Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Versatile Shelving: Half Shelves & In-between Uprights

by orangemittens Posted 6th Jul 2010 at 6:08 PM

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 7:41 PM
Thank you so much! I love your versatile shelving.
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 6:39 AM
Awesome shelves ^^

Where, by the way, did you get those chairs?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:25 PM
Thank you both Caitin, the chairs are from my little dining set that I posted here. You can get to it by clicking on my downloads page
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 3:53 PM
Thank you a million times! (Once for each piece of your shelving sets I've used in-game, LOL.)

I absolutely DO NOT run a house in the Sims without these shelves and uprights, and adding half-shelves is just frosting on the cake!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 4:09 PM
Their gorgeous Orange how did you work with the image files on the mesh I have a hard time working with the alphas could you pm me some tips ? ty x
Wiki Wizard
#7 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:24 PM
You're such a genius! again wonderful work!!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 11:03 PM
Thanks again Mel, I've got one big tip about alphas: Paint.NET. Look at the tips post in meshing I posted to find a link about it and the plugin you need to work with alphas easily. If you're still having issues come on over and post...it's been awhile since you dropped in
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 2:28 AM
I love these they are a must have
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:33 AM
Thanks orangemittens. I don't understand why EA does'nt put things like this in their basic games . No house should have to do without.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 8:26 AM
Default German translation
Thanks a lot. Especially for the partial stands. I have attached a version with german translations included.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  MTS_orangemittens_1112183_OM_ShelvesVersatile_Halves_GER.7z (175.8 KB, 5 downloads)
Description: Version with german translation
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 6:49 PM Last edited by AreilDelphinus : 2nd Aug 2010 at 7:14 PM.
I love these shelves, they are wonderfu and I am sorry to bother you but I was wondering if there was a special cheat code I had to put in I can put stuff on the first 2 bottom shelves but nothing any higher then that? Don't know if it is because I am trying to use them in the basement.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:48 PM
I'm not sure about using them in a basement because I've never tried that. But I find that the easiest way to get things on the higher shelves is to look at them from above when placing things on them.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:24 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but I don't see a file for the upright shelf from the 1st to the 2nd shelf... O.o
Or was is supposed to be like that?....
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 10:38 PM
Hi Zessinna The upright shelf that runs between the first and second shelves is in the original set. I provided a link to that set in the main post and you can also get to it by clicking on my downloads page.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 8:18 AM
One of the most simple things in the game, but also one of the best downloads on this side. Thanks! A must have.
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Feb 2013 at 4:11 AM Last edited by 4thStar : 22nd Feb 2013 at 4:12 AM. Reason: Typo~
I've always loved your objects I got my game up to date (well, up to the "70s, 80s &90s" SP) and I was wondering is these are safe to download? Many of the shelf-like objects I re-downloaded had to be updated after the Pets EP, so I'm careful as I don't really know WHAT needed to be modified for Pets.