Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[FIXED-Now compatitable with LN] OPHs,OE,OR-The revolutional objects for decorating your sim's houses!!!

by sims_reality Posted 15th Jun 2010 at 4:30 PM - Updated 7th Nov 2010 at 12:23 PM by sims_reality

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:05 PM
Thank you so much, I've been waiting for this since Sims 3 came out.

A friend whose hopes we cannot satisfy is a friend we would rather have as an enemy.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Field Researcher
#3 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:11 PM
wow! that's a whole lot going on (for the good of us all!)

You're lying to Sam like he's your wife. Which kinda makes me your mistress.
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 5:16 PM
I have a question. I like to design in the architect profession in ambitions using slots on a bunch of shelves and bathtubs and things, but the client yells at me because they say they can't get to their objects when they are all decorative. Will that happen with these?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 6:39 PM
You can put sims on these! OMG- THANK YOU! This is what I've always wanted. (Okay, well not always. Just since last year.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 6:48 PM
This looks really good, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:14 PM
Great, just what I needed this morning !
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:28 PM
This is awesome, thanks!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#9 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:42 PM
Hey sims_reality!

First of all, these are AWESOME. You should have heard the noise I made when I saw them! Truly fantastic - LOVE THEM!

However, I have a couple... things... related to them.

I've tested them (yes, I downloaded them out of the moderation queue - hey, I was excited!) and there's an... unexpected bug/feature/thing? If you put an object on the OR, it shrinks it as expected - if you continue holding onto the OR and press > on the keyboard to rotate the object, it increases the object size by a little for 2 presses. Which is actually kind of cool.

Likewise... If you put an object on the OE, it enlarges it as expected - and then if you continue holding onto it and press > on the keyboard to rotate, it decreases the object size by a little, for several presses (much more than the OR). However, it seems to shrink it much more side to side than vertically, so you end up with very tall skinny objects. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing for some applications - but not as useful as if it scaled it the same both ways. I'm not sure if this is unexpected behavior though - it's not mentioned in the description, but I notice that the statue in this pic looks scaled down more in height than in width/depth, so perhaps it's something you came across in testing?

Also, one small suggestion - the in-game description and title are sort of ambiguous - spelling out each name (Object Placement Helper - 1.0 Height) and using the description for very basic usage instructions ("To use: Stack OPHs to desired height, place OR or OE on top of OPHs if scaling is desired, then place decor object on stacked OPHs. Use moveobjects on and move stack with object on top into place. Then enter Live Mode and use the Invisibility menu to make them invisible." or something like that) might be a little easier if people go off to play with them and forget the instructions.
Scholar
#10 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:48 PM
Love it! Great work! ill use this in my homes for pictures for sure!

Call me Tyu. (:
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 8:14 PM
Wow, I can't way to use this in my game! Thank you You're my new hero!

for more of my lots check out my blog: smmishing.wordpress.com/
Test Subject
#12 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:20 PM
Thank you so much! You have unlocked so many possibilities for the community!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:03 PM
It's not letting me stack more than 2 OMH's on top of each other. Is it supposed to be this way? And could you remove the footprint so that we would not need to use moveobjects?

On another note, thank you a TON. This is absolutely amazing.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#14 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:33 PM
Most excellent! Thanks to you and your helpers!
Test Subject
#15 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:59 PM
First: Thank you so very very much.

I have problem with stacking. They won´t let me.
I have tried to stack the OMH´s with both moveObjects on/off but nothing works.

I have
Sims3 1.12.70
World Adventures 2.0.86
Ambitions 4.0.87
Forum Resident
#16 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jadaytime
It's not letting me stack more than 2 OMH's on top of each other. Is it supposed to be this way? And could you remove the footprint so that we would not need to use moveobjects?

On another note, thank you a TON. This is absolutely amazing.

Same here, I can only stack two, but I don't have HELS or Ambitions installed yet. Could that be the reason maybe?
I wonder if there could be more OR and OE's which scale to different sizes? Is that possible? Some objects are just too huge or too tiny.

All that aside! These are AWESOME!!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!! :D
Scholar
#17 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:28 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:30 AM
tyyyy : DDDDDDDD

now that i've lost you it kills me to say, i tried to hold on but you slowly slipped away.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:14 AM
How utterly awesome! Thank you for these - now I can clutter up my Sims lives even more! Pardon me while I go check these out! Thanks again for sharing your great work with us!
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 6:29 AM
ohmuhgod, these are fantastic. Can you place sims on them? That would make my...month! ;D <3 <3
Scholar
#21 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:01 AM
THANK YOU so much for this great creation.Now I really begin to love Sims 3,its because of you and some people like you.Big hugs.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ameliaaah
ohmuhgod, these are fantastic. Can you place sims on them? That would make my...month! ;D <3 <3

Ta dan

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Hey sims_reality!

First of all, these are AWESOME. You should have heard the noise I made when I saw them! Truly fantastic - LOVE THEM!

However, I have a couple... things... related to them.

I've tested them (yes, I downloaded them out of the moderation queue - hey, I was excited!) and there's an... unexpected bug/feature/thing? If you put an object on the OR, it shrinks it as expected - if you continue holding onto the OR and press > on the keyboard to rotate the object, it increases the object size by a little for 2 presses. Which is actually kind of cool.

Likewise... If you put an object on the OE, it enlarges it as expected - and then if you continue holding onto it and press > on the keyboard to rotate, it decreases the object size by a little, for several presses (much more than the OR). However, it seems to shrink it much more side to side than vertically, so you end up with very tall skinny objects. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing for some applications - but not as useful as if it scaled it the same both ways. I'm not sure if this is unexpected behavior though - it's not mentioned in the description, but I notice that the statue in this pic looks scaled down more in height than in width/depth, so perhaps it's something you came across in testing?

Also, one small suggestion - the in-game description and title are sort of ambiguous - spelling out each name (Object Placement Helper - 1.0 Height) and using the description for very basic usage instructions ("To use: Stack OPHs to desired height, place OR or OE on top of OPHs if scaling is desired, then place decor object on stacked OPHs. Use moveobjects on and move stack with object on top into place. Then enter Live Mode and use the Invisibility menu to make them invisible." or something like that) might be a little easier if people go off to play with them and forget the instructions.

Oh,,I had the issue of objects shrinking/enlarging at a different scale when I rotate them, but I really have no idea why that is happening...XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharlieSteal
I have a question. I like to design in the architect profession in ambitions using slots on a bunch of shelves and bathtubs and things, but the client yells at me because they say they can't get to their objects when they are all decorative. Will that happen with these?

I'm not so sure...but they probalby will...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightlight
Ta dan

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I didn't know you could do that! It would be fun to place them on OE or OR XD..
Page 1 of 4