Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Zoom-In CaS Camera 1.38 Pets

by Shimrod101 Posted 17th Feb 2011 at 11:55 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2012 at 8:56 PM by Shimrod101 : Updated to 1.38

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 65 Feedback Posts, 40 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 12:29 AM
I hate that sometimes I can not stop the camera when i want i to..
Forum Resident
#3 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 2:31 AM Last edited by omegastarr82 : 18th Feb 2011 at 3:07 AM.
This does not work in my game. With or without mods. It does however disable the CAST tool tip.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omegastarr82
This does not work in my game. With or without mods. It does however disable the CAST tool tip.

Is this a resolution problem? Like stuff is pushed off the side or top of the screen? In which case different resolutions can be tried, 1152x864 for example, or windowed mode.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:58 AM
Ahhhh, so many hearts for you for this. I've wanted something like this for SO LONG.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 1:13 PM
I've been hoping for something like this. Thank you so much for your hard work and for sharing!
Test Subject
#7 Old 18th Feb 2011 at 11:39 PM
Maybe I'm just unobservant but I spend a lot of time in CAS and from the pictures it looks like I can get that close in CAS. Could you post before and after pictures of how far you can zoom in? Because I can't really see the difference :L
Test Subject
#8 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 12:15 AM
I have the same problem. I've been waiting for a mod like this for so long, but it doesn't work in my game either. I guess that there must be some type of conflict. But I can't imagine what. I'm not using any other camera mod that should conflict with this. Awesome mod is the only mod that I have that does something to the camera, but not in CAS.

Thanks for making this mod though, Shimrod. If I can get it to work, I'm over the moon. CAS's zoom should have been designed this way in the first place.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aquarius2
Maybe I'm just unobservant but I spend a lot of time in CAS and from the pictures it looks like I can get that close in CAS. Could you post before and after pictures of how far you can zoom in? Because I can't really see the difference :L

All of the pics here are after pics. It's easy for you or anyone else to see before, all one has to do is open CaS one time and look at it; this is why it never occurred to me seriously to include before pics.

It isn't possible to zoom in anywhere near this close on faces with the default camera, this should be easy to see. On the Outfits and Tops, which use the same final position (there is only one set of numbers for these two together) I set these from the neck down, whereas default has the head of the sim in there.

The legs (Bottoms, pants or skirt) and feet (Shoes) also use the same positioning, so I set this from the belt down, for showing a pair of pants or skirt.

The toddler is a special case; for looking at the outfit or feet one has to rotate the sim, so I didn't move these any closer because the feet or legs disappear off the right side of the screen or under the UI box in CaST when zoomed too close.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Forum Resident
#10 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 6:21 AM
Default Mod doesn't work for me either
This mod doesn't work for me with or without other mods in the game. Unlike aquarius2 I haven't been using CAS much. I thought maybe it maybe it was me so I took screenshots with the mod in and out. They both look the same. I have a large monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution. Could that have anything to do with it?

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th Feb 2011 at 9:28 PM
Unfortunately, this isn't working for me either. I'm running in windowed mode at 1280x800, my native resolution is 1440x900, and I'm a dual monitor setup (second is 1024x768) not that I think that'll make any difference. I have an ingame lighting mod and a camera mod which removes fade on sims ingame, but not other CAS camera mods. I'll test without those at some point, right now I need to cook.

Which resolution etc was this tested on? It would be good if a pattern could be deciphered.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 5:09 PM Last edited by werismyki : 20th Feb 2011 at 7:04 PM.
Trying this, I had the same issues with no changes showing up. I decided to do some poking around and recreated your mod by exporting the same resources. Same result, as if the changes were being ignored.

Then I looked closer at the DeltaBuild0 package and found another resource named CASCameraWS, which appears to have alot of the same information. I exported that resource into the current package and edited both the CASCamera and CASCameraWS zoom max to 1.0. The screenshots are attached.

Brilliant for figuring out this could be edited!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 7:44 PM
This mod is brilliant but doesn' t work for me either...

Are you going to re edit it as per Werismyki suggestion ?

Anyway good job !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Feb 2011 at 9:38 PM
Yes, I've seen the other CameraWS file and when I was making this it didn't seem to do anything, so I left it alone. Checking today it seems that all the game resolutions marked as 16:9 or 16:10 or 5:3 use this second file, whereas the 4:3 resolutions use the one I've modded. Winterhart's 1280x1024 works fine for me with this mod when I set my game res to that one.

I'll do this second widescreen .ini file and add it in, it won't be done today or tomorrow though.

Forum Resident
#15 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
Trying this, I had the same issues with no changes showing up. I decided to do some poking around and recreated your mod by exporting the same resources. Same result, as if the changes were being ignored.

Then I looked closer at the DeltaBuild0 package and found another resource named CASCameraWS, which appears to have alot of the same information. I exported that resource into the current package and edited both the CASCamera and CASCameraWS zoom max to 1.0. The screenshots are attached.

Brilliant for figuring out this could be edited!

I agree! I just updated the mod for myself by extracting the WS resource and doing a copy and paste from the one here to the WS resource then importing that into the package. It works great! Big thanks to Shimrod for the mod and wersimyki for finding the fix for us Wide Screen folks! :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 11:50 AM
It all makes sense now... I'm also on the widescreen boat (WS) and no wonder this mod didn't work for me either, and probably for the majority of users out there since the 4:3 ratio has been in decline for some time as more wider LCD panels are sold. Awaiting your changes, and thanks in advance.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Feb 2011 at 6:41 PM
Cool mod. However, when I click on a part of the sim to quickly switch from one part of the sim to other, nothing happens, so I have to use the panel manually.

Could you please fix this?

Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Feb 2011 at 10:17 AM
Hi I am also on a widescreen and as Winterhart and werismyki did, I updated the mod and it now works.

The problem I now have though is the same as omegastarr82 (post #3) and aprouty (post #17) - the CAST tool does not work properly, e.g. If you dress your sim in a top, jeans and shoes and you want to recolor everything, you recolor the top and then you cannot click on the pants or shoes. You have to go back to clothing and choose pants and then click on recolor tool and so on for each category.

I took the mod out and now it works again.

This is a great mod and I want to thank you and I hope that you can fix the CAST tool.

Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 1:16 AM
Really cool mod. Hope you can get around to making the widescreen friendly one soon. I also had the problem with CAST being disabled when I tried it though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 23rd Feb 2011 at 2:09 PM
The CaST problem with switching between items is a mess-up on my part, it's fixed in the new version when available.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 12:18 AM
This mod is now remade with the widescreen .ini file included. Both .ini CasCameras files are in this new version together with the 2 XMLs described. This is not an add-on, the first mod version MUST BE REMOVED when using this new one. Also the ability to click on clothing items in CaST to switch between them is fixed, so those using only 4:3 game resolutions should use this new one and trash the first version.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 10:30 AM
Thanks for this new version.

I'm trying it right now !! Good job.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Feb 2011 at 5:52 PM
Ok it works fine now

Terrific mod indeed and very useful !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Feb 2011 at 5:20 AM
It's working now, thanks!

Keep up the great work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:28 PM
Thank you very much for fixing this mod. I've been waiting for something like it since the day that The Sims 3 was releases. It works great and I love being able to zoom in close to fine to my Sims' facial features and make-up.

Thanks again!
Page 1 of 5