Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 8:59 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:03 PM.
Default Crazy Cat Lady Challenge
Sorry if something like this exists already, this is my first challenge and I've been reading back into all the other ones.

The goal here is to create a character which resembles a "crazy cat lady".
- Go into CAS and make an elder. Be creative as you'd like with the appearance.
- Pick/roll for an aspiration. Doesn't really matter.
- Personality-wise, we want her to be somewhat unpleasant. I would suggest using the insimenator to lower all her personality points - a mean, dirty, lazy old lady would be just fine. If you don't have the insimenator, use your discretion.
- Add 6 cats to her family.

Create/choose a house for her. Think cramped and cheap. Minimal furnishings, I would love to see pictures of your ideal "crazy cat lady" house (flowers and doilies and stacks of newspaper!).

The goal is to keep your cats alive, and keep a constant amount of cats in the household (6). To do this you'll need to find a successor by the time Grandma is getting close to death. Befriend a townie and ask them to move in. Let the townie grow old with your cats. Once a cat dies of old age, you must replace it with an adopted cat (either via phone or by making friends with one in the neighbourhood)

So to clarify, at all times you must have no less than 6 cats/kittens, and no more than 2 sims (the "crazy cat lady" and the CLC's adult/elder successor).

The game ends if the cats are left alone to eat your corpse without any Sims left in the house. (ie the last cat lady was unable to find any sims to move in with them), or if animal services show up to take away your cats.
Scoring:
Start with 100 pts

+ 20 for every human grave/urn for a death from old age
+ 10 for every human grave/urn for a death from other reasons
+ 10 for every cat grave/urn for a death of natural causes
+ 20 points for befriending and adopting a neighbourhood cat

- 10 points for every cat who runs away
- 5 points every time a cat asks you to feed them
(I don't particularly care for keeping track of scoring but if you want to, this is a basic idea.)

- Your sim may gain income from crafting, gardening etc but NO jobs (even if there is an adult successor living in your house, they can't get a job)
- Your "crazy cat lady" can become a "crazy cat gentleman" if you wish to choose a male successor. Let's not discriminate.
- Your successors must be platonic only - your cat lady cannot marry another sim, they may only befriend a sim and ask them to move in.
- Your cats can be indoors or outdoors or both. Allowed to use lock door function.

I hope everything is clear! Please comment for clarification and tell me all about your stories if you choose this challenge!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 11:00 PM
Nice idea, and it's not limited to cats either (although crazy cat lady IS the stereotype) - this could be done with dogs instead. There's just a couple of things you may need to be aware of:

Cats (or dogs) can't starve to death or die in any other manner than old age - the pet adoption service will take them away first.
As they'll take all the pets in the house, I'd say this would be a "game over" situation.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 12:35 AM
Thank you so much, Selly. That's the kind of thing I wanted folks to point out, so I will change the rules.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 12:10 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 4:42 PM.
Default The crazy cat lady challenge
That's right for this challenge you're going to create a female sim, adult or elder and add nothing but cats to the rest of the family. what's the limit 8? so that's one sim + 7 cats.
you can customize your sim and cats anyway you'd like that doesnt matter.

now here is the fun part..........
Move your sim and her 7 cats into a small house. The smallest one on your lot or even the smallest custom you can find and download. Decorate it to your liking and use the money cheat if you want, but ONLY the money cheat.

for this challenge you will have NO control over your cats.
place a number of 4 bowls, 4 litter boxes, and four scratching posts.

Here are the rules

1. You will start the challenge with exactly 100 points
2. You may play with/cuddle/give love to your cats
3. You may not scold or teach your cats any commands
4. If your cats destroy any furniture, that's - 20 points. And the worst part is
you aren't allowed to replace it.
5. If the cats have "accidents that's - 20 but you are allowed to clean it up
6. make sure your cats don't go hungry
7. You aren't allowed to give up a cat or sell it
8. Your sim can still live any life they choose but they're stuck
with 7 cats
9. If a cat is sleeping on your bed when your sim is tired, that's - another 20 points
10. If any of your cats die, you lose the challenge

Once your total score makes it to 0 you lose

so are you up for it? Think you can handle being a crazy cat lady?

is proud not to be a fracking idiot

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 3:31 AM
okay since I am taking on this challenge myself I need to make a few corrections. You can only have 6 pets with 1 sim.

Right now my sim Grace isn't enjoying her lifestyle as a cat lady. I've had two pieces of furniture destroyed....trash can and the living room couch.
There's been two accidents on the carpet as well so I'm right at 20 points left, damn one more loss and its over.

The cats really like to get in the way like so.......

I'm sorry did you want to cook something?

it's a good thing toaster pastries go right in the oven or
else she'd be stuck with snacks and instant meal haha

for anyone who does this challenge be sure to post pics too

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 9:45 AM
Ill try it, it looks quite fun. I think ima go download some moar kitties...

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 10:49 AM
yess do it! its loads of fun

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 11:08 AM
Is there any way to win the challenge? Or to get back points?
Maybe I misunderstood something, but since even if you miraculously avoid losing all your starting points to "accidents" etc, the cats will still die eventually. So won't the player end up with 0 points anyway?

Otherwise it really sounds interesting. I wanted to try play some kind of crazy cat lady anyway.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YukiShine
Is there any way to win the challenge? Or to get back points?
Maybe I misunderstood something, but since even if you miraculously avoid losing all your starting points to "accidents" etc, the cats will still die eventually. So won't the player end up with 0 points anyway?

Otherwise it really sounds interesting. I wanted to try play some kind of crazy cat lady anyway.

You win the challenge based on how long you can last. I played for two hours and got down to 20 points. when I continue the challenge I'll see how long I can last until I lose those last points and then its over for me lol

you're allowed to buy toys for your cats but even though you do there is always at least one or two who will ignore the toys and go straight for your furniture.
Right now my sim is suffering like no other, constantly having to sleep on the couch, clean all the litter boxes, clean and refill the bowls and when she tries to do things for herself theres usually a cat in the way. Its too bad the game wont let you add more cats. imagine living with 10 of them lol.

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 6:40 PM
What happens if a cat runs away?

Hi, I'm Camilla, and I'm a Sims 2 addict!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Feb 2012 at 8:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilGeek
What happens if a cat runs away?

That would be another - 20 the idea is to keep the cats satisfied while trying to live your own life. its a tough one. You are allowed to report the cat missing though.

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th Feb 2012 at 2:37 PM Last edited by Mai2008 : 5th Feb 2012 at 3:22 PM.
Default Jodie Green's Litter
Okay, I downloaded a fair few cats, added a house and edited it. NOW we have piccies

This is Tiger Green. He is called Tiger, well, because he looks like a tiger! Anyway, here's his stats:

Genius ✖ ✔ ✖ Doofus
Hyper ✖ ✔ ✖ Lazy
Independent ✖ ✖ ✔ Friendly
Aggressive ✖ ✔ ✖ Cowardly
Pigpen ✔ ✖ ✖ Finicky

-------------------------------------------------
This is Tammy Green. She is called Tammy because Tammy sounds like Tabby. Anyway, here's her stats:

Genius ✖ ✖ ✔ Doofus
Hyper ✖ ✔ ✖ Lazy
Aggressive ✖ ✖ ✔ Cowardly
Pigpen ✖ ✔ ✖ Finicky

---------------------------------------------------
This is Star Green. She is called Star because she has stars all over her body. Anyway, here's her stats:

Genius ✔ ✖ ✖ Doofus
Hyper ✖ ✔ ✖ Lazy
Independent ✖ ✔ ✖ Friendly
Pigpen ✔ ✖ ✖ Finicky

----------------------------------------------------
This is Rufuss Green. He is called Rufuss because he FUSSES a lot. Anyway, here's his stats:

Genius ✔ ✖ ✖ Doofus
Hyper ✖ ✔ ✖ Lazy
Independent ✔ ✖ ✖ Friendly
Pigpen ✖ ✖ ✔ Finicky

--------------------------------------------------
This is Mai Green. She is called Mai because is an Egyptian Mau cat. Anyway, here's her stats:

Genius ✔ ✖ ✖ Doofus
Hyper ✔ ✖ ✖ Lazy
Pigpen ✖ ✔ ✖ Finicky

---------------------------------------------------
This is Geoff Green. He is called Geoff for no reason . Anyway, here's his stats:

Genius ✔ ✖ ✖ Doofus
Hyper ✖ ✖ ✔ Lazy
Independent ✖ ✔ ✖ Friendly
Pigpen ✖ ✖ ✔ Finicky

--------------------------------------------------
Now for my Crazy Cat Woman...

JODIE GREEN
She doesn't get out much, so she wears slippers for. Every. Single. Thing. [Yes, that includes Formal, Outwear and Athletic.]

The rest will be in a video that I will be putting a link to. Enjoy!

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Field Researcher
#13 Old 12th Feb 2012 at 3:43 AM
Lol, I'm totally doing this! I think I even have the perfect Sim for it.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 12:41 AM Last edited by Dagi_is_a_punk : 13th Feb 2012 at 12:54 AM.
OK, I'm ready to start the challenge now. Follows a pic spam with the house, Sim, cats, and a little explanation of the background story and overview of the cats' characteristics (warning: picture heavy!)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I read that the challenge requires a small house, the first thing that came to my mind was a trailer! I find it kind of suitable for a crazy cat lady to live in a trailer, plus I've been tempted to make one for quite some time now, so I figured this would be the ideal occasion to try it out. Here's the final result:

I guess I took the 'small house' line a bit too serious - I barely managed to stuff all 4 cat dishes, litter boxes and scratching posts into the home. And since I couldn't play the game without cheats to save my life, I used the move objects, snap objects to grid and allow 45 degree angle cheats while building the lot - I hope that's OK. I'm not going to use any cheats once I start playing, it would take the fun out of the challenge (and it would probably be against the rules anyway).
So, you've seen the home now. Time to meet it's owner: Ladies and gentlemen, I give you miss Rachiel Montgomery.

Once the heir of an immense fortune and a majestic mansion, Rachiel lost everything when his brother's ex-wife threw the family out of their own home after the divorce. Crazy but brilliant, reserved and a bit socially awkward, young Frederick (the brother) decided to cut all ties with society for good and dedicate the rest of his life to his inventions. He moved into an abandoned shack at the edge of town, and Rachiel had no choice but to follow.

She had no luck in love - the one she considered her boyfriend turned out to have a wife and children...and a pair of wings, and claws, and fangs.
Turned out he wanted Rachiel only for her rare blood type. Poor girl.
But Rachiel decided it was high time to stop whining over her misfortunate past and turn a new sheet in life - she'll leave her old life behind and start a new one as a cat breeder!
So she took all her savings and purchased a home of her own - a little trailer. It's not much, but it's still better than having to depend on an insane brother or blood-thirsty partner.

OK, we have a crazy lady now. Time to add some cats.
I decided to make it 3 female and 3 male cats of different breeds, colors and characteristics.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is Athos, the black male Ocicat. He seems to be keen on making noise.
Characteristics:
Genius * _ _ Doofus
Hyper _ * _ Lazy
Indipendent _ _ * Friendly
Aggressive * _ _ Cowardly
Pigpen _ * _ Finicky
________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grigori, a slender, odd-eyed male Oriental shorthair.
Genius * _ _ Doofus
Hyper _ _ * Lazy
Indipendent _ * _ Friendly
Aggressive _ * _ Cowardly
Pigpen _ _ * Finicky

Kafka, the male Turkish angora.

Genius _ _ * Doofus
Hyper _ * _ Lazy
Indipendent _ _ * Friendly
Aggressive _ _ * Cowardly
Pigpen _ * _ Finicky

Milla, a wonky-colored female Egyptian mau

Genius _ * _ Doofus
Hyper * _ _ Lazy
Indipendent * _ _ Friendly
Aggressive _ _ * Cowardly
Pigpen * _ _ Finicky

Frida, the hissy female tricolor. She makes the creepiest facial expressions (not this one).

Genius * _ _ Doofus
Hyper * _ _ Lazy
Aggressive * _ _ Cowardly
Pigpen _ * _ Finicky

Beatrice, the female Norwegian forest cat. She is my favorite of the bunch, I have to admit. She is all so big and cuddly and silly

Genius _ _ * Doofus
Hyper * _ _ Lazy
Aggressive _ * _ Cowardly
Pigpen * _ _ Finicky

I'll keep posting pics of the progress I make. I just hope I won't lose right away
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 1:25 AM
awesome pics guys <3 your kitties

and yay cant wait to hear how the challenge goes

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Field Researcher
#16 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Dagi_is_a_punk : 13th Mar 2012 at 1:25 AM.
Makin' progress
It's been 3 Sim days since Rachiel embraced her new lifestyle as a crazy cat lady. Time to show the progress with a fresh pic spam! (I hope the other challengees will soon post pics of their progress too, I feel kind of guilty for being the only one who picspams this thread )
Soon upon creating the felines and adding them to the family, I realized keeping the 100 points is not going to be a piece of cake. Guess what was the first thing the cats did when I moved them in?

Yeah...they scattered into the four winds and started clawing everything that got into their way. Milla took on the signpost, Athos went for the rock and Kafka decided to give the sunflowers a trim. Luckily for Rachiel (and for the poor sunflowers), I soon realized that you could stop the cats from scratching if you engage them into another activity, like playing cat teaser or giving out treats. So the first half hour of playing, all I did was run around the place and cuddle random cats to keep them from destroying the yard. Gotta keep those points, right?

But not all cats found scratching random objects entertaining. Frida, for instance, preferred taking flying lessons.

Anyway, I managed to keep all yard objects in one piece and the cats got bored from playing outside so they went inside the trailer.
To my pleasant surprise, all six of them behaved as civilized as it could be, neatly eating from their bowls and taking turns for the litter boxes.
Of course, they tried to scratch several pieces of furniture, but Rachiel managed to stop them with treats.
I decided to lock the front door for now; figured it would be easier to keep an eye on the cats when they're all on one place.

One thing I noticed about my felines was that they loved getting into the way. I mean really, really loved getting into the way.
Frida especially proved to be very talented for this kind of sport.

"Problem, human?"

Good thing that "getting into the way" doesn't qualify for losing points.
What does qualify, however, and what I feared ever since I started this challenge, was the cat-sleeping-in-bed part.
The first day was slowly coming to an end and the cats were growing sleepy (a few of them actually fell asleep on the floor).
I stuffed Rachiel with coffee to make her stay up as long as possible, and even though it worked quite good for a while, I couldn't keep doing it forever.

So I decided to send my crazy cat lady to bed. But guess who was already there?

Grigori, you little furry monster! He could've slept on the couch or the counter like all the other cats.
But, no. He had to plant his self-proclaimed royal feline @rse on the bed.
Oh well, there go my first -20 points.

These were just the pics from day 1. I have more, but I guess this is enough for one update. You got the general idea of how I'm doing, and that is the whole point, right?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 10:00 PM
yes lol nice progress its funny cause I had the same exact problems with them getting in the way and sleeping on the floor too. My sim would always try to get to the bed before any of the cats started getting tired. I didn't think of having my sim drink coffee though thats a good idea. My sim's fun and social were usually pretty low and once one of the cats destroyed the living room couch my sim wasnt able to really watch tv and relax.

anyways love the pics seems like the challenge is going well for you, cant wait for the next update =D

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 10:31 PM
Hahaha, yeah, my Sim is constantly leading a fight over the bed with the cats, too. The next night Grigori went on the bed again, but luckily the phone rang (I had to place it into the bedroom due to lack of space in the living room) and woke him up, so Rachiel could claim the bed after she was done talking. I guess that doesn't count as another -20,does it? And my Sim's aspiration meter isn't exactly the fullest, either, since all her fears consist of "Insert-cat-name-here scratches object", and all her wants are like "Praise/scold cat" (which I can't do). I'm holding up for the moment, but I wonder what will happen once she experiences complete aspiration failure. I'm guessing the cats will destroy half the house until the therapist leaves...Oh, the fun.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Feb 2012 at 8:59 PM Last edited by redpuppydog : 15th Feb 2012 at 9:41 PM.
Didn't see it listed in the rules, but is locking the cats out of the house permitted?

ETA: also, can the sim praise the cat for good behavior?

ETA: One more thing, can the cats get jobs?
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 1:03 AM
OMG! This challenge is so me! I'm going to have to try this one after i'm done with a challenge i'm working on.
I cant imagine how hard having 6 cats in one house. I have three and they can be quiet demanding.
Minipins Mai & Dagi, Your cat pics are so cute! <3
Field Researcher
#21 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by redpuppydog
Didn't see it listed in the rules, but is locking the cats out of the house permitted?

ETA: also, can the sim praise the cat for good behavior?

ETA: One more thing, can the cats get jobs?

I locked my cats inside the house for a couple of sim days because it seemed logical to me that a cat owner with many cats would keep their pets inside and not let them run all over the neighborhood like mad. Locking them outside, however, would sort of seem like cheating, since then the cats wouldn't have access to the furniture and therefore couldn't scratch or sit on it, and that is a pretty vital part of the challenge in my book.

The point here is to let the cats run amok and see how long your Sim can take it, so I'm guessing that doing anything that would limit or harness the cats in any way is not permitted. I don't think praising cats is allowed either, since that also influences their behavior. I'm not sure about the job, though. The rules say we can't teach the cats any behavior, and I assumed that includes tricks as well, so getting the cats jobs didn't even occur to me.

We'll have to wait for Minpinz to give us more detailed instructions
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 7:16 AM Last edited by HexYeah : 20th Feb 2012 at 7:53 AM.
I started the challenge yesterday and I got to say I'm having fun with it.
So far I'm already -20 points because Astrid one of my kitties destroyed my armchair.
I'll be posting my progress on my blog on my sig If anyone wants to see piccies. :D

~Edit~

I've only been doing this challenge for about two and a half hours, and I am already down to forty points.

-20 for Astrid destroying armchair
-20 for Phoenix sleeping on my bed. I ended up napping on the couch.
-20 for Kobe running away

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 11:24 AM
Nope can't lock the cats outside, if you want to lock them inside though, go for it Dont believe I've mentioned this before but you can stop the cats from attacking furniture with your sim by playing with them. Someone has already done that in this thread. You only lose 20 points if the cat manages to completely destroy a piece of furniture.

Simmerful on Tumblr

Simmerful Downloads
Field Researcher
#24 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HexYeah
I started the challenge yesterday and I got to say I'm having fun with it.
So far I'm already -20 points because Astrid one of my kitties destroyed my armchair.
I'll be posting my progress on my blog on my sig If anyone wants to see piccies. :D

~Edit~

I've only been doing this challenge for about two and a half hours, and I am already down to forty points.

-20 for Astrid destroying armchair
-20 for Phoenix sleeping on my bed. I ended up napping on the couch.
-20 for Kobe running away

Yes please, post pics! I'd love to see how you're doing.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 5:52 AM
This sounds perfect for my first challenge. XD I haven't used pets since this install of my game. (Last played last year.) Just wrote down the rules on a notepad beside me and here I go!
Page 1 of 3