Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

For Harry and Hermione - Return to Hogwarts

by pegasaus Posted 23rd Aug 2010 at 11:45 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2011 at 7:41 PM by pegasaus

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 12:54 AM
Wow, you did an amazing job on this. I love it! Thanks for sharing it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:07 AM
Epic <3

( ' )>
||
/ \ <- The Goldfish/ Plumbob stealing seagull
| |
\ /
||

Imma download whore ;)
and Little Monster♥
BTW you need more milk I drank it all
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:11 AM
Harry/Hermione all the way! <33333

I love this!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 7:21 AM
This great indeed. I think it's the most realistic Hogwarts I've already seen.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:37 AM
Thanks for nice words!
And I have to say, if someone don't want it, then he/she shouldn't even open it in the downloads list. I don't want to be rude, but this lot is created only and specifically for H/Hr

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 11:08 AM
Love it, the pictures in the stairwell pretty much sold it for me, - and I fully ship H/Hr and have always felt his relationship with Ginny was like...halfheartedly thrown in at the last moment. Books 1-4 she's in the background mainly, and BAM all of sudden he's hardcore in love with her? Rather than like a girl he's shared so many experiences with, he's going to go with a girl he's barely spoke to? - that's just my feeling personally.
Inventor
#8 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tymaporer
I'm not sure how appropriate it is to gush about your shipping in the main text...bit distracting from the sales pitch, I'd say.

I was thinking the same about this.
Your building looks beautiful, but the shipping part takes away a lot of the creation-text.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 1:27 PM
oh my god, this is so awesome!! thank you so much!! I agree with you on h Hermione and Harry thing, haha. :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 1:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chancho
Love it, the pictures in the stairwell pretty much sold it for me, - and I fully ship H/Hr and have always felt his relationship with Ginny was like...halfheartedly thrown in at the last moment. Books 1-4 she's in the background mainly, and BAM all of sudden he's hardcore in love with her? Rather than like a girl he's shared so many experiences with, he's going to go with a girl he's barely spoke to? - that's just my feeling personally.

i can't agree with you more!

<Just a broken heart that the world forgot. </3>
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:31 PM
Well, that's the point: I have built something really beautiful, but I built it only for those who are like me. I had worse uploads, so this is nothing. If you like it, click 'thanks' and download it, if you don't, then don't waste your time on this page.

And I won't change the back story!

Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:37 PM
Pegasaus I love your lots and hope you keep building. As for the 'story' about this lot - One of the great things about the Sims is that you can make your own stories about whatever you choose. I actually read a naughty, but quite good 'alternative' to the Harry Potter original in which H + H get together. So, when it comes to imagination anything is possible - make your own reality!

Visit these sites for more Medieval downloads: Sunni Designs, Plumb Bob Keep, and The Medieval Smithy.
Inventor
#13 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 2:55 PM
OMG! This is beautiful! You did a wonderful job, it seems very true to the books/movies/video games. Actually I was looking at your screenshots and thinking it looked so much like the OotP game (which I play frequently mostly b/c I love the look of it best). And I didn't mind the bit about you shipping Harry/Hermione, but then I ship them as well.

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:40 PM
Great job! Do the stairs REALLY move? That would be so awesome! I too was a fan of Harry and Hermione; not diehard, mind you, but still a fan nontheless; and still rather dissapointed when J.K. Rowling started shipping Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione. Anyway.....can't wait to try this; thanks again!
Instructor
#15 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:52 PM
It's a wonderful lot, and I get that your inspiration was H/Hr (which I like), but no one needs to play the lot with those characters and the hardcore shipper info in your description is distracting. In fact, you didn't even include some vital pieces of information about the lot itself. Like what size it is, how many rooms it has, or which ones they are, or whether your design is based more on the movies or the books or a combination of both. Those are things that matter a lot more to people who want to download a building. Shipping belongs on a fandom board, not here.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 6:16 PM
This is beautiful, and very special, pegasaus! Thank you for uploading it.

See my blog for my very latest lots, including some that are not available on MTS2: Twoflower's Sims 2 Lots. Also, see what's happening in Apple Grove, my Prosperity Challenge neighborhood.
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 7:26 PM
Thanks everyone!
I edited the main text for those that don't like H/Hr, and it has already got 16 comments! I mean, every lot can't be featured or picked, so I don't feel bad because of this. Who likes it he/she will download it, no matter on the back story

Marauders4EVR - sadly, stairs aren't moving! It would be perfect if they could move, and we can all imagine that they are moving

Wiki Wizard
#18 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 7:44 PM
This is incredible! If this is not something special, i will be in awe of something that is! brilliant creation, i LOVE the main moving staircase area!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:16 PM
Beautiful job, pagasaus!

My simblr
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 1:17 AM
I'm not one for H/H, but Draco and Astoria will sure have fun here ;D
Instructor
#21 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 4:21 AM
Not a Harmony fan (I never got that vibe from the books, but I see your point from the movies even though they aren't canon), but this is a beautiful lot! Definitely will keep it for a fantasy hood one day :3.
Space Pony
#22 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 4:51 AM
Ah, you may have misunderstood -- I merely meant that the shipping could have been balanced better with the sales pitch, not to remove it entirely. (As for my two simoleons, I don't exactly agree with the shipping, but I do think it'd've been better than what turned out in canon, so it's not that at all. )
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 9:15 AM
Thank you! I have already told you: you don't have to use this lot for H/Hr! You can play with it how you want.... And I don't care if the shipping is distracting, because if someone likes the lot, he/she should download it no matter what's written in description... Again, I won't change the back story!

Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 2:47 PM Last edited by StephSim : 25th Aug 2010 at 3:07 PM.

It's amazing how this spiraled into a place of absolute madness. Comments have a way of doing that. One person lights a fire and others follow suit (even when the initial comment was not meant as a spark).

Personally, I do not believe Harry and Hermione should be together as this buys into the adage that males and females can't be friends who love each other with a passion. I have such a friend and the idea of being romantically involved with him cheapens the beauty of what we share. That bond is just as strong as my bond with my husband and is one that cannot be severed because unconditional love is a most powerful thing when you do love that way. That is how I see Harry and Hermione. But is that really relevant to what pegasus shared here? Not really. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

So what is relevant? I think the focus is skewed. It's not just about the backstory, but also about the lot itself.

The lot is spectacular (as most of your lots tend to be) pegasus. It captured my eyes, not simply because I am a Harry Potter fan, but moreso because it has style and is beautiful to behold. Personally, your backstory didn't take away from my attraction to the lot as I see the artwork for itself and the backstory as icing. I "see" the lot and imagine how I would use it. It's a beautiful creation.

Society likes boxes and freedom of expression when sharing one's creations is put into a linear space of "acceptable" or "unacceptable". Existing outside of the box is a thing of beauty to me and I feel you were moved in a different way when you shared this creation as it was meaningful for you to be inspired by the love that exists between Harry and Hermione.

In all honesty, your description is as it should be "for you" as it is an extension of your romantic soul and who you are as a person. Keep Simming, creating and sharing pegasus, as in doing so your creations (your expressions and inspirations) bring a bit more authentic beauty to our Sim hoods.

~*~Stephanie~*~

P.S. - pegasus There is a LOT of positive feedback here!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
Original Poster
#25 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 7:20 PM
Thanks StephSim! Your comment means a lot!

However, this was inspired by their love and the way I see it. But the thing is, why everyone got hooked on it? It's just a back story! I mean, there were lots by me and the other creators that had a lot of more creepier and stranger stories (like Camile's Mansion) and everyone got mad just because of the story that I have written!

To be honest, when you are downloading a house, the main thing are the pictures! It doesn't matter what's written in description! You are not downloading a mod, hack or sim so that you will need the description! Just a simple lot which you will use in your game!

And yes StephSim, whenever I build a lot, I am always inspired by something, and I'm trying to be unique (like every other creator), so what? I will always build a lot and describe it as I feel for it, and people who like it will download it no matter what

Page 1 of 4