Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Minimalistic Starter Apartment - Update

by meriel Posted 19th Aug 2010 at 3:42 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2010 at 12:01 PM by meriel : Lot package update

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Helptato
#2 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 6:01 PM
Oh wow, these apartments are great! Love them!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 6:29 PM
Gorgeous!
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Aug 2010 at 8:36 PM
This is AWESOME!

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"
~Dr. Suess
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 1:23 AM
this is so beautiful! thanks!

<Just a broken heart that the world forgot. </3>
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:28 AM
Well done
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 10:40 AM
Great apartments. Thank you!

I do have a tiny problem. When my Sim goes to take a shower, he can't access it. This would be one of the apartments on the first floor. When I went into build mode to take the shower out, I couldn't. There wasn't an option to do anything with the fence or gate.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 12:58 PM
My Friend, This is Stunning.

"Architecture is Music in its Solid form."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmokatz
Great apartments. Thank you!

I do have a tiny problem. When my Sim goes to take a shower, he can't access it. This would be one of the apartments on the first floor. When I went into build mode to take the shower out, I couldn't. There wasn't an option to do anything with the fence or gate.

I tried it out myself, and yes, my Sim couldn't take a shower either. The problem isn't the fence/gate though - I placed the gate in that way specifically for it to work. So the problem seems to be the shower.
I have two showers that look the same (they're by blake_boy btw ) and apparently I used the wrong one to be used within the fences (I always forget which one is which.) Get the right one here, it's "12) Blake's-Round-Shower.zip" in the download list (NOT the basegame one at the bottom): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=241044

You can remove the shower by using the "move_objects on" cheat.

I just discovered another problem too( .) I'll put it in a upload update now...

Thanks to everyone for all the lovely comments! :D
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 8:47 PM Last edited by gizmokatz : 20th Aug 2010 at 10:01 PM.
Thank you!

That was quick!

EDIT:

I put the new shower in and the Sim was able to walk into the shower. But, he still couldn't use it. There was something blocking him from spinning like a wall or something.
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 10:59 PM
LOve these apartments wish I could live in these! seriously! :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gizmokatz
Thank you!

That was quick!

EDIT:

I put the new shower in and the Sim was able to walk into the shower. But, he still couldn't use it. There was something blocking him from spinning like a wall or something.

No problem.

Hmm, that's weird. Are you sure you changed it into the new shower? (since they look the same it can be a bit confusing.) I tried it on both apartments on the lowest floor and it worked after that. The only time there seems to be a wall in the way or something is when the "wrong" shower is put there. Then it looks like this: (see attached screenshot)

Otherwise I don't know what the problem could be, so in that case you might have to put the shower outside the fences in the bathroom, or maybe move out, remove the fence, then move in again for it to work. :S
Screenshots
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:30 AM
I love this!! <3

Synchrogirl
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 1:05 PM
Maybe that was it. I swear I downloaded the right one. Not the base game one.

What I did was, moved the sim out, went back in and changed the zoning to residential and took it out. I turned around and replaced the shower with a bathtub. I did that for all the apartments. Then rezoned again to apartmentbase and the furniture went POOF! I sat here and went, OOPS! But I remembered where everything went. I also took out the colums.

Great apartments. And, I thank you for your help!
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 4:42 PM
As always wonderful apartment ! Thank you for your message
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Sep 2010 at 11:41 AM
You never fail to impress meriel.
Test Subject
#17 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 6:01 PM
amazing! thanks a lot. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th Oct 2010 at 8:42 AM
how can i download this? and the MIU? it dosent go onto my game. how am i supposed to get both of them onto my game? what software do i need to download this and do i have to buy it? thanks.
great by the way! i love it
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SmartCookie13
how can i download this? and the MIU? it dosent go onto my game. how am i supposed to get both of them onto my game? what software do i need to download this and do i have to buy it? thanks.
great by the way! i love it

you need to go into your download folder and install it
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Feb 2011 at 3:25 PM
Why does the furnish flash blue?
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 2:17 PM
I absolutely love this apartment. But I can't have any of my Sims live here because whenever the bills come in the mail, my Sim is fined over 32,000$ every time!? I don't like to play my families with cheats so it's physically impossible for my sim to make over 32,000$ per week! Any advice?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 8:32 PM
jkent0429 -
Woah, that's weird.
Is this with the furnitures that's already there or have you decorated it yourself? If so, you might've bought something that's very expensive..? Otherwise I don't know why it would cost over 32,000...
Does it say, when you move into the apartment, that the rent cost that much? (you know, in the information that comes up when you buy an apartment.)
And is this always the case, if you've tried with different families?

I just tested moving into the apartment with just buying a couple of furnitures, and for me the bill is only for about 180.
Again, weird.

As for any advice, well, maybe you can get one of those money trees? If you don't count that as cheat as well, that is. Either that or you sell a bunch of stuff (if that even makes any difference.) I can't think of anything else.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th May 2011 at 4:00 PM
Very nice! I love the layout!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 11:55 AM
Awesome Apartment
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 10:44 AM
Wow! Best Apartment I've seen! My Sims will love living here! Thank you!
Page 1 of 2