Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 8:33 PM Last edited by Dreamydre : 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:21 AM.
Default Girls, Where Are We Going? The Official Future Plans Thread
With a New Year, comes new plans and new goals, and changes. Post your plans here, whether you're going to college, going to the next grade level, finding work or even dropping out of school.

Come Fall 2011 I'll be a Freshman at San Diego State University along with my boyfriend and my bestie!

Your turn ....

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 8:59 PM
This March, I will turn 16.

Eee!

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Rubric Wrangler
#3 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 9:20 PM
Well, for starts, I'm gonna be the biggest grammar Nazi around. The title of this thread needs a comma...

Seriously though, I'm planning on learning how to drive/getting my license. I intend to spend more time training Mick, and also reconnect with some old friends. If there's one thing the last month has taught me, it's to never take the people in your life for granted.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 11:24 PM
Plans..plans.. Well i have a job interview hopefully in the next few days so that's my first thing: Get a job.
Other plans are to save up enough money and get overseas to England and then to the U.S to meet my boyfriends family.
I guess mostly on the agenda this year is to live, love and learn. Explore the world, work and (officially - at 18!) become an adult. Should be a good year!

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
27.11.08|17.12.08|24.06.09|06.06.10|24.07.10|19.11.2010
Kia Kaha
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 11:55 PM
In the fall, I'll be going to a private liberal arts school to double major in literature and creative writing. I absolutely cannot wait; I'm so done with not being challenged in high school. I'm really going to miss my friends, though.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 12:34 AM
In the fall I'll be heading off to university- I've got my eye on one in Ontario. Living away from home is going to be really hard, but at the same time I'm excited to have fresh start! I still need to decide on my field of study, though- right now, I'm back and forth between psychology and classics/archaeology.

Also, this summer I'm hoping to go on a volunteering expedition to Costa Rica for two weeks in July. The program involves monitoring/caring for endangered sea turtles, and sounds absolutely amazing. I really hope I get in!

Good luck in 2011, everyone!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 12:42 AM
This year I'm going to be a Senior at high school which is fairly exciting, so I'm going to start pulling my weight a lot more in order to get the marks I need to go to the university I want.
Also, I plan on getting a part time job to help pay for uni in 2013 and other activities, so I'm not so dependent on my parents.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 3:28 AM
I graduate this year which is sad because I've made loads of good friends and now we're all going to be going our seperate ways. It's also scary because I will be forced to leave the comfort of the place I've been at for the last two and a half years!

So, decisions about the future need to be made. Am applying for MSc's in Forensic Psychology and Mental Health Studies, as well as a job as a strategic analyst for a military science and technology defense organisation (which I've decided I actually really, really want!), and make my decision from there.

2011 is going to be eek!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 6:18 AM
This year, I'll finish Freshman year of High School and go on to Sophmore year. Hopefully. .3.

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 10:39 PM
I'm trying to get out of the new school I'm in. I don't like it. After that, during the summer, I'm planned to be moving either to the States (New York, Miami, and LA are all choices as well as DC) or to some Asian country because my parents want to be together. They're also planning to adopt a baby from Africa or the Middle East.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:20 AM
Hmm, you know, I deleted my Facebook (glad I did) and I never really used Twitter that much, I realized I use modthesims as a replacement for both, because I don't have to worry about people being all up in my business. But I wonder if I'll have time for it when I go off to college? Has anyone ever wondered when they'll end up disappearing off the forums?

Quote: Originally posted by thedivineone
This March, I will turn 16.

Eee!

This March, I'm turning 18. Are you a Pisces?

Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
Well, for starts, I'm gonna be the biggest grammar Nazi around. The title of this thread needs a comma...

Seriously though, I'm planning on learning how to drive/getting my license. I intend to spend more time training Mick, and also reconnect with some old friends. If there's one thing the last month has taught me, it's to never take the people in your life for granted.

Changed it! Yay to getting your license! I remember when I first got mine, it gave me a little more freedom.

Quote: Originally posted by Geah
Plans..plans.. Well i have a job interview hopefully in the next few days so that's my first thing: Get a job.
Other plans are to save up enough money and get overseas to England and then to the U.S to meet my boyfriends family.
I guess mostly on the agenda this year is to live, love and learn. Explore the world, work and (officially - at 18!) become an adult. Should be a good year!

Should be a good year indeed! ;-D Where in the US are you planning to visit?

Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
In the fall, I'll be going to a private liberal arts school to double major in literature and creative writing. I absolutely cannot wait; I'm so done with not being challenged in high school. I'm really going to miss my friends, though.

Class of 2011 all de waaaaaaay! What college are you going to?

Quote: Originally posted by Ranta
In the fall I'll be heading off to university- I've got my eye on one in Ontario. Living away from home is going to be really hard, but at the same time I'm excited to have fresh start! I still need to decide on my field of study, though- right now, I'm back and forth between psychology and classics/archaeology.

Also, this summer I'm hoping to go on a volunteering expedition to Costa Rica for two weeks in July. The program involves monitoring/caring for endangered sea turtles, and sounds absolutely amazing. I really hope I get in!

Good luck in 2011, everyone!

*Fingers crossed* For your "Volunteer Expedition" to Costa Rica, haha.

Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
This year I'm going to be a Senior at high school which is fairly exciting, so I'm going to start pulling my weight a lot more in order to get the marks I need to go to the university I want.
Also, I plan on getting a part time job to help pay for uni in 2013 and other activities, so I'm not so dependent on my parents.

When you become a Senior, the Senioritis really bites you in the ass :-/

Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
I graduate this year which is sad because I've made loads of good friends and now we're all going to be going our seperate ways. It's also scary because I will be forced to leave the comfort of the place I've been at for the last two and a half years!

So, decisions about the future need to be made. Am applying for MSc's in Forensic Psychology and Mental Health Studies, as well as a job as a strategic analyst for a military science and technology defense organisation (which I've decided I actually really, really want!), and make my decision from there.

2011 is going to be eek!

Aww I graduate this year as well, and yeah I have an assload of good friends as well, but while it's a bittersweet farewell, I'll meet new people in University, and not only that but more freedom! AHHHH! We're Seniors!! Pat yourself on the back gurl 'cause you made it!

Quote: Originally posted by cassslas1996
This year, I'll finish Freshman year of High School and go on to Sophmore year. Hopefully. .3.

Haha, freshie ;-D Make sure you do well your Freshman year, Freshman year really paves the way for the next three years to come!! Have fun in High School ;-D

Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
I'm trying to get out of the new school I'm in. I don't like it. After that, during the summer, I'm planned to be moving either to the States (New York, Miami, and LA are all choices as well as DC) or to some Asian country because my parents want to be together. They're also planning to adopt a baby from Africa or the Middle East.

If you choose to come to the States, I'd say move to LA! Haha but that's only because I live here and in my opinion it is awesome! DC isn't all that great, it just gets hype because of the White House, but it's really not all the exciting. Touristy though.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Rubric Wrangler
#12 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 12:53 AM
Hooray! A comma! :D

And yes Dreamy, sometimes I wonder about disappearing from the forums. Even since I've started posting I've kinda noticed comings and goings, as it were.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Scholar
#13 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 1:00 AM
"This March, I'm turning 18. Are you a Pisces? "

Yep, My birthday's on the 9th :D

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

Yet another Tumblr
Livejournal
Alchemist
#14 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 2:09 AM
I'm turning 14 late February *also a Pisces* :]
I'm doing year 8 this year, and very late in the year I'll be starting year 9, so I kind of have to start thinking about what I want to do with my life this year because I currently have no idea.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
If you choose to come to the States, I'd say move to LA! Haha but that's only because I live here and in my opinion it is awesome! DC isn't all that great, it just gets hype because of the White House, but it's really not all the exciting. Touristy though.

I don't get a choice, I'm only 15 T____T My mother is in immigration with the UN or something like that (I forget >_<) and my dad works for a corporation that deals with passports, so they get transferred a lot. If I had to pick, I'd want to move to Ontario again because I really, really do not like the States at all for if I want a good future. I want my $10.25 an hour starting wage, thank you!

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 2:36 AM
Aww I graduate this year as well, and yeah I have an assload of good friends as well, but while it's a bittersweet farewell, I'll meet new people in University, and not only that but more freedom! AHHHH! We're Seniors!! Pat yourself on the back gurl 'cause you made it!
I'm graduating university It may be (holy shit) 9 years since I finished secondary school but I'm having that same uncertain feeling all over again!
Scholar
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
Seriously though, I'm planning on learning how to drive/getting my license.

Ohh you will loooove having your licence! I've had mine since I was 15 and it is ah-may-zing getting to take the wheel and feeling a bit more free. Good luck for getting it!

Should be a good year indeed! ;-D Where in the US are you planning to visit?

Well Ohio and Kentucky, seeing as that's where my boyfriends family are from, but he has family in Florida so it sounds like I'm going there too. I would love to go back to California though! I am a beachy girl so much it's not funny! Last time I was in California I went Anaheim to visit Disney Land before we came back to NZ.

What's good to see and do in your neck of the woods? Not just the usual touristy stuff either, lol.
eee I can't wait!

Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead of you too! As do the rest of you ladies! Hands up if 20-11 is your year!! :D

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
Kia Kaha
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 3:26 AM
*sticks hand up* 2011 is the year of change in my family.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 4:12 AM
Class of 2011 all de waaaaaaay! What college are you going to?

I'd rather not give its exact name because I've read far too many stories about people suffering negative consequences due to giving away too much information on the Internet and I've consequently been made paranoid. However, it's a private liberal arts college with about 2,500 students three hours from where I've been born and raised. I'm striking out on my own but I won't be too far away from home, which will be nice. What are you planning on studying at San Diego State?

Geah, I wish you the best of luck in Ohio and Kentucky. Having lived in Indiana my entire life, I've been in and out of the two states many times and never found anything remotely good in Kentucky . Everyone from the Midwest refers to it as the worst place in the region.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Scholar
#20 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 8:04 AM Last edited by Geah : 3rd Jan 2011 at 9:39 AM.
I havn't heard much good about Kentucky either, but his parents moved back there about a year ago so going to have to go there, lol. Ohio.. well Cincinnati specifically, sounds alright, although also heard that it's a city of concrete and boy am I not a fan of that, I am a rural and beachy girl through and through and concrete and cities really don't appeal to me. We'll see though One thing i'm looking forward to the most is going to King's Island that and visitng my boyfriends best friend up in Columbus. Tell you one thing though, Ohio lads have the sexiest accents! :P

EDIT: Something else on the agenda this year: I get to vote in the election this year So kicking out our laaaame government!

Georgie. Aka Geah
Flickr × MTS Yearbook
Kia Kaha
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 9:51 AM
I'm turning 18 this March, which is pretty exciting, but I'm rather sad about graduating this May. I'll be leaving some of my really close friends behind, and it's going to be pretty tough without them around. After I'm done with all my exams in June, I'm planning to get my driving license, and in the fall I'll be going to university to study journalism. Looks like I've got a pretty exciting year ahead.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Alchemist
#22 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 10:17 AM
I guess my only plans are to survive the rest of this school year and the beginning of the next.
And get my head fixed, if that counts.
Inventor
#23 Old 3rd Jan 2011 at 10:47 AM
I will be taking my final exams, finishing my GCSEs and hopefully going to 6th form where I will be taking Media, Maths, Chemistry and ICT. Of course my heart will also be broken because more than half of my good friend are not staying on. With me taking 4 subjects it means I won't have much time to see them.
I'm turning 16 in February. We've got our prom where I'll be probably going alone... I will probs be getting a summer job to earn some extra money.
Looks like a crazy year.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Theorist
#24 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel

Me too, and I wish I had another year or so left. I'm not really ready for this, but I feel like I can't even stop and just enjoy the last semester now, or even think about it, because I'm so busy with all the work. It feels like it's rushing by this year and it'll be graduation before I know it.

Quote: Originally posted by DreamyDre
Hmm, you know, I deleted my Facebook (glad I did) and I never really used Twitter that much, I realized I use modthesims as a replacement for both, because I don't have to worry about people being all up in my business. But I wonder if I'll have time for it when I go off to college? Has anyone ever wondered when they'll end up disappearing off the forums?

I wonder about that too, and about when other people will stop using them. I have some people from here on facebook, but I'll be sort of sad to stop hearing from the ones I don't have on facebook.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Alchemist
#25 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 4:16 PM
I'm going to be in second year this year at college, I'll turn 19 and, hopefully, THAT GUY'S GONNA GIVE A CRAP FOR ME! *clears throat and calms down*

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins

Page 1 of 2