Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:17 AM
Well, Twallan has a lot of mods. I'm not sure how his story progression and AM's match up, but from what I've read all Twallan mods are compatible with AM.

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:32 AM
I use awesome because I like how it does things in the background. for example I can have TS2 style ageing without having to have story progression on. I do also use twallan's mods, like the master controller, but I only put it in game when I need it, as I don't like how it adds a new interaction to everything, every lot, sim and object. Twallan's career mod is a must in my game. So many good self-employed careers, that EA didn't even think about + the part time jobs, I just love them. I use them for teens, dead end jobs and as a kind of substitute uni for my YA.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
The nice thing about Twallan's mods is that you can pick and choose the things that you want. Awesomemod is one monolithic mod and you don't have the option to turn off a lot of its features.

What yo talking about?! Awesomemod has it's own configuration tool here!

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
(I'd really appreciate a no-immigration option, for example
AwesomeMod does not have immigration. The only time new sims are generated is when EAxis-code tries to generate them, and AwesomeMod tries to reduce this as muchas possible.

Quote: Originally posted by babele44
or that Sims would not be forced into Ambitions self-employment when the system is still not able to advance them once they've entered).
They actually CAN advance, but tend to do so poorly because advancement requires more focus than inactive sims typically are given. And they only take up self-employment when it is relevant to their LTW.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Alchemist
#30 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackJess

Not all the features are configurable. Some are not even documented.
Site Helper
#31 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackJess
Right. And the fact that some things are configurable and some things are documented means that all things are configurable and all things are documented.

Pescado has made a lot of changes to make the game behave the way that he wants it to. You may not be aware of all of the changes, but there are many things which aren't configurable and never will be. Just do a code diff.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#32 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
AwesomeMod does not have immigration. The only time new sims are generated is when EAxis-code tries to generate them, and AwesomeMod tries to reduce this as muchas possible.
What I mean is an option to have homeless Sims remain homeless and that when the job system produces co-workers that these should remain homeless, too. In my first Bridgeport game AM had found homes for a bunch of homeless before they could be assigned roles and accordingly the engine had to spawn more Sims to fill the roles and my neighbourhood was filled with three-traited Sims.
The same with co-workers. In some careers it is unavoidable to meet co-workers due to chance-cards (office accident in journalism, surpise party in music etc.) and I can count the minutes until I get the message that some family had now found a home.
And due to memory leaks, I guess, I've had it more than once that a mixologist was "hijacked" by the find-home-routine while he was on his way to work.

Quote:
They actually CAN advance, but tend to do so poorly because advancement requires more focus than inactive sims typically are given. And they only take up self-employment when it is relevant to their LTW.
Hm, yes, I know, even though I don't think that the LTW to have a perfect garden or aquarium or to master the writing skill necessarily means that they want to become professional gardeners, anglers or writers.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:25 PM
I did exclusively use awesome, but I got tired of the "no baby beds means no babys" thing in Awesome story. So I've switched to Twallans story progression. Now I feel massively overwhelmed with all of the options to customize. But, on the other hand I would like to be able to customize Awesome story a little bit more.

I'm going to try using Twallan only for a while, just to see how it goes. (And I wasn't aware that most of the Twallan mods were compatible with awesome.. even the core mods!? Huh.)
Test Subject
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 10:59 AM
Before Late Night I used Awesomemod, but kept having terrible gameplay problems (crashes, etc.) After seeing how other people were treated on the forums at MATY, I didn't even bother to ask them for help. After Late Night, I switched to using Twallan's mods only and couldn't be happier with how my game runs. I've never had to actually ask a question in the Nraas forums because I can usually find the answer by reading what others have asked and Twallan's prompt and polite replies.

Quality mods and polite, friendly help...That's how you get people to support your work.

"The ice is near, the solitude is terrible."
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 11:33 AM
I had been using AM for quite a while until my game started having some problems. Crashes, terribad lags and very bad glitches, i don't think AM is not the cause of it though. Could have been bad CC. I have not patched my game from base till AMB. Didn't think it mattered since I didn't buy any of the EPs that time.

So I did a full uninstall and reinstall my base game and patch it up. D/L and install the latest version of AM at that time.. but for some strange reasons all my saved games were corrupted and i couldn't load them.

Did some experiments and uninstall/reinstall the game again. This time i didn't patch and used the old AM that I had been using all along. Viola, I could load the game again, for some strange reasons it seems like the saved game was stuck with AM or something. To salvage my work, I bin all my sims & upload them into the exchange as a back-up.

Then I removed AM, uninstall/reinstall my Sims 3 again. Patch it up and download all my custom sims into my hood to continue from where I left off using another SP mod that isn't as robust as AM.

IIRC, the modder eventually stopped working on the SP mod due to joining a games developing company. My memories are bit sketch but it was then I discovered that Twallen picked up the pieces were this modder left off. And ever since then I been using Twallen's NRAAS SP mod ever since. I found it much easier to use and easier to remove it if TS3 needs patching.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:37 PM
I want a mod that is well documented so I know everything in it, one that is extremely modifiable so I can put things exactly where I want them on the fly, one that doesn't force me to play a certain way, one that is updated within days of a newly released pack, one where I can have questions answered...even stupid ones..without feeling stupid, and one that doesn't cause problems with my game if I uninstall the mod. That is why I use Twallan's mods.

I am really happy that all of us have a choice between two different mod-systems and can use whatever one makes us happier. For me, it is not about loyalty, but about what works better for me.
Scholar
#37 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:11 PM
Twallan haz a retard-friendly interface for the tards like me and Awesome haz an simpler one, for smart peeps. But I use both because they're both great.
Eminence Grise
#38 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 6:35 PM
Twallan and Pes have both worked together to make their mods as compatible as possible, and that's something I love about the Sims mod community You might expect more territoriality from such top notch modders. Even Pes is a nicer guy than he lets on
Test Subject
#39 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 1:10 AM
They're both awesome modders. I've used Awesomemod religiously for long enough now, mainly because of the story progression. I'm going to give Twallan's story progession a go this evening though and see whether I can work with it (one has become accustomed to how things work on awesome). That being said, I have used it in conjunction with Twallan's MC, debugenabler, relativity and careers.

In other words, both go well together. The decider for me is the story progression modules.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#40 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 2:57 AM
The Twallanian and AwesomeMod story progression modules have entirely different goals. If you like a system that produces pretty stories of events that never happened, and the assurance that your game will remain mostly on its rails, use Twallanian Story. If you want a system that produces actual events that mostly actually happen in the game, and a system that you can manipulate and influence to produce long-term consequences you may or may not want, and absolutely no assurance that your actions won't run your town into the dirt, then use AwesomeMod's.

Either way, you can choose to use AwesomeMod for its other features and use Twallanian Story Module anyway: AwesomeMod will recognize when you installed the Twallanian story driver and let it take over. It comes down to whether you want pretty stories, or a game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 5:43 PM
i guess this is the place to be for my question, as i dont want to bother mr twallan with this..
how do you disable notification in the story progression mod?
i did a search with google but no solution so far.
Alchemist
#42 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Twallan and Pes have both worked together to make their mods as compatible as possible, and that's something I love about the Sims mod community You might expect more territoriality from such top notch modders. Even Pes is a nicer guy than he lets on

I think ya gotta just luv him for who he is and try not to take it personally. Granted I've never had to ask him a question so maybe that's why I find his responses hilarious
Instructor
#43 Old 8th Jun 2011 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Drakron : 8th Jun 2011 at 9:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I think ya gotta just luv him for who he is and try not to take it personally. Granted I've never had to ask him a question so maybe that's why I find his responses hilarious

I have no problems with Pescado, I *do* have a problem with the whole prevalent attitude of the forum members over there but that is a different issue that should not be discussed here.

I stop using AM for a simple reason, I have NO IDEA if its updated or not as the last time it mention being updated was in 3 December 2010, I am NOT someone that goes around downloading files for the heck of it.

At least Twallan indicates if there is a new version or not, also there is no expiration tag on it that once lead to the (not really) hilarious situation of AM timer having run out on the available to download version, I understand why Pescado put it at first but at this point in time? no.

As said, its possible to run both AM and many of Twallan mods so there is not really a reason to pick one over the other besides personal preferences and experience.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 12:07 AM
I use Awesome, Master Controller, Woohooer (I haven't come across any conflicts with AM yet. Even if I eventually do, so be it. I don't mind starting over.), and Careers.

What I like about Awesome is that it's so much easier to figure out than Twallan's mods, which require more experimentation to get a hang of. I also couldn't live without it's feature of making switching households so much less of a hassle. (Pssst! Twallan! You should do the same with MC. Maybe you already have, in which case, how can I activate that option?) What I dislike about it is the assholery on its forum. I like how Twallan is so much more approachable.
Alchemist
#45 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by qpldmff
I also couldn't live without it's feature of making switching households so much less of a hassle. (Pssst! Twallan! You should do the same with MC. Maybe you already have, in which case, how can I activate that option?)

Click on a Sim or on a house you want to switch to. Choose Master Controller>Make Active. And you're switched.
Forum Resident
#46 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mishy
i guess this is the place to be for my question, as i dont want to bother mr twallan with this..
how do you disable notification in the story progression mod?
i did a search with google but no solution so far.

Anyone?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#47 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:34 AM
Mishy, go bother Mr Twallan- we cannot offer support for his mods here, you need to ask the creator.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 1:52 AM
ewwkey...i guess i will then.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 2:04 AM
I use twallan's story progression because it does just what I need without much superfluity. I also have Master Controller, Register, and Woohooer, but I wouldn't have these things had I not taken the step toward story progression.

Also, twallan's posts are just nice to read. Maybe it's his smiley faces, I don't know. MATY intimidates me a bit, which is kind of funny because I can be one of them. xD

In my latest generation, I named my first son Twallan. He turned out to be clumsy (sorry, that was EA), genius, friendly, a computer whiz, and something else. He had this girlfriend in highschool and then about ten days after he become a YA, I sent him off to his own house. The next day, they were married. His parents immediately rolled the want for grand children, but they haven't come yet.

Fascinating.

I do, indeed, plan on creating a Pescado at some point.

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 8:18 AM Last edited by Nalia : 9th Jun 2011 at 8:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
I stop using AM for a simple reason, I have NO IDEA if its updated or not as the last time it mention being updated was in 3 December 2010, I am NOT someone that goes around downloading files for the heck of it.

No one at MATY downloads files for the heck of it. No matter what the date reads, there is always an ongoing thread about AwesomeMod where you can find all the info you seek in there. I think the problem with a lot of Simmers who creep out as soon as they hear "MATY" is that they are too lazy to search and read threads - and this is also the reason they get bullied by other forum members.

To the OP,
I have been using AwesomeMod since the day I bought TS3. Knowning Pescado's work from TS2 I wouldn't play the game without his mod. Later on, I found out Twallan's mods (thanks to Lunar Eclipse who mentioned his Woohooer) and I can say that Twallan has done an excellent work too. I use his Master Controller for some features, the Woohooer and Overwatch, and they are all great.
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Descending into a debate about rudeness.
Page 2 of 15