Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Harvestables

by KVRadiation Posted 12th Feb 2011 at 11:26 AM - Updated 21st Oct 2012 at 4:16 PM by KVRadiation : Mod status update, title fixed, body text updated.

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 4:14 AM
Cool, I get to leave the first comment! I just have a quick question, is this mod compatible with outdoor living?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 6:33 AM
I don't have Outdoor Living yet so I can't say for certain. If there aren't any new plants there shouldn't be any issues but I welcome anyone who has it to test it out and let me know!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 11:17 AM
Great work ! Thanks
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Feb 2011 at 10:24 PM
You just beat me to it, did the same mod myself yesterday but yet to test properly! I set mine lower though, so not so long lived.
I coded mine from the OL gameplay and did not notice any changes to the XML so can't see why it wouldn't work.

Two questions: Did you find that the update only takes affect on newly planted stuff, rather than kicking in on plants prior to adding the mod? With the death plant I suspect that it can be revived (Green-thumb trait) more often to produce more harvests, not got time to log in and test that though, so, have you tried that?
Test Subject
#6 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 2:28 PM
Homework
Hi, I'm a big sims fan and I got a homework. I need an e-pal. If you going to decide you help me. Then write an e-mail. PLEASE HELP ME!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Feb 2011 at 8:31 AM
I'm afraid this doesn't work for me. It's a shame, but it may be because I have Outdoor Living. HOWEVER, I am excited to see it in the future. It'll make nectar easier to deal with. <3
Thank you for updating it. =3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by izzywish
Two questions: Did you find that the update only takes affect on newly planted stuff, rather than kicking in on plants prior to adding the mod?

Yeah I noticed that was the case not only with my mod but also with the previous two mods that I had. As was speculated on one of the other mods comment sections it could be that the amount of harvests and growth rate of a plant are set when you plant them and not called on after that. I'm not sure how accurate that is but that seemed to be the case for me.

Quote: Originally posted by izzywish
With the death plant I suspect that it can be revived (Green-thumb trait) more often to produce more harvests, not got time to log in and test that though, so, have you tried that?

I haven't tried that out actually. I hadn't even thought about reviving it. I'll have to give it a check shortly and see if that works!

Quote: Originally posted by oceanpupz
I'm afraid this doesn't work for me. It's a shame, but it may be because I have Outdoor Living. HOWEVER, I am excited to see it in the future. It'll make nectar easier to deal with. <3
Thank you for updating it. =3

Just to lump this in with my above comment, were these plants existing prior to getting the mod? Have you tried to plant anything new since getting it to see if you still have the issue?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 9:10 PM
I planted new plants, with newly found seeds. I tried to use ONLY this mod, as well, but that didn't do it. It's not a big deal, however. It's still nice to see it around. <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by oceanpupz
I planted new plants, with newly found seeds. I tried to use ONLY this mod, as well, but that didn't do it. It's not a big deal, however. It's still nice to see it around. <3

Well now I'm curious if anyone else with Outdoor Living is having this issue. Could be an issue that I'll have to correct if so.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Feb 2011 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KVRadiation
Well now I'm curious if anyone else with Outdoor Living is having this issue. Could be an issue that I'll have to correct if so.

I test the mod in OLS and it works 100%. Good work KVRadiation.
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 3:45 AM
Have you tested this mod with the latest Late Night patch? I can't seem to notice anything when I plant Life Fruit or Death Flowers.
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 1:03 PM Last edited by Kanzar : 26th Mar 2011 at 1:14 PM.
I can't interact with some of the new stuff... can buy, can't plant. :/ All updates, all expansions installed.
Gonna check if it's another package though... probably is.
EDIT: Have NFI which package it is. Oh well. Seems to work?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 6:36 AM
It's still working as of the latest patches. A huge thanks to Zerablack for confirming it's still working with OLS since I still have yet to get it.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 11:32 PM
I'd be interested to know if this still works 100% in Generations. I will let you know if I see any problems (crashing/borkage/imploding) but I might not get around to testing its full functionality.

Traits: Computer Whiz, Over-Emotional, Genius, Ambitious, Good
Favorites: Grilled Cheese, Indie, Violet
Sign: Cancer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 12:29 PM Last edited by KVRadiation : 4th Sep 2011 at 1:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by elansims
I'd be interested to know if this still works 100% in Generations. I will let you know if I see any problems (crashing/borkage/imploding) but I might not get around to testing its full functionality.

I've been playing pretty heavily the last week and testing it out and haven't come across any compatibility issues with Generations or the latest patch 1.22. I've updated the body of the mod accordingly.

**Still works with 1.24**
Test Subject
#17 Old 18th Oct 2011 at 6:54 PM
Sorry noob question here - you mention that this is an update for Late Night in that it includes the new fruit. But does it still work with only the base game, patched to 1.24.3 ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by McNtr
Sorry noob question here - you mention that this is an update for Late Night in that it includes the new fruit. But does it still work with only the base game, patched to 1.24.3 ?

This should work with any version of the game up to Late Night. The game should ignore the plants in the mod that you don't have loaded.

Additionally: I'm testing it with Sims 3 Pets now. So far I haven't noticed any issues.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KVRadiation
Additionally: I'm testing it with Sims 3 Pets now. So far I haven't noticed any issues.

Needs to be updated to include carrots.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 11:09 PM
I love this mod, thanks for keeping it up to date, but yes, it does need to include carrots--which cannot even be planted if the mod is present.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 12:22 AM
This is pretty cool. However, I find I have the opposite problem. My Sim can sometimes spend a whole day tending her garden because of how often it needs harvesting and how often weeds pop up, etc. And that's only if I use the cheat to keep sliding her Needs full. I love using gardening to stock the fridge or make money or even just grow treats for the horses, but it ends up such a pain.

Do you know of/Can you make a mod that does the opposite? Lengthening the time it takes for plants to need tending of various types?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:37 PM
Thanks to everyone who pointed out carrots. I hadn't even noticed them yet but I've added them to the mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by andsunshine
This is pretty cool. However, I find I have the opposite problem. My Sim can sometimes spend a whole day tending her garden because of how often it needs harvesting and how often weeds pop up, etc. And that's only if I use the cheat to keep sliding her Needs full. I love using gardening to stock the fridge or make money or even just grow treats for the horses, but it ends up such a pain.

Do you know of/Can you make a mod that does the opposite? Lengthening the time it takes for plants to need tending of various types?

Possibly. I haven't looked to see but many interactions have a setting for the Sim time it takes to complete. It would most likely be a matter of adjusting how long it takes to tend the garden. There's that or I could look at changing the amount of times weeds come up for each plant but that would likely be a separate mod to this one. If there's enough interest I'd probably do it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 4th Nov 2011 at 8:32 PM
I wanted to verify. Will this 1.26 compatible mod work with 1.24?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittenvampire14
I wanted to verify. Will this 1.26 compatible mod work with 1.24?

Absolutely. There's never been any code changes between versions and the only difference now is that it's been updated for the Pets expansion pack.
Page 1 of 3