Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Finnington - an empty world for your simmies

by armiel Posted 12th May 2011 at 7:34 AM - Updated 1st Aug 2012 at 6:00 AM by armiel : Deleted save-file

253 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 118 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:51 AM
Great to See the World Up Armiel!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 12th May 2011 at 9:37 AM
*love* Thank you very much for sharing this with us hun.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th May 2011 at 10:12 AM Last edited by rorsdors : 12th May 2011 at 11:37 AM.
Thanks for the share looks lovely,I've being trying to extract it and keep getting that the file is corrupt dont know if anyone else has had the same problem?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th May 2011 at 10:54 AM
Thank you, it looks beautiful. Congratulations on finishing it, I know how hard it is to finish a world - I've had one in progress since 2009. I look forward to playing this one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 12th May 2011 at 10:59 AM
This is really perfect. It looks great and is just the right size. I've been looking for a world like this forever. Thanks for sharing :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th May 2011 at 11:19 AM
This seems to be a great world but please help me cause I can`t install it. It says: "! C:\Documents and Settings\F!R3\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\part1.rar: CRC failed in Finnington.Sims3Pack. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\F!R3\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\part1.rar: Unexpected end of archive
! C:\Documents and Settings\F!R3\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims \part3.rar: Unexpected end of archive"
Please help me out! I really want to play on your world!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th May 2011 at 11:20 AM
This looks lovely, thank you!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by codrin03
This seems to be a great world but please help me cause I can`t install it. It says: "! C:\Documents and Settings\F!R3\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\part1.rar: CRC failed in Finnington.Sims3Pack. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\F!R3\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\part1.rar: Unexpected end of archive
! C:\Documents and Settings\F!R3\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims \part3.rar: Unexpected end of archive"

Hmm. I tested myself with the directions I wrote.
I made a new folder to desktop
placed the rar files there
renamed them to part1.rar etc
and then with all of them renamed, right clicked on the part1 one and selected extract here. worked like a charm.

Please try first by doing what I just told I did, and if that doesn't help, re-download the files and then try again.

ETA:
I see you have 2 times part1.rar and one times part3.rar in your error. You need to have part1.rar, part2.rar and part3.rar to make it work.

ETA2:
Quote: Originally posted by rorsdors
Thanks for the share looks lovely,I've being trying to extract it and keep getting that the file is corrupt dont know if anyone else has had the same problem?

When you have a problem, please make a new post instead of editing the one you made before. At this point I was able to notice it, but if this download had a lot more comments, I would have missed it.

My answer for you is abouts the same as I just gave codrin03
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:41 PM
I have the same problem as cordin03. And I have did what you said,but it just doesn't work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:44 PM
Oh Armi it's amazing I know how you feel I start a world get depressed making it then start again, maybe you need to give me that prep-talk
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by codrin03

Sometimes I get that when I download a world, I normally just re-download the files then it works fine.
Test Subject
#13 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:49 PM
Unfortunatly I have the same problem as codrin03.
However, I do have all the parts and I have downloaded them over and over but nothing seems to work.
I tried different names (using the ones you told us to use first) and even that doesn't work.
Is it possible to put them all in one rar?
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:53 PM
I'm starting to think that maybe it's the upload?
I also downloaded the Autumn Falls world from himawara106 but that one extracts without problems
Test Subject
#15 Old 12th May 2011 at 12:53 PM
i agree with beyoncefanny. can u upload only 1 part file?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:00 PM
I'm working on the problem, I tried downloading them myself and got the same error myself.

MTS has a limit of 10mb per rar, so i have to split it, sorry :P

Please be patient, working with it as fast as my connection allows.
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
I'm working on the problem, I tried downloading them myself and got the same error myself.

MTS has a limit of 10mb per rar, so i have to split it, sorry :P

Please be patient, working with it as fast as my connection allows.

Thank for replying to my problem, I will try to download it again!
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#18 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:05 PM
Yay it's up for download!! It looks great armi! And i like that it's empty, i like making my own mark on NHs
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:26 PM Last edited by Listen Fight : 12th May 2011 at 1:49 PM.
Oh, this is so perfect. I've been looking for a small, rural, mountainous world for so long. Thank you so much for creating this and persevering! I know building a world is so much more difficult than it seems. I've tried before and there's just so much that goes into it. But your world is just so sweet, I love it so much. Thank you, again!

EDIT: Guys, armiel's working on the download. People have been having issues with it as stated above, and armiel is trying to figure out why it won't work for other people. Be patient, it'll come back soon.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:41 PM
I don't see a download link. It says that the files are located on the discussion area, but they aren't.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:41 PM
Hey, sorry for beeing such a troublesome guy but I want to download it again, maybe it will work but it seems there is no download link.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th May 2011 at 1:54 PM
I said already that I'm working with the problem, this includes reuploading the files. there are none cause i'm currently replacing them.
Please be patient, I'll notify when it's done.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th May 2011 at 2:04 PM
Awww I just want to hug you!!!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th May 2011 at 2:25 PM Last edited by fxchrfxchr : 12th May 2011 at 2:39 PM.
Looks very good. Thank you for not trashing this and for sharing. I appreciate all your creative efforts as I am sure many in this community do.
(I just wanted to add that the current files worked fine for me.Thanks again!)
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th May 2011 at 2:28 PM
After a long fight.....

I managed to reupload the files!

I also tested right away, and for me, downloading them and extracting worked, even without renaming them.

So go on and try again, sorry for the trouble.
Page 1 of 11