Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for November - posted on 1st Dec 2017 at 10:00 AM
Replies: 175 (Who?), Viewed: 94987 times.
Page 3 of 8
Test Subject
#51 Old 28th Apr 2011 at 10:35 PM
Hi there, I've created a masterpiece, but there is a problem I didn't see addressed. Do i have to make every room in the apartment npc? when I go into the area the only thing dark is the main area, the bathroom and bedrooms are still fully visible.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 29th Apr 2011 at 5:26 AM
Default Sim family can't enter their apartment
I built an old fashioned courtyard style grouping of apartment homes. No problems making one of them NPC, but my main family can't enter their home or any of the non-NPC homes, for that matter. They just stomp their feet and show they can't enter. Ideas? The exterior has a public area marker and I've installed a call box and mail box.



Test Subject
#53 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 1:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
Alizatina - Your issues are not related to the apartment, but seem to be a game problem. If you continue to have issues please post in Help.

Heaven - I noticed your lot has been uploaded so the issue is resolved? This sounds like a bug and not related to apartments and probably should be in Help. I think Twallans overwatch would fix the NPC spawning issue.

Anners04 - Please provide a top down pic with walls up. But in the meantime verify that you have public markers in public areas, and no markers in your sims private areas.

Firefighter - Yes you build custom buildings, this tutorial has nothing to do with using the shells provided by EA. I don't recall saying anything about a twelfth floor in the tutorial. There is a five floor limit with normal building, but there is a tutorial (link above) for going over that with cheats.




Here's the picture of the house with walls up. The black ball left to the main entrance is a public room marker, same with the one behind the elevator.
There are no public markers within my sim's private areas, i have no idea with what's wrong. I feel like it's probably a minor detail that i'm missing haha.
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 2:11 AM
clickchick - Try moving the door over, making sure there are no ceiling lights inside/outside, and make sure the whole area is flat. If one part of the foundation is higher by a bit it could prevent sims from using the door. There was a post in help ages ago with the same issue, but I think they just ended up rebuilding. So try the door in another spot.

Anners - I see a staircase on the bottom right, but where does it go? Are the areas at the top/bottom of the staircase part of the apartment? And are they enclosed? I can't tell from the pic what that area is.
Test Subject
#55 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 3:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
clickchick - Try moving the door over, making sure there are no ceiling lights inside/outside, and make sure the whole area is flat. If one part of the foundation is higher by a bit it could prevent sims from using the door. There was a post in help ages ago with the same issue, but I think they just ended up rebuilding. So try the door in another spot.

Anners - I see a staircase on the bottom right, but where does it go? Are the areas at the top/bottom of the staircase part of the apartment? And are they enclosed? I can't tell from the pic what that area is.


That staircase goes to an enclosed area, a studio actually. It's all enclosed and the only door that goes outside is facing an enclosed balcony.
Test Subject
#56 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 4:31 AM
Oh and I have noticed that a NPC Firewoman appears at the door of my house and disappears as she "enters", like it was her home. She also appears in the callbox.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
1st May 2011 at 3:25 AM
Default Can't asign NPC door?
This message has been deleted by dreamcatcher2009. Reason: Wrong pics
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#57 Old 1st May 2011 at 4:22 AM
Anners - it sounds like your apt is open somewhere that connects to a hidden room or maybe a public room.

dreamcatcher - The doors for NPC apts must be enclosed, and looking at your picture they are not. Try making a small vestibule just inside the NPC doors and place a public marker inside that.
Test Subject
#58 Old 1st May 2011 at 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugeLunatic
Anners - it sounds like your apt is open somewhere that connects to a hidden room or maybe a public room.

dreamcatcher - The doors for NPC apts must be enclosed, and looking at your picture they are not. Try making a small vestibule just inside the NPC doors and place a public marker inside that.


could it be the public room marker that I placed in the entrance hall, or the one on my elevator level?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#59 Old 1st May 2011 at 10:55 PM
I deleted both public room markers and the "Ring Bell" option is still there.
Dancing Flamingo
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#60 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:05 AM
Do you have a ceiling in your apartment? I wonder if the space is still considered open to a neighboring floor that is hidden because of a missing ceiling. Or what about friezes? If you have used those (or cfe walls) and didn't include the same interior walls? Try removing the stairs temporarily and replacing the floor tiles just to rule that out.
Test Subject
#61 Old 2nd May 2011 at 1:24 AM
I deleted the stairs and filled the "holes" with floor tiles, i deleted the door to the enclosed balcony, still "ring bell" option. all the room left around the house, the one with no walls or construction on it is covered by flat ceiling tiles. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#62 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:08 PM
I have question regarding making NPC doors/apartments on community lots. Is this possible?

I was hoping that my consignment store could also house NPC apartments on the top floor, but even after placing the public and hidden room markers correctly (all enclosed), it won't allow me to assign the doors for NPC use. I'm guessing that because the lot isn't zoned residential it won't allow this, but would like to know if anyone else knows something different.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Test Subject
#63 Old 13th May 2011 at 2:20 AM
Hey Guys,

I have basically the same problem as ClickChick, I have a 5 story apt. building with my sim's apartment being on the fifth floor. If I teleport my sims into the lobby they can take the elevator up to their floor just fine, but if they are outside the building and I click "go home" or just click "go here" in the lobby they look at the door, stomp their feet, and will occasionally walk around the apartment, but never enter. There are no lights, uneven land, etc near the lobby door of the apartment. I also used Twallan's debug enabler and checked the lock status of the lobby's front door and it said, "You are not allowed through this door." I have tried replacing the door, putting doors in, etc to no avail. The only solution so far is to delete a segment of the lobby wall and allow my sims to just walk in to the elevator without going through a door. I can provide pictures if you guys need them, but as I said the problem is basically the same as ClickChick's except that I have a lobby with an elevator.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance,
minion of moderating
staff: moderator
#64 Old 13th May 2011 at 1:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaso
Hey Guys,

I have basically the same problem as ClickChick, I have a 5 story apt. building with my sim's apartment being on the fifth floor. If I teleport my sims into the lobby they can take the elevator up to their floor just fine, but if they are outside the building and I click "go home" or just click "go here" in the lobby they look at the door, stomp their feet, and will occasionally walk around the apartment, but never enter. There are no lights, uneven land, etc near the lobby door of the apartment. I also used Twallan's debug enabler and checked the lock status of the lobby's front door and it said, "You are not allowed through this door." I have tried replacing the door, putting doors in, etc to no avail. The only solution so far is to delete a segment of the lobby wall and allow my sims to just walk in to the elevator without going through a door. I can provide pictures if you guys need them, but as I said the problem is basically the same as ClickChick's except that I have a lobby with an elevator.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance,


Are you sure the lobby is marked as a public room? (ie has a public room marker placed in it)
Test Subject
#65 Old 16th May 2011 at 3:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Hee Hee
Are you sure the lobby is marked as a public room? (ie has a public room marker placed in it)


Yes, all my rooms are appropriately marked. I triple checked them all. haha. It's really strange. The only other thing I know is that the front door worked fine at first, but I later used the Restrict B/B in Buildings command to add a basement to the apartment. Now while there's a definite possibility that I could have messed something up doing that, I checked everything and then went over it all again for good measure.

Right now I just have holes in my lobby walls and it works ok
Test Subject
#66 Old 24th May 2011 at 6:34 AM
Having the same problem! My Sim just stands outside the lobby (with a public room marker) and stomps her feet. No one can go in or out! She also got stuck in the elevator..what is wrong?!
Test Subject
#67 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakAboutSims
I found this tutorial on Google and it said to ask my questions here.

Should I be receiving "I gotta go, see you soon." messages whenever a NPC resident leaves the lot?


I am also having this problem. I noticed that the callbox lists hundreds of sims! From A-Z and it seems like when any one of them leaves I get a message. Any ideas what I may have done wrong?
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 6:23 PM
Default Strange Elevator door missing??
I am new to the whole apartment making process but I placed the markers correctly but there seems to be something wrong with the elevator.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#69 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 3:13 AM
Just a quick question, does the stuff in the "public" rooms of my apartment lot count towards the bills I receive? The family in my custom apartment is receiving bills larger than many of my mansions! It is somewhat ridiculous.
Test Subject
#70 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 7:31 AM
Elevator will not work - Off Ramp
Hi There,

I'm trying to customize the Off Ramp shell, and I've been successful using RBBB, Buydebug and MoveObjects.

I've set up all my doors, public and hidden areas. I have no public/hidden/skip levels in the living space, and both the lobby and upper foyer of the apartment are set as public space.

The elevators are enclosed on four sides with walls on the ground and apartment floor, with public markers on both levels inside the cabs.

My sims have no problem getting into the lower foyer, but the only option when I click the elevator is WooHoo. I can teleport them up, but I want the elevators to work... is there something I'm missing? I feel like I've spent the past weekend searching forums and google for a straightforward guide to elevators in TS3.

Help?
Test Subject
#71 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 5:01 AM
After I did this, I can't edit whats in my sim's apartment. I didn't put any public or private room balls in my sim's room. Do I need to do that, or change her door type? Thanks!
Scholar
#72 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 5:29 PM
This problem with the feet stomping at the elevator made me curious. So I had to give it a try.

- I built a 5 story apt building with the playable apt on the top floor
- Added public room markers
- Made NPC door on second floor
- Marked floors 3,4 as level skip
- Added elevator to floors 1,2,5
- Added elevator shaft to floors 3,4
- Added call box

Put a sim on the lot, clicked Go Home while she was outside the building and she took the elevator straight up to the top floor, no problem.

Sent her to the lobby, clicked elevator, got the option to "Go To floor..." options level 2 or level 5. no problem.

The building also has NPCs coming and going.

Maybe try moveobjects off, delete the elevators, then add again. The Sims usually only stomp when something is in the way.
Scholar
#73 Old 2nd Jul 2011 at 5:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbills
After I did this, I can't edit whats in my sim's apartment. I didn't put any public or private room balls in my sim's room. Do I need to do that, or change her door type? Thanks!


You don't need markers inside the playable apartment nor do you need to change the door.

Make sure you have the restrictbuildbuyinbuildings false cheat activated.
Test Subject
#74 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 7:10 AM
Other Families
Is it possible to have more than one family living in an apartment block, in seperate apartments? or can you only have one family and the rest have to be NPCs?
Test Subject
#75 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 12:19 AM
Default How many playable apartments?
I'm building an awesome apartmentcomplex, but am wondering if it's gonna go okay. When I read the tutorial I get the idea that I can only create one place for my Sims to live in. All the other places have to be either Public or Hidden (NPC) Is this correct?

I read somewhere else that when you move into an apartment, you get to choose which floor you want to live on. I can not remember seeing this before, but if above statement is right, then every apartmentlot has just one playable home.

Which is correct?
Page 3 of 8
Back to top