Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:11 PM
Can Sims 2 be more realistic?
I'm talking, how can we make the game more realistic?

Well... We can't re-design/add realistic things like; a more realistic birth, fights, doing laundry, etc.

But with mods, girls/women can have periods, teenage pregnancy, birth, and woohoo, miscarriages. ETC!

I wanna know, well, is their a mod I NEED for maximum realistic-ness!?

Thank you!
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:25 PM
That depends on how you define realism, doesn't it?

I think the way the game handles money is less realistic than its lack of teenage pregnancy, so I say you need Pescado's no20Khandouts plus a mod for higher bills, significantly higher service wages, and lower work bonuses. Plus a (non-existent) mod to disable cheats like maxmotives and kaching/motherload.
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 11:47 PM
If you're really bothered about realism then I wouldn't suggest playing a game that features a supernatural creature in every expansion :P
But I can't really think of anything except mangaroo's suggestions. Oh, apart from having realistic skintones/eyes/hair, 'normal' lots that you'd see in real life, maybe downloading age hacks so sim's lives last so a day = roughly a year?
But in terms of gameplay if you want realism then the money thing is an issue.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
If you're really bothered about realism then I wouldn't suggest playing a game that features a supernatural creature in every expansion :P
But I can't really think of anything except mangaroo's suggestions. Oh, apart from having realistic skintones/eyes/hair, 'normal' lots that you'd see in real life, maybe downloading age hacks so sim's lives last so a day = roughly a year?

I saw a hack that lasted 42 years for an adult! I personally think thats too long but what every you like people. The game is fine how it is but I did download some hacks for college, no20k, and higher bills - how sims are going to college? And Monique's computer has Banking and I am going to use it for college payments cause higher bills charge 500+ 20% on additional bills. http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/134

have fun

true love is sim love.

twitter - sequoiaaaa_
tumblr - thefavoritelove
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:13 AM
Sims 2 is about as realistic as I want it...I play to escape from the real world. I want it real to *some* extent, but not too much...I love the supernatural characters. Now and then I get a bug up my keister to make it more like the real world, but I can do that without any extra mods than I already have...I just don't use any money cheats (just cuz they're available doesn't mean we have to use them ) and make my sims do everything "the hard way" (no insimenator to summon people to make friends).

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pinimon162
Supernatural creatures didn't come in every expansion pack.
Seasons, UNI, and FT didn't.
(Well I think no playable ones.)
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 5:55 PM
I agree with stygia2002 Sims 2 is just as realistic as I want it. Okay, more common sense when it comes to walking and path finding but other then that it's cool. Sims 2 for me, like stygia2002 it is escape from the world. Most times I want my sims to have a better life then I do, other times I want to make their lives worse XD. I find myself really not playing when I am content with my life. However unlike stygia2002, I love to use type in cheats. If I do not use them I will kill my sims. I am the WORST non cheat player ever. Want to make a bet how long it takes me to kill my sim?

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yukkuri Shiteite ne

Seasons=Plantsims.
I like the game to be not exactly the same as real life.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 6:58 PM
University comes with zombies, right?

As for realism, there is a nursing hack somewhere out there. I used to have it on my old computer, it saved a LOT of time and mess since I didn't have to use bottles or have Sims go to the fridge to feed the baby.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rainbowsmoo
Seasons=Plantsims.
I like the game to be not exactly the same as real life.
I forgot about Plantsims. Maybe because I never make them? lol
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 8:41 PM
The nursing hack by Squinge is here.

And, since it normally takes ages, Chaavik's hack to shorten the time is here.

I have both of those in my game, but I'm so used to the bottles that I often forget to use it. It's much less messy, though.

Pescado's hacks are also terribly useful for encouraging realism. His smorgasbord is here.

Other than Pescado's anti-annoyance hacks, I can't think of any mods or hacks that are particularly important to realism. I can think of a ton that I could never live without, but there's too many of those to list.
Scholar
#12 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrowningFishy
I agree with stygia2002 Sims 2 is just as realistic as I want it. Okay, more common sense when it comes to walking and path finding but other then that it's cool. Sims 2 for me, like stygia2002 it is escape from the world. Most times I want my sims to have a better life then I do, other times I want to make their lives worse XD. I find myself really not playing when I am content with my life. However unlike stygia2002, I love to use type in cheats. If I do not use them I will kill my sims. I am the WORST non cheat player ever. Want to make a bet how long it takes me to kill my sim?

LOL...oooh I'm bad about using cheats too..just now and then I get this bug to play without them...doesn't last more than a couple of days though.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 10:44 PM
With Inteenimator and ACR installed, the game's pretty much as realistic as I want it. Although, I would like a mod in which you could choose if the father knew of a child's birth/accomplishments. It's not much of a big deal, but it's a bit annoying to have a Sim roll wants to talk to their child or whatever, where actually they've never even met the kid....
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 10:53 PM
Oh I love Squinge's breastfeeding mod, plus the enhancement! For one thing, as in real life, it creates that bond between mother and baby.

I just have a few hacks/mods to make it maybe a *little* more realistic, but as someone else said, it's supposed to be an escape from reality. So I just have a balance.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 11:26 PM
That would be a great challenge to set up..."Reality Sims". Where you use the cheat aging off, set a calendar for 12 months, then play 28 - 31 Sim days/per month. Reset the season for your lot every three months. Start on Jan 1, and then keep track of everything...like vacations...you could only have 1 - 4 weeks depending on your career status. Then you go on a trip (BV EP needed). Celebrate all holidays (depending on your beliefs or the ones you have instituted in Sim City) (Celebration SP needed). Plan a wedding, throw a house party as a "birthday party" for everyone in the house, stuff like that. Practice safe woohoo, but if you have "9 months" to spare, then have your sim pregnant for that amount of time. And one week out of every month, then you don't woohoo at all, because...well...you know what I mean.

Some of my Sims don't work (they have careers that I have made for them in my stories). I pay them with money cheats. They could get aid once every 7 days or they could get paid 1 - 2 times/month. Pay the bills according to the game, but use a cheat (if you wanted to) to make the bills higher. Set New Year's resolutions and see if your Sims can attain them; lose weight, have a baby, get promoted, save up for a new house or a car, or something, (Just don't move them out in the year, because your clock will start over. Make it a goal and if they achieve it, move them out 13th month, day one.)

And add in as many hacks as your system will allow or that you feel comfortable with to help create the 'reality'. Breastfeeding, death, etc. Just a thought.

http://lifedownloaded.shutterfly.com
Theorist
#16 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 1:23 AM
Realism was clearly meant to be out of the Sims games. They are abstract, and so would be the question of how to implement them. I'm talking about politics ( right vs left ), economy and banking which was mentioned in another topic, religion, interest groups such as PETA and organizations such as ELF, minor bigotry such as distaste of music preference. It depends on what you mean by more realism.
Instructor
#17 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 6:36 AM
Default Sarcastic suggestion...
"Realism" when applied to any video game or simulation (pun intended) will result in failure. If you want the "real" experience, fashion a green lucite plumb-bob that you can attach to your head, and put a webcam inside it, then walk around your neighborhood. PRESTO! The Sims 4!
Instructor
#18 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 7:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kneon_Knight
"Realism" when applied to any video game or simulation (pun intended) will result in failure. If you want the "real" experience, fashion a green lucite plumb-bob that you can attach to your head, and put a webcam inside it, then walk around your neighborhood. PRESTO! The Sims 4!

-looks above head at green plumb-bob of awesomesauce-

.. wait. You're telling me I'm NOT a sim?

-aspiration goes to red-
-visit from Pervy Von Pervypants-
-cradles flour baby-

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kneon_Knight

A) Not true...I'm pretty sure realism is of the utmost importance to simulations like, oh say, space flight simulators.
B) Snarky
C) Not helpful to the OP.
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zooba007

A) Not true...I'm pretty sure realism is of the utmost importance to simulations like, oh say, space flight simulators.
B) Snarky

A to Z) No sense of humour. A relative of Grant Rodiek, perhaps?
Instructor
#21 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 11:14 AM
Default Lighten up, jeez.....
Quote: Originally posted by zooba007

B) Snarky

A) Have you seen the wireframe, boxy graphics they use on those things?
B) That's your opinion, okay.
C) And your post is helpful because...?

Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 5:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yukkuri Shiteite ne

Seasons= Plantsims
Uni= Zombies
FT= Servos

"So you're telling me that my fiancee kissed you?"
"Yes."
"And did you kiss her back?"
"No, that's ridiculous! I kissed her mouth."
Instructor
#23 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 7:01 AM
Default Ruminations
Having thought about this for a couple of days, I don't think it's a question of what you should do, but a rather what you shouldn't do in order to achieve a maximum level of realism in the game.

For instance:

No alien abductions
No teleporting
No visits to Bigfoot
No witches
No ghosts
No supernaturals at all, in fact
No money cheats
No Aspiration or career rewards that violate the laws of physics or biology...

As you can see from my (by all means incomplete) list, adding realism by taking out the fantasy elements will eliminate a lot of the game itself. The sims was always intended as a tongue-in-cheek, escapist form of entertainment, and by removing or not using those things that are definitely "unreal", a lot of flavor is lost.
Scholar
#24 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 4:26 PM
When it comes to the whole "realism" thing, I have to respectfully disagree with: No alien abductions, bigfoot, ghosts and witches...just watch the discovery channel and you'll find people who've seen bigfoot and ghosts and who swear they've been abducted by aliens. I've never seen bigfoot or aliens, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. And, while real life witches are nothing like the ones in the Sims, we do exist...we don't wear pointy hats and run around casting pointless spells...and no weird colored skin...we look like normal sims. However, I totally have to agree with No teleporting, no money cheats or rewards that violate the laws of physics and biology. The witch outfit does get on my nerves though...that's why I have the replacement skins and as soon as a sim becomes a witch, I ditch the cheesy get-up and save it for Halloween.

But really, the sense of cheesy fantasy that is characteristic of The Sims is what makes it fun, at least for me. But it's also fun to get on the boards and see what all of you like to do with your neighborhoods...and get some cool ideas while I'm at it.

Field Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Sep 2010 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I say you need Pescado's no20Khandouts plus a mod for higher bills, significantly higher service wages, and lower work bonuses.

I think imma need this one...well..could you please give me the link to the mod for higher bills?.....I browsed for the mod but its giving me mod for TS3,I have TS3 but I am not playing it..I am sticking to TS2..so please someone help me get this mod

http://www.kathflores.com
"Every color has its definition and that is what ART is...Defining who you are"
Page 1 of 2