Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aishah2195
It certainly can! i did it twice! its weird how ur sim wouldn't eat or sleep....was it a glitch?

I've no idea what was going wrong! I started again with a new sim, and there was a glitch where when she started to "show" nothing happened, other than her waving and the camera constantly zooming in on her. I tried deleting her (using moveObjects on) and restarting, but she was outside the house waving, and the camera kept zooming in on her. in the end I gave up and put her in the bin!

I started again with another new sim, and so far so good, she's on her 4th pregnancy with a child, toddler and baby to look after...

"Did I not just use the word 'puzzling'?"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 1:17 AM
oh kool! i hope it works for you this time..good luck!!!
Test Subject
#28 Old 19th Jun 2010 at 1:53 PM
Just started this mission (my first btw)
Just from right off I miss maxmotives it is amazing how dependent I am on cheats.
If anyone wants to check out my sims story I posted it on this blog site
thougts.com
Having fun with it so far! :D
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 9:47 AM
oh kool! i hope it works for you this time..good luck!!!

I had to give up again! the same thing happened, she wouldn't stay in bed, she wouldn't stay in the shower, she took food from the fridge then didn't cook it, then she went into labour and died...

the sounds of the babies/toddlers screaming while the Social Worker came to get them will haunt me forever!!

I'm going to try again with a new sim...

"Did I not just use the word 'puzzling'?"
Mad Poster
#30 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I just started this challenge, so far she has a child, a toddler and a baby..... Not too bad so far, but it's getting trickier! :-) I hardly ever have families with more than two children, or if I do I spread them out so that the woman is never pregnant and looking after a toddler, so this is certainly different!

**UPDATE** Two children, a toddler, a baby, and pregnant with #5! The Energizer is wonderful! I'd never used it before.... Smart Milk is awesome too. So far the three eldest all got Potty Trained and learned to walk and talk. And Mummy has 15 skill points, mainly in cooking :-) Only bad thing is that she's passed out once..... I'm really enjoying this challenge! :-D

I forgot that I was doing this challenge, and deleted all my neighbourhoods..... And I was doing so well too! Just loading up the game to start the challenge again now.....

I did it last time without using any money cheats to start (makes it more of a challenge!), and I intend to do that again this time, but is it allowed to get your sim a job on the first day so that she gets maternity leave pay for the rest of her adult life (as she's always pregnant/raising kids)? That way she would have a (small) income, and I could play without needing extra money to start with......
Test Subject
#31 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I forgot that I was doing this challenge, and deleted all my neighbourhoods..... And I was doing so well too! Just loading up the game to start the challenge again now.....

I did it last time without using any money cheats to start (makes it more of a challenge!), and I intend to do that again this time, but is it allowed to get your sim a job on the first day so that she gets maternity leave pay for the rest of her adult life (as she's always pregnant/raising kids)? That way she would have a (small) income, and I could play without needing extra money to start with......

haha thats a good way to attack this
I am having a bunch of trouble with this also my poor sim mother is always tired popping through these kids I might try again with another sim. I think I am started to get the trick to this
Mad Poster
#32 Old 20th Jun 2010 at 7:38 PM
My poor Mummy sim now has 5 children - the eldest (a son) has just gone off to college, then she has two child daughters, a toddler daughter, a toddler son and another baby due very soon! :-) So far she's passed out once, other than that no problems! Oh, apart from a near brush with the social worker when child #3 played chess outside for hours in mid summer and nearly got heatstroke.....

The three kids that are passed toddler age, and the oldest of the two toddlers, learned all of their toddler skills. Mummy has 14 skill points, mostly in Cooking. Eldest son Adam got 3 scholarships when he went to university (right after he became a teen, I phoned College.....Apply for Scholarships and then straight after moved him to college) - for an A+, high cooking skill and high cleaning skill. The next child becomes a teen in 3 days, and is looking likely to get 5 scholarships! :-D Mummy uses the Energizer whenever she can, and Smart Milk also comes in handy! :-)

I am really enjoying this challenge! :-D I am now playing the uni household and the main household concurrently - so I played the three day gap between the two eldest with the uni household, so when child #2 ages to teen I'll move her in to a uni household with her older brother.

Oh, and I'm naming them alphabetically.... Sad, I know! So far I have Adam, Bethany, Cassie, Danielle and Eric, with baby Fiona or Frederick on the way...... Mummy is called Jillian Lockley, so no alphabet games there....
Test Subject
#33 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 2:44 AM
I am taking a second stab at this challenge. Learning some tips along the way
Like the smart milk and the energizer are naturally your best friends through this challenge. It's funny playing the game I don't use these because its so much simpler using maxmotives.
I also think if you have Freetime using the second ambition as knowledge might help especially learning cooking skills as quick as possible.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 8:49 AM
its awesome to hear your progress guys and i love seeing pics!
Test Subject
#35 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 10:08 AM
I'll try this! I think it will making the mother feel tortured. Haha.
But I want to ask. If the 1st pregnancy is conceived by cheat, is it OK if I use cheat for the next pregnancy? Or should it be naturally?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iamNOTHING
I'll try this! I think it will making the mother feel tortured. Haha.
But I want to ask. If the 1st pregnancy is conceived by cheat, is it OK if I use cheat for the next pregnancy? Or should it be naturally?

All ur pregnancies should be achieved by cheats!
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 11:53 AM Last edited by iamNOTHING : 30th Jun 2010 at 8:32 AM.
All ur pregnancies should be achieved by cheats!

Haha it's okay. Gonna make it started if I am not trying to play with my non-challenge CAS.

Edited Again!:
Currently, the mother Aquilla Appleton is expecting for baby #7 from delivery man Stephan Gothier, and she had Alessandra (teen, went to college, by Don Lothario), twins Ace and Acacia (child, 3 days to teenage, by postman Sheldon Hanby), Aidan (child, 6 days to teenage, by Brandon Lillard), Andromeda (alien toddler, 1 day to childhood) and Adam (baby, by Steven Goss).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iamNOTHING
Currently, the mother Aquilla Appleton is expecting for baby #7

child 7...she must be close to old age now right?
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 2:08 AM
child 7...she must be close to old age now right?

yes! maybe 5 days before that
and the rest for the mother, haha
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:43 AM
Just got back into this challenge!
Had some trouble this past week with my computer but now I am back! On baby #6 with my mother sim Lily Hataway. Since she is the only one raising them I am naming the kids all with the letter L.
Kids
Laura- eldest daughter just moved her to the La Fiesta Dorm with a academic and creativity scholorship
Lisa- another girl will be a teen in the next couple of days
Lucus-first boy just turned into a child
Lindsey-Toddler
Leo-Infant

and more to come she still seems to have 11 days left so it couple be like 2-3 more kids
Test Subject
#41 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:49 PM
My sim definetely could not wait to be an elder.
She had an astounding 10 kids the with a set of triplets and another single infant towards old oge.
4 of the kids became teen before she became elder
2 were kids
3 toddlers
1 infant

I might get her married and move back some of the teen
Screenshots
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
I tried this challenge, but haven't finished yet because I was preoccupied with another family (Plantsim with a huge farm and produce selling business) but I just had her order a ton of pizzas when she could and stuffed them in her inventory. Practically solved the food problem when she was in her 2nd and 3rd trimester and caring for more than one toddler at once. Of course, I think I may be cheating a bit- I've got the toddler blankets so the kids can put themselves to sleep. But I have managed to get her the energizer, the thinking cap, and the smart milk with her and her kid's aspiration points. She's a Family Sim with Knowledge on the side so she's always rolling wants to teach the toddler skills. She's currently got a child, a toddler, an infant, and one on the way, and she's doing surprisingly well. This challenge is easier than the "Toddler Mania" challenge, but then I couldn't even finish that one because I got so frustrated! ("Toddler Mania" involves one parent raising seven toddlers at once)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 12:53 AM
shorty803357 did you end up finishing the challenge? using the toddler blanket isnt cheating coz u can use a pet bed if you want and that is the same thing really....
Test Subject
#44 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 2:42 AM
Oh man!

If there was child support in the sims! xD
Test Subject
#45 Old 6th Oct 2010 at 8:41 PM
OMG!! That is so cruel!! I have GOT to try this out when I have the chance!! I feel like doing this to a male Sim for some reason. 0.o
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 8:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dragonfriend5000
OMG!! That is so cruel!! I have GOT to try this out when I have the chance!! I feel like doing this to a male Sim for some reason. 0.o

LMAO! that could be an EXCELLENT idea!!!!! how hilarious!
Test Subject
#47 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 1:25 PM
this sounds so cool.gonna start soon

sims are be teh awsome way of life[I][B]
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 3:06 PM
It certainly can! i did it twice! its weird how ur sim wouldn't eat or sleep....was it a glitch?

I could possibly be an in game glitch, because sometimes when sims have very low Hunger and Energy meters they go into what I call 'Lockdown' because they will refuse to sleep because they are so hungry and then when you finally after about 5 pass outs have a sim with a cooked meal, sitting at the table, she will just flop and sleep in her dinner which lowers other meters.

The best thing to do is just let her fall asleep in the food, then wake up when she seems ready and make her eat, then sleep, the get others stats up.

I might try this. Sim babies and toddlers are a pain in the butt for me though arrgg lol
Field Researcher
#49 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:09 PM
I am SO doing this! I love SimToddlers/Babies... I can't wait to see how this will turn out!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 3:39 AM
Default new twist
Thank You, by far the best baby challenge i've ever read although i created my sim as a young adult and immediately dropped out with no skills then moved her (mary magdalene) to super luxurious underground mansion surrounded by empty fixit homes so when her children graduate college they can really start from the bottom. so basically a legacy is born. Thanks again for helping me create my new Jerusalem.

p.s. the first child was a boy (what's his name)????
Page 2 of 3