Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Divas - Mariah Carey

by Audrey Posted 20th May 2010 at 10:39 AM - Updated 21st May 2010 at 12:22 PM by Audrey

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th May 2010 at 1:08 PM
YEY!!!!! She's absolutely amazing!!!!!!!! really really really really well done Audrey The hard work really paid off.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2010 at 1:34 PM
Very good likeness!
Theorist
#4 Old 20th May 2010 at 1:36 PM
Awesome job I was hoping someone would make her, so thank you
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#5 Old 20th May 2010 at 2:05 PM
Wonderful, Audrey! I'm so glad to see her. And she looks fabulous!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2010 at 3:29 PM Last edited by Audrey : 20th May 2010 at 3:55 PM.
Thanks Simmie, Es, Nyn and Robie. I appreciate your kind words.

I can now delete her from my overflowing studio!!

Thank you to the mod(s) who modded her and gave me such a nice comment.(:

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th May 2010 at 4:40 PM
Nice work, so glad you made her

Flawless & Perfect
Divoply's Creations are here to stay
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th May 2010 at 7:38 PM
Although she's really beautiful and unique-looking, there's not a likeness in my opinion. She looks more like Shakira than Mariah Carey.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th May 2010 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Audrey : 20th May 2010 at 8:51 PM.
I think it might be the curly hair that makes you think that. Here is a picture of Shakira and there is a definite resemblance between the two divas.

One of the distinctive things about Mariah is long distance between the bottom of her nose and her top lip. I tried to bring that feature out.

Thanks for your feedback.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:.../11/shakira.jpg

I feel honoured, a Spanish magazine wants to feature my Desperate Housewives and Will Smith in their feature on celebrity sims.
Scholar
#10 Old 21st May 2010 at 3:59 AM
OMG! She is perfect! Congrats!!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st May 2010 at 8:49 AM
Thanks Monca, but looking at the other downloads and the amount of views and thanks they get, it looks like celeb sims are waning in popularity, or maybe I'm just not that good and people are not seeing the resemblance.

I seems that unique sims are the ones that people are looking for, but I don't find that so challenging. Anyway, maybe unique sims are the way for me to go in future.

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st May 2010 at 9:57 AM
You NEED to make a Jennifer Lopez sim for your "The Divas" collection. Loving all your sims so far!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 21st May 2010 at 10:08 AM
I think you've captured her facial features beautifully, and I know how much time you've spent on her, she turned out really well. Keep making gorgeous sims

People who say sunshine brings happiness have obviously never danced in the rain.
Test Subject
#14 Old 21st May 2010 at 11:15 AM
where did you get the hair?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 21st May 2010 at 12:08 PM
Ollewoor, I hadn't planned to make any more Diva sims. If there are more requests for her, I might consider it. Thank you for your comment.

emmz, thank you. You give me heart.

Destiny Skyez: there are two hairs and I have links to both on the front page.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 23rd May 2010 at 7:46 PM
I can see a definite ressemblance !! Good Job.

BTW the link to the eyebrows get's us to Ladyfrontbum skintone !!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th May 2010 at 1:46 AM
Omg, looks JUST like her! Awesome! Perfect! Gold star! (haha =P)
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th May 2010 at 3:32 PM
No offense , but I see no resemblance between the Sim and Mariah... I just have different opinions than you guys. Sorry.
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th May 2010 at 11:53 PM
She crashes my game

Flawless & Perfect
Divoply's Creations are here to stay
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:55 AM
I'm sorry Divoply, I don't know why.

Field Researcher
#21 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 2:27 AM
Its a Nice Sim but it looks nothing like Mariah Carey.
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 1:01 AM
I applaud your attempt but she does not look like Mariah Carey. However, this Sim still looks decent enough to play.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:15 PM
Well, I'm happy that you are putting her in your game. You have no idea how hard she was to make.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 6:19 PM
What ever happened to the saying, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." It is very difficult to make a sim look like a real person, even if all the features are perfect, it's just different. If you don't like it, move along... I think you did a wonderful job. A much, MUCH better version of Mariah than I could ever make.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 8:10 AM
Thank you NicksGirl85.
Page 1 of 2