Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*UPDATED TO PATCH 1.38 & Supernatural* Pregnant Sims Can Use HotTubs!

by Mimi52861 Posted 11th Nov 2010 at 4:15 AM - Updated 17th Sep 2012 at 5:18 AM by Mimi52861 : Clarification on Posts in this thread.

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 5:58 AM
Yay, more freedom for pregnant sims!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 7:03 AM
Nice mod but I won't be downloading it. Mostly because I like my close to real life. Can't have the baby being cooked in hot tub, lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfgurl685
Nice mod but I won't be downloading it. Mostly because I like my close to real life. Can't have the baby being cooked in hot tub, lol.

LOL! That's just silly because in real life, you can't cook a baby simply by a pregnant woman sitting in a hot tub of water.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:54 PM
No, you can't cook 'em, but pregnant women are generally advised not to use hot tubs much, or to take long hot baths.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 1:01 PM
True enough HP. But in the game prego sims CAN take bathtub baths, even bubble baths, (which in real life isn't recommended either). So, IMO they should be able to get in hottubs too.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 1:03 PM
Oh, I agree - I mean, sims are hollow, it's not like there's actually a baby in their belly at all, just air. The game doesn't have to be just like real life.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 1:06 PM
LOL! Just air in their bellies! I like that HP! You're too funny! :D

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 9:24 PM
Since the game doesn't have a naked, pregnant morph, I don't think having them skinny dip would be a good idea. Unless everyone uses CMar's added naked, pregnant morph mod.

Thanks for sharing.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 9:51 PM
Thanks! It wasn't a huge issue for me, just one of those little things that I learned to accept. XD
Scholar
#11 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Since the game doesn't have a naked, pregnant morph, I don't think having them skinny dip would be a good idea. Unless everyone uses CMar's added naked, pregnant morph mod.

Well, as there is already the pregnant morph fix, I think making them naked shouldn't be an issue. A bigger problem is probably the towel outfit, sims get when their clothes have been stolen. I would guess EA didn't created a pregnant morph for it and I don't think there is a fixed version anywhere. Additionally, it's probably not enabled for pregnancy anyway.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 10:41 PM
Oh, I haven't got the chance to see what happens when the sims clothes are stolen, so I didn't know about the towels. Yeah, another reason for pregnant sims not skinny dipping.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 12:28 AM
Haha I thought this was too funny! Cooking that air baby in the tub....
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 2:07 AM
Ok, cooked is the wrong word. True the sims aren't real but some like to play close to life. Anyway this the reason why pregnant women shouldn't use hot tubs in real life:

For the most part, pregnant women should avoid hot tubs throughout their pregnancy. The heat from the water (even if it is lower than what is recommended) can potentially harm the fetus. This can ultimately lead to birth defects or possibly even miscarriage. Should the female decide to go against recommendations and enter a hot tub regardless, the temperature of the water should not be greater then 100-degrees Fahrenheit and she should limit her exposure to 15 minutes or less.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 12th Nov 2010 at 9:44 PM.
Thank you Wolfgurl for the prenatal lesson, now please refrain from discussing it any further in my thread.

If you or anyone else want to "play close to life" and not have your prego sims in hot tubs, then just don't use this mod & move on. Simple isn't it?

This game is HIGHLY NOT LIKE REAL LIFE! With things included by EA such as: mummy's attacking, robot best friends, frankenstein monsters, ghosts making ghosts babies, time travel & vampires (just to name a few), it's very much UNREAL. But we love to play it so there you are. I like to add a bit of realism in my game sometimes too. There are as many different ways to play the game as there are sims to be created in CAS.

Let's just table this discussion on what is recommended or not for real, live pregnant women & enjoy our games! :D

Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 10:10 PM
I was going to ask if we can make it feel relaxing like after they come from the spa or get a massage. But I see here that hot tubs are not recommended for the preggers. It would be nice if the hot tub did that anyway, it's not just good for bubbles and whoohooing ya know.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 12:02 AM
Funny you uploaded this mod I had this idea and was going to incorporate teens being able to skinny dip, etc. but the mod wouldn't work as you stated. I think it's hardcoded into the game :P
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 1:31 AM
AyumiKoshiro, sims do get special positive moodlets from using the hot tubs. And since these are sims and not real women, there is no harm or adverse effects on the pregnant sim or the "baby" they carry, by using hot tubs in game. So, if you're inclined, use the mod & let your prego sims be free to enjoy hot tubs!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 1:19 PM
100 degrees Fahrenheit? That's not hot at all, that's barely warm ...

Oh, well. Since there's no risk of birth defects or miscarriages with the Sims, I think I'm going to go ahead and enjoy this mod. I haven't had a Sim pregnant with LN yet, but when I do, I'm thinking that a nice, long soak in the hot tub will be just the thing to quash those negative "sore" moodlets. Not to mention all the positive moodlets you get. I'll be just that much closer to choosing the baby's traits. Besides, a good soak in the hot tub makes more sense than taking the expectant mother to a day spa, in my opinion.
Test Subject
#20 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 1:40 PM
All that rant about realism is moot. How do you know everyone plays as a human sim? I have you know my species can soak in a hot tub just fine when their pregnant! Thanks for the download. It works great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 10:40 PM
I was just joking. I appreciate the mod and I thought a relaxing moodlet would be better than a yey bubbles one.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfgurl685
Ok, cooked is the wrong word. True the sims aren't real but some like to play close to life. Anyway this the reason why pregnant women shouldn't use hot tubs in real life:

For the most part, pregnant women should avoid hot tubs throughout their pregnancy. The heat from the water (even if it is lower than what is recommended) can potentially harm the fetus. This can ultimately lead to birth defects or possibly even miscarriage. Should the female decide to go against recommendations and enter a hot tub regardless, the temperature of the water should not be greater then 100-degrees Fahrenheit and she should limit her exposure to 15 minutes or less.

Actually the main problem is bacteria. Pregnant women should shower so there whouldn't be water going inside and out. For the same reason water sports sould be carefully considered during pregnacy. Infections could, in some cases cause risk of miscarriage.

Still for sims it is a very good mod.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 9:41 PM
Thank you, but please, no more talk of real pregnant women & why they should or shouldn't, do this or that.

Remember Folks: This is a mod that changes sim behavior in the sims game. It's not a discussion board on REAL HUMAN PREGNANT WOMEN. If you want to discuss them, take it somewhere else. Do not high jack my mod thread for that.

Please keep posts ON TOPIC and about this mod & the Sims Game Only. ALL OTHER DISCUSSIONS BELONG ELSEWHERE. Thank you.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 3:17 PM
Thank you so much! Now my pregnant simmies won't be so left out. XD Besides, I'd love for my pregnant sims to get rid of the stupid 'sore' moodlets. D:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 2:50 PM
LOL, good lord a mod AND some pregnancy tips. Thankyou
Page 1 of 2