Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 6:25 AM
Default What premade Sims do you hate?
On the top of my list, Jessica Peterson (Belladonna Cove). She cheated on her husband and left because she didn't want to be burdened with a child. That rubs me the wrong way.

For that she gets to be my test subject...like what happens when you honk off Bigfoot....LOL

I also can't stand the Beakers (Strangetown). Couple of nasties.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 7:51 AM
It's Sullivan Vijayaker. This person is a real popcollar with an orange afro. With no job and no diploma how is he going to satisfy his fortune aspiration? And he wants to climb a mountain. Perhaps he means to climb a mountain metaphorically, such as getting a C in simlish as a second language or climbing over the sofa to accept the pizza delivery. Unfortunately, he comes to my sim's club all the time to deliver misery to my employees and mouthbreath bad mojo to the other clubbers. And he will hog the jacuzzi and also invite his good friend, Amin Sims, who prefers to disrobe and expose his figs to the world with his legs wide open, like Lindsey Lohan stepping out of a limo. The worst thing about Sullivan Vijyaker is that he won't leave. My business owner can get into his tent and sleep a full rest, only to step out and eat breakfast right across from you know who, wallowing in the tub. Sullivan is not afraid of violence, and can take whatever abuse short of death is piled onto him, for he will stay as long as he wants to stay in spite of punishment. So in conclusion, Sullivan Vijayaker is a fat, fatuous jerk who can't take a hint.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:29 AM
I pretty much exclusively play Strangetown, so my answers'll be limited to that XD

I hate the premade townie Gerard Landry. He just annoyed me. He'd show up at the welcome wagon of practically every female knowledge sim in town -- even the married ones -- with hope in his beady little eyes and proceed to be boring at them until I had them tell him to leave. Family sim/Knowledge sim pairs rock... but not when the Family sim component is this guy.

I also hate premade townie Holly Andersen. She wasn't so bad until she started aggressively flirting with some of the married sims and doing the angry teapot shoulder poke at their wives. She was relentless, and it made community lots a real pain for certain characters.

Incidentally, those two are now part of Olive's garden. It was a fair trade: I got a game free of those two and Olive got to see her beloved babydaddy again :3
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:34 AM
Default I can haz shorter list plz?
Wow. I hate soooo many of them.

First off, the Calliente sisters. Gold digging little tramps, the both of them. And neither one is particularly attractive, inless you like the Easter Island look.

The paper delivery boy/girl, regardless of name. I have been staging a running battle with that little punk for years.

ALL of the hobby enthusiasts. The very second you show the slightest interest in their particular pastime, they start dunning you to subscribe to their magazines. And if you develop an actual liking for their area of expertise, they feel it necessary to invade your home at any time of day or night to invite you to hang out with Sims you could have otherwise avoided.

The Kim family. I really don't know why, but they just annoy the hell out of me.

Goopy Gilscarbo. I know it's the name of one of the dev team, but still, Goopy? I wouldn't let someone named Goopy to walk by my house, much less invite him in. He just sounds unsanitary. I expect to see a trail of slimy gunk wherever he goes. And that face...was his father a bullfrog?

The University Mascots. ADHD at it's most annoying. Don't those attention seeking twerps have anything better to do than annoy Sims who are trying to get an education? Kill them with fire, I say.

Mortimer Goth. It's not so much that I hate him, it's just that he's a bit...creepy. Who the heck buries their parents in the backyard? That's what you do with hamsters and goldfish, not some of the wealthiest and most respected Sims in town. And why is he so enamored of that money hungry Calliente tramp? Surely, being as brainy as he supposedly is, he can figure out her motives.

I'm sure I'll think of more, but that's my starter list.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:40 AM Last edited by Simonut : 3rd Sep 2010 at 10:15 AM.
The top of my list is Consort Capp in Veronaville this old man not only have a top job career in business. Live in a pretty good size house he also get pick up for work in a limousine, good funds in his pocket, yet he walk around in the neighborhood and steal other sims newpaper and then run off.

In Pleasantview I never really like Dina she is a straight up gold digger just wanted old Goth for his money only. So I did her a big favor I made a sims just for her that is so "Ugly" I mean ugly, and broke. And I did the same thing with her sister Nina made another ugly sims who is the brother of the ugly sims that is with Dina move them all into their own little cheap homes and furnitures.

I keep the brothers on a low salary job and I put both Dina and Nina to work and keep their skills level low so they can make very little money. That my pay back to them for being selfish gold diggers.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 10:46 AM
Default Misers in general.
How do you think he acquired all that money? That's right, by not buying newspapers.

All the NPCs in my game seem to have that annoying habit. But being NPCs, they don't have houses, so they have no place for the little demon that delivers them to put them. Still, they have money to go to community lots and scarf down copious amounts of food and drink, so I dunno...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is wise to the Calliente sisters' little game at any rate.
Theorist
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 11:07 AM
Consort Capp is a Scorpio, so his disposition is bound to asshattery. He is also a neat freak, so if you want to torment him then make a mess by any means necessary. I don't think he'd appreciate it if you beat him at chess, he is very good at it. I think he also hates anything supernatural or paranormal, so seeing a werewolf or other supernatural might ruin his week. He also has one foot in the grave.

You should know that Dina Caliente doesn't care about work or the environment. She has to be a gold digger because she is allergic to jobs. She cares most about fashion and littering ( as in contributing to it as a problem ). She would most hate for someone to nag her about work, otherwise her lack of it. She is also on the verge of being fat, so corpus corporeous could hasten the inevitable.

Gerard Landry is a real loser because he has no interests at all. So when he opens his mouth over anything you should know that he has no authority on anything. He must have never read a book in his life. Truly, he can look at a rock and only wish to be as interesting and captivating as it. Someone needs to deliver him some magazines asap.

Fyi, Goopy Gilscarbo really is a lazy slob. He tries to make up for it by being nice and outgoing.
Inventor
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 11:45 AM Last edited by jodemilo : 3rd Sep 2010 at 3:47 PM. Reason: "psycho", not "pycho". What the hell is a pycho anyway? A type of tart?
I never played any of the pre-mades so can't vouch for their "hate" appeal. But some of the townies get on my nerves, even the apparently nice ones. Elizabeth Love, for example - who goes round wearing cut-off trousers and that stupid sunhat - turned up on many outings and got off with several of my playables. In the end I just exploited her as woohoo fodder to get some of my romance sim's 20 woohoo aspirations fulfilled. But then when she kept pestering one of my sims to go on an outing, calling every day even though their relationship score was maxxed, I decided Elizabeth served her purpose and had to go. So the hitman cornered her one day and now she resides in my local graveyard.

I also can't stand Abhijeet Deppiesse, another romance sim. Eventually I killed him off too, I got fed up seeing him trying to butter up my female sims plus he was really lazy and got a belly on him from doing nothing but leching women (I have the fitness4all hack).

Who else? Benjamin Long (any man who wears short trousers making them look like an Austrian yodeller or Morris dancer definitely needs to go), a couple of stroppy young adults who frequent my stores but never buy anything and just complain, and a few others. I also have a particular dislike for those male sims who go round wearing scottish kilts - wth? (I think Brandon Lillard is one of them).

I don't like the Caliente sisters much either, especially Nina. In the end I devised a storyline where she became my hood's psycho serial killer, a bit like that Movie "Monster" with Charlize Theron.
Theorist
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 11:58 AM
What was that you once said about your hitman? That you fill their inventory with the tombstones and urns of their victims. Is this wise? It could destroy everything you've worked for.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 12:11 PM
I'll include townies in this too. What premade/townies do you hate? LOL
Instructor
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 12:58 PM
Default Omg!lololol
Jo! You used that poor woman for your Sims' carnal pleasures and then disposed of her like like an old pair of sneakers!

You are so AWESOME! I happen to know the Sim you are referring to, and her name never is the same in any of my neighborhoods, but she is an absolute nuisance! My goodness, how needy can one pile of pixels get?

My Sims all seem to have pressing business elsewhere whenever she appears, now that I have had a thorough sampling of her personality.
Instructor
#12 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 1:28 PM
The Dreamer's. I just find them boring, no matter how I play them. Probably because I couldn't care less what happens to them. And pretty much all of the families that were in Desiderata Valley, I just found their backstories a bit shallow and..blah. I just couldn't get into playing any of them really.
Inventor
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
What was that you once said about your hitman? That you fill their inventory with the tombstones and urns of their victims. Is this wise? It could destroy everything you've worked for.

Err.. really? I only thought it was a "vbt" if you give tombstones/urns as gifts or deleted them. The way I do it is have the hitman kill the poor idiot victim, then pick up the urn/tombstone and put it in their inventory. Then when I'm playing the graveyard owned by another sim, I teleport in Ronnie Smith (my hitman) and he places the object on the ground. So far nothing untoward has happened.

Quote: Originally posted by Kneon_Knight
Jo! You used that poor woman for your Sims' carnal pleasures and then disposed of her like like an old pair of sneakers! I happen to know the Sim you are referring to, and her name never is the same in any of my neighborhoods, but she is an absolute nuisance! My goodness, how needy can one pile of pixels get?

Glad it's not just me who found her a pain in the neck. I've never honestly killed a sim for being too "nice", but she really was needy, as you say K_K (and I was trying to control my hood population by getting rid of townies, so picked the ones who really got my goat).

Another one who is probably the most boring sim ever is Joe Carr. He's friends with my original legacy couple (only to keep their friend count high) and sometimes gets invited over to play cards/pool. He has no conversation whatsoever and actually I'm sure he's just eyeing my couple's expensive stuff (he's on the criminal career track in my game). And that quiff! That's so 80's rockabilly!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 4:11 PM
I have only 2: Jared Starchild and Guy Wrightly. I don't know why, but I CAN"T STAND THEM!!!!!!!!

On the other hand....SWINGE!
Test Subject
#15 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 7:58 PM
My list is so long I could go on for days, but I'll narrow it down to my top five.

1) Goopy! - I hate that guy! As soon as I restart a neighborhood I put a hit out on him. I have a mobster family so I work him into the story line as a deadbeat that owes the family too much money so they "send a message!"

2) The Butler - These guys are as useless as a screen door on a submarine. They try to fire the servants that actually DO work, they cook up everything in the fridge in one day, and they're expensive!

3) Phil Jitmokowski (or whatever his name is) - Another townie that gets the "Goopy Treatment!" Seems like every time I'm not looking he's trying to put the moves on one of my female sims, usually a married one!

4) The Evil Cow Mascot - (albeit they are pretty handy as dorm slaves!) As soon as one of these sociopathic rejects steps on the lot my sim with the most influence points has them writing papers, cleaning, cooking, or whatever else until they get the point and leave.

5) The School Headmaster - I know how to wine and dine the guy to get the kids into private school every time, but lets face it, he's a snooty jerk that thinks too highly of himself and his organization. He almost got fed to a cowplant many times in my game!

I know these are all NPC's or service sims, but I don't play with the premade families much. I have plenty of my own to keep me busy!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
I also can't stand Abhijeet Deppiesse, another romance sim. Eventually I killed him off too, I got fed up seeing him trying to butter up my female sims plus he was really lazy and got a belly on him from doing nothing but leching women (I have the fitness4all hack).
I don't like the Caliente sisters much either, especially Nina. In the end I devised a storyline where she became my hood's psycho serial killer, a bit like that Movie "Monster" with Charlize Theron.

Oh no "Jodemilo" not Abhijeet Deppiesse when I first started playing the sims (knowing little ) he was the first sims that walk pass the house of my very first female sim I ever made. He turn out to be a good husband and they had four very nice looking Children. At times he would try to flirt with other sims, but nothing became of it. Until this day he is still in my game, I had to make my first female over again because of uninstalling the game, but this time around they have two kids they make beautiful children together her name is April a red head. Abhijeet is really the only townie I have place in a household that I play.

I don't care what anyone do with those gold digger Caliente sisters. Never care for them.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#17 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
On the top of my list, Jessica Peterson (Belladonna Cove). She cheated on her husband and left because she didn't want to be burdened with a child. That rubs me the wrong way.

For that she gets to be my test subject...like what happens when you honk off Bigfoot....LOL

Awww, Jessica actually turned out to be one of favorites. When I first read her bio for Belladona Cove, it seemed a tad like she was set up to be a hated character to me.

I played her when I didn't feel like playing any of my families and I took a shine to her pretty quickly: she wants to be badass and is fit enough to back it up and she wants money and is willing to work for it. She's aslo actaully a very smart sim, when I played her she gained rather a lot of skill points through her daily activities.

Also if you look at her memories and personality the stuff her in bio doesn't quite fit. She's a fortune sim, but she didn't marry Armand for the money as implied by her bio. That put her in a bit of a better light, but what made her more interesting and also made her behavior make more sense was her turns on:jewelry and make-up; either Jessica likes rockers or she's a lesbian.

So I looked at her bio another way after that. She loved Arman and married him thinking it would be a okay. After they'd been married for a while realized that it was a mistake and left him not because he wanted kids, but more because she had to accept that she preferred women. Arman was hurt, but she's hardly the villian her bio implies.

IMHO leaving a man under those circumstances is a brave thing to do, a lot of people make the mistake of having a child which is far worse. The child suffers tremendously when they have a parent that doesn't want to be a parent.
Inventor
#18 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 9:25 PM
I usually find myself hating the townies and NPCs as well. Most of the maids are kind of annoying to me, except Kaylynn, and that's only because Maxis actually attempted to give her a story and background (with the whole Pleasent affair thing). Actually, I don't quite get why they didn't just make the NPCs be more of the townies, and therefore have more interactions (it would have cut down on the character files if nothing else), and allowing more "room" in the hoods by recycling some characters.

The townies that tend to get me are Benjamin Long (he's just really annoying), Ivy Couper, and Meadow Thayer. Ivy Couper is mostly because she shows up absolutely everywhere, and is friendly enough to interact with anyone, so it kind of clogs up my sim's relationship panel, which annoys me, since I usually try and have my sims avoid townies and socialize with actual playables.

Meadow is because she also seems to show up everywhere, and because she now creeps me out slightly. In one hood, I snagged her on a walk-by and aged her up so that she could have a relationship and child with a romance sim. I didn't bother looking at her wants until after she had had the kid, and, when I did, I finally noticed that she had apparently not aged up properly, and kept rolling teen wants, even after I tried fixing her. The whole woman-child thing ended up creeping me out so badly that I offed her in that hood, and she has unnerved me ever since.

Actually, I don't tend to trust the townies anymore anyway, after having buildt a playground in several different hoods in several different games, all with the same result. Not only do the adults seem waaay to interested in the place in general, but I often build a little "playhouse" for the kids (with things like a toybox, high chair with a doll or toy sitting in it, and a table and toy oven, so the kids that are so inclined can play "house"), and somehow, that little house always seems to attract a lot of attention, especially from adult male sims, who like to go in there and look around expectantly with a creepy sort of smile on their face. I know it sounds like I might be reading too much into it, but it really does come across as very pedo-bear-ish. I'm watching you, you twisted little bunch of pixels!
Scholar
#19 Old 3rd Sep 2010 at 10:25 PM
In general, I find most of the pre-made sims really annoying...can't say I really *hate* any...except maybe the Caliente golddiggers...errr, I mean, sisters.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#20 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 12:01 AM
Oh God, I hate so many of them! Goopy Gilscarbo is seriously the worst; in one neighborhood, I used my black widow (I started the challenge purely to eradicate ugly townies) to kill him. Then I made another black widow in another neighborhood, and killed him with her again. And then I did the same in another 'hood. No more Goopys in the three premade neighborhoods!

I also hate the Caliente sisters because they're boring... I wouldn't mind playing gold-diggers if they were interesting gold-diggers. I don't like Ben Long because he's creepy and I don't like Marisa Bendett because she's creepier. I hate Kaylynn the maid... I might like her if she were better-looking. It looks like someone chiseled out parts of her face, not to mention she's not even a Romance sim. She's a FAMILY sim, and she's wrecking FAMILIES?! What's wrong with her?!?!

I hate Brandon Lilliard and Amin Sims... they both stalked my favorite female sim until she died. I don't like the Beakers, and I hate the entire family of Capp AND the entire family of Monty. No real reason there. They just annoy me. There are plenty more, but none I can think of right now.

"So you're telling me that my fiancee kissed you?"
"Yes."
"And did you kiss her back?"
"No, that's ridiculous! I kissed her mouth."
Test Subject
#21 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 3:15 AM
Kennedy Cox. Jerkweed. >:(
Mad Poster
#22 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonleopard88
I hate Kaylynn the maid... I might like her if she were better-looking. It looks like someone chiseled out parts of her face, not to mention she's not even a Romance sim. She's a FAMILY sim, and she's wrecking FAMILIES?! What's wrong with her?!?!

I guess that Family sims just want their own family and don't care about other people's! :-D

I can't think of any sims that I don't like really! They all have something to offer, if only as a family friend to help my simmies get promoted! :-)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 7:13 PM
I hate but love the cow mascots. And yes, they do make good dorm slaves, especially if I have rather sloppy Sims! (Neat Sims get Fun from cleaning, so no biggie cleaning up the cows' mess.)

I just have to watch the action queues whenever they're around.

As far as Kaylynn...in Pleasantview I kind of turn the tables a bit and have Daniel WooHoo with Mary-Sue while Kaylynn's still around....

Hilarity ensues!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 7:47 PM
That almost makes me wish I hadn't deleted the entire Pleasant family!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears

As far as Kaylynn...in Pleasantview I kind of turn the tables a bit and have Daniel WooHoo with Mary-Sue while Kaylynn's still around....

Hilarity ensues!

I haven't played Pleasantview in a while. I tend to prefer taking the pre-made teen and college sims putting them through uni and playing their stories out. But I am so going to have to try this sometime. Usually when I am in Pleasantview, I encourage the Daniel/Kaylynn affair as Mary-Sue annoys me.
Page 1 of 9