Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Small "Modern" Kingdom (No CC and Fewer EPs) Part 3 of 5

by StephSim Posted 31st Jul 2010 at 4:48 PM - Updated 26th Nov 2010 at 5:58 PM by StephSim

14 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 7:36 PM
This is amazing. I always like your lots, but you outdid yourself this time.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 3:25 AM
I totally agree with Nieri. And all with no CC, amazing! Thanks for sharing. =D

Remember, being paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not after you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 5:46 AM
Nieri, sarah*rose -

Thank you both. I appreciate the compliments.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 6:17 PM
You are truly spoiling us! Absolutely LOVE your work! Thank you for sharing them with us.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2010 at 4:20 PM
Malakaaz
You are most welcomed!

Just 4 smaller sets away from completing all things Medieval!

I giggle over the idea of "spoiling"...I guess that is true for fans of all things medieval...but for others I'm sure it's pure torture to see yet "another" set of Medieval lots (no matter how individual and unique each neighborhood map or lot really is). Of course, I have such plans for my medieval lots that are beyond things medieval.

I do digress...PLEASE enjoy the downloads!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2010 at 12:42 PM
Very cute, I love your lots =) ! They are all very good jobs, thank you !
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 2:25 AM
Juju,
I appreciate the feedback and I hope you enjoy them just as much in-game.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 3:23 PM Last edited by cimmerae : 4th Aug 2010 at 3:25 PM. Reason: spelling errors correction
Hello .. I really love all your lots but I am interested in your medevil lots at this time.

I have all of them. I am playing them at this time. One note I might want to make about these lots is that there seems to be a slight problem with the trash compactors and the npc and residents.

They seem confused when taking the garbage out of it and don't know where to throw the trash out as there is no trash can on the lot.

I understand that metal trash cans are no no in this time but is there a hidden alternative. If there is my playables and npc don't know where it is. hee hee

This is not a complaint ... i just curious if others have had this problem and what the fix could be....as i truly think this is a marvalous accomplishment and should be a top download, in my humble opinion : )
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 7:29 PM Last edited by StephSim : 19th Aug 2010 at 4:39 AM.
cimmerae,

Thanks for letting me know about this.

However...I don't believe I used any trash compactors at all (as I thought Sims would use trashcans when there was no compactor) and that in itself may be a problem. Also the shiny metal trashcans are already there. They are disguised in Sophie-David's Trash Barrel - filename sdTrashBarrelMaster. Basically, the Trashbarrel is a trashcan and the one I used most in the Gwrych lots. I even placed a few inside. Which again may be a problem when it comes to NPCs and such. Basically, the problem may be in the fact that these are the ONLY trashcans on the lot. So...perhaps this problem can be fixed by simply adding a trash compactor and/or an inside trashcan to the necessary lots.

There is an invisible garbage disposal found HERE that suggests you to place a decorative trash barrel in the same slot so that it has an authentic look. There is also an inside trashcan (barrel) bucket found HERE in the second download - filename sdTtrashBucketNoCheat_Basegame. Both creations are by Sophie-David. Also be sure to read the information on both sets BEFORE adding the objects to your game.

I didn't actually used the garbage disposal at all in the Gwrych project because it wasn't available at the time and David was fine tuning the inside trashcan bucket. So when I packaged the Gwrych lots, I did not include the garbage disposal at all and the short trashbarrel bucket was used in a few of the later lots.

Now if you did download that invisible garbage disposal and added it to your lots and that is why you are having trouble then this would be something to PM David (Sophie-David) about.

Just for clarity...adding a trash compactor and/or inside trashcan (using the two above links) may help with the NPC issues. If you already added them and there is a problem with them, let Sophie-David know.

Also...None of this has any impact on this collection - A Small Kingdom - because these lots are decorated for modern times and include no Custom Content at all.

So do enjoy the downloads and I hope this helps.

~*~Stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Theorist
#11 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cimmerae
I have all of them. I am playing them at this time. One note I might want to make about these lots is that there seems to be a slight problem with the trash compactors and the npc and residents.
I would really like to help, but I will need some clarification.

Are you referring to trash compactor use in the Small Kingdom or Gwrych sets? As uploaded, there are no trash compactors in Gwyrch, and the Small Kingdom is completely stock (no custom content).

They seem confused when taking the garbage out of it and don't know where to throw the trash out as there is no trash can on the lot.
Is there a particular situation in which this occurs? Community or Residential? Restaurants only? I know that both StephSim and I tested these lots extensively - and Gwyrch is now my default play environment - without any issues such as you describe. Although there were no trash compactors uploaded in Gwrych, I did test my invisible trash compactor in the Gwyrch residential environment and both the maid and player Sim were able to empty it into the trash barrel. But there indeed may be a particular situation that I have overlooked.

I understand that metal trash cans are no no in this time but is there a hidden alternative. If there is my playables and npc don't know where it is. hee hee
If we can replicate the problem I am confident that I will be able to fix it or provide a work-around.

Quote: Originally posted by StepSim
There is an invisible garbage disposal found HERE that suggests you to place a decorative trash barrel in the same slot so that it has an authentic look. There is also an inside trashcan (barrel) bucket found HERE in the second download - filename sdTtrashBucketNoCheat_Basegame. Both creations are by Sophie-David. Also be sure to read the information on both sets BEFORE adding the objects to your game.
I really wouldn't recommend using the invisible trash compactor in a community lot because of the difficulty in aligning the dummy bucket with the location that the actual trash will end up in when placed within the invisible trash compactor. You can really only do so after running the game in live mode - as you can at a residential lot - then using "boolprop snapobjecttogrid false" to nudge the dummy bucket until it completely obscures the trash that is within the compactor. Otherwise the result looks pretty tacky - or is that trashy?

Actually a working "trash compactor bucket" is on my project list, but when I will get to it is anyone's guess!

This is not a complaint ... i just curious if others have had this problem and what the fix could be....as i truly think this is a marvalous accomplishment and should be a top download, in my humble opinion : )
Yes, absolutely!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 4:38 AM
cimmerae,
After more testing of the Gwrych lots...I have found that a few of the trash barrels (which are the trash cans) may be off-centered when placed. If your Simmies are having trouble taking things to the outside barrel near the street end, I suggest replacing the trashbarrel or making sure it is facing the street if it is on that first row of tiles closest to the street.

There are a variety of barrels in Gwrych...some are functional like the trash can and trash barrels. Others are simply decorative or have slots which allow your Simmies to place things on them. Now that the barrel collection is basically complete, I have more options than I had before for decorating Gwrych.

As for trash compactors specifically...there only trash compactor used in Gwrych is Numenor's Pot Belly Stove - (which is also a cooking surface as well as a trash compactor). I will be including a few invisible trash compactors in upcoming Gwrych lots. But I have tested them for functionality. Of course, there will be the odd off-centered placement that I don't catch, but for the most part...the objects used are safe and functional.

Back to Simming for me and thank you again for sharing what you discovered.

Other than these things...my Simmies seem to be moving above fine and using the trash barrels as intended (even on community lots). The only thing with community lots is that I haven't tested to see if NPCs prefer using the trash compactor for certain objects like soda cans or tv dinner trash. So, I shall include a few trash compactors in upcoming Gwrych lots in the testing phase. Now...Controlled Simmies (User created Sims) can dispose of both items in the trash barrels.

Other than that all I can think is there is some freaky Sim glitch or some conflict caused by user created objects in your downloads folder.

I hope you've worked it all out at this point in time and please have fun in Gwrych and with this collection of "A Small Kingdom" lots and thanks for the compliment BTW.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Jul 2012 at 9:39 AM
No star? I was thinking this could be a picked upload. These lots are sooo cute!!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Jul 2012 at 7:08 PM
lol

Thanks billielith.

BTW - Loving the new avatar (mole and all).

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 10:38 PM
Thanks You!