Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:22 PM
Default Doppelganger Mini-Challenge.
Hi, simmers. Just thought I'd contribute a challenge.

SETTINGS:
This is probably the only time Story Progression will come in handy. So turn it on.

The Doppelganger Challenge doesn't take long, but the nature of the challenge probably requires a life span of 'normal' or higher.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Create a new savegame and make a single young adult sim in CAS. You can roll traits if you want.

2. Place a copy in the neighborhood. Don't play just yet.

3. Instead, place another copy of the same sim on the other side of the neighborhood. Hence, the doppelganger part of the title.

4. Play the first copy for three sim-days.

5. Go to 'Edit Town' and change the active household to the other copy. Story progression may have made some... additions to the family.

6. Play the copy for three sim-days and then switch back to the other. The game will soon have your sims in crazy situations only Story Progression could come up with.

No point system, because people tend to not use them. I may draft one later, though.

CHEATS:
Building cheats allowed, but not money cheats.

Before you protest, you ARE allowed to boost and lock motives using 'testingcheatsenabled true'. This means you don't have to expend simoleons on fridges, tubs or toilets, making housing affordable without money cheats.

And in case you were wondering, this is my first post on MTS. Have a good one, simmers!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 7:11 PM
Welcome! This could be interesting
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 9:45 PM
Okay, so I've just started this challenge about and hour ago, and I'm about to switch to my Sim's doppelgänger. It's pretty fun so far.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:18 PM
Yay! I'm glad you guys like it.
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 4:11 AM Last edited by nadzicle : 13th Nov 2010 at 11:15 PM.
Ooh. Okay, I shouldn't have clicked the Challenges section, because now I want to try them. Lol.
I shall have to attempt this one. ^^
I'll screenshot some of it, so you can see what they're like.

UPDATE: ...My doppelganger went and fell pregnant to some ugly guy. =O I changed the three to five days. IT TOOK HER FIVE DAYS TO GET PREGNANT! Skaaaank. Hahaha.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 3:45 PM
Interesting. I hope I will be able to try it.
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 12:28 AM
I reeeally wanna try this one!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 6:53 PM
I decided to try this out with my newest character and woops, played five days! But yep, I swapped over and... -facepalm- First thing I saw when I switched over is that he's got a son named Benny that I'm guessing he adopted. How the hell did this happen without a crib or anything? Why?!

Wow. This is crazy. Kind of awesome, though.
Instructor
#10 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 12:58 AM
Oh i think i'll try this :*

I need a cigarette
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 5:28 AM
I don't Understand this challenge could you specifically explain it to me (Newbie of your challenge) so then i'll try it too!!

"Keep Calm and Play with STYLE"
#My Avatar: Nick Johnson
Download Policy
MrDensilter tumblr account.
Hitman Legacy Challenge
Hitman Challenge MTS
The Green House Challenge
#13 Old 21st Aug 2014 at 7:24 PM
ive started this but lost the save since i restarted my game after a horrible glitch :l
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:08 PM
Okay, so, I just did my third change over, and I found that my ganger graduated from University!!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:46 AM
This happened to my sim by accident once. Story progression decided to place a younger version of my sim in the same town. Long story short she ended up dating herself !
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 12:00 AM
I am looking for challenges and am wondering of this has a Sims 4 version? I plan on either creating new or updating old versions with Sims 4 rules.
Would love to borrow a few ideas if that is okay.
Thank you in advance
_ @EuphorialQueen
Test Subject
#17 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Euphorialqueen
I am looking for challenges and am wondering of this has a Sims 4 version? I plan on either creating new or updating old versions with Sims 4 rules.
Would love to borrow a few ideas if that is okay.
Thank you in advance
_ @EuphorialQueen

I'm not OP but I figured I would throw in my two cents because hey why not. Anyway, since Sims 4 doesn't have story progression, I don't think this challenge would be possible without the use of mods.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 11:38 PM
Hilarious! Love it!
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Nov 2017 at 4:56 AM
Is the EA story progression good enough for this? Or should I use the Nraas story progression mod?

Anyway, I'm thinking of incorporating this into my Into The Future challenge. I need a reason for the future to be messed up, and an evil doppleganger should be a good one.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 9:14 PM
I'm starting this challenge with berry sims :D