Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Buy Takeout And Order Food At Restaurants

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 2,843 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 264,264 Views
Picked Upload!   This is a picked upload! It showcases some of the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
Uploaded: 23rd Jul 2010 at 7:01 PM
Updated: 11th Jan 2015 at 5:44 PM
Updates
2015-01-11 - Updated Commons. Affects Scribbling Pad, DouglasVeiga Dancer Servcer, Moar Interactions and Buy Takeout. If you use any of them, download the updated version, please.
2014-03-15 - Updated to game version 1.67. This is kind of an experimental version. It may be a bit flaky with some of the newer rabbithole types, but it should work all in all.

scope of this mod
Sometimes you just want a sim which cannot or does not cook. In that case you're forced to stick to canned soup and cereal or to have your sim eat at the bistro or diner all the time. Well, not anymore, because with this mod, your sims can buy prepared food at the diner and bistro or, for the extremely lazy ones, have it delivered and put into their fridge without moving a muscle. BTW: This is by no means a cheaty mod. If you think this mod would enable you to wriggle yourself out of the hassle of making Ambrosia ... think again. You can only buy meals which are made from freely available ingredients.

usage
Just put the mod into you mods folder. In the game two new menus will appear when you click on bistros and diners: "Buy Takeout" and "Order Food". The "Order Food" menu will also appear on all phones.

Choose the type - meaty, vegetarian or dessert - and the specific meal. The prices depend heavily on the ingredient cost and the skill required to make the meal. Delivery expense for orders is 50ยง. You will get at least normal quality food at the diner and at least great quality food at the bistro. Accordingly, the prices are different for diners and bistros.

Dependent on your choice, your sim will either go to the restaurant to get the food or the delivery sim will bring it to you and put it directly into your fridge.

That is, most of the times. Sometimes, the delivery sim gets lost on the way.

translation
This mod is fully localizable. If you are willing to support a translation, please read the first comment for instructions.
Currently supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Mexican, Russian, Brazilian, Norwegian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Danish, Taiwanese Traditional Chinese, Czech

compatibility
Supported for game version 1.67.

possible conflicts and specifics
This is a scripting mod and as such the possibility for conflicts with other mods, no matter what kind, is next to non-existant. Heads Up! If you check this mod in Delphy's Dashboard, it may show a conflict with my other mods. You can ignore that. It's by design, i.e. some of my mods share one framework resource. It will actually conflict in the sense that the game will only load one instance of that resource. That's the whole point, though.

deinstallation
Before you remove this mod, please make sure that no sim is currently on his way to get food and no order is currently being processed. If you don't do so, you may be become unable to load your savegame.

support
Please respect that I support my mods but not mods or even custom content in general, not in my upload threads anyway and certainly not if you ask me by PM. I will always try to find and squish bugs, therefore I appreciate bug reports. If one of my mods isn't working for you, please at least try to ensure that it's a failure of my mod before you ask for help. You'll find the link to the detailed CC Basics tutorial when you click on the Install Instructions tab. I am a compassionate guy, but please understand that I can only muster so much endurance to address issues completely unrelated to my mods.

credits
Thanks to timoram26, Sims_MX, KuriXarya, Shykary, Padda1794, Henek, emilyjagt, des-demmonia, GTNS, gutchi1, TLSWarrior and Mar_ienka for translating.

disclaimer
Might lead to a serious case of squished brain. Your game should be safe, though.