Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Aug 2011 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420
Posting as: Eduardo Loco

Before Eduardo could give his reply to the seemingly rude doctor, the door was shut, and he was left alone again. He muttered, "Stupid woman. She forgot the verb. It's 'mi casa es su casa', but whatever." Eduardo continued to sit in his chair, because he had nothing else to do, and his mind was filled with boredom, loneliness, and the temptation to get out of this asylum as soon as possible.

(OOC)
three years of spanish and I forget my verbs. I'm so terrible!!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 12:33 AM
Aimee:
She was sitting with her head on the desk, eyes closed. Aimee jumped when her pager buzzed. At Dr. Payton's order, she leapt to her feet. She trotted down the hall to Eduardo's room. Gently, she knocked on the door and poked her head in. "Hello, Eduardo," she said kindly. "My name is Aimee, and I'll be your nurse tonight."

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Glambert, musical geek, and country girl.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 1:41 AM
Aimee:
Most women would be taken aback by Eduardo's comments, but not Aimee. She only chuckled and smiled. "I assure you, sir, prostitutes wouldn't touch this place with a thirty foot stick." It was true; they'd never had any issues with propositions. "And if you're certain there's nothing I can get you, I'll go back to the front desk." She pointed to his call light. "Press that if you need me," Though she turned to leave, she didn't walk out until he spoke.

Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 3:11 AM
Aimee:
She nodded and started down the hall, sitting behind the desk and reading over a few of the patients' files to see how their days had gone. Aimee smiled, seeing there were no major incidents since Alexis had written on the wall last night. The memory made her frown, and she propped her elbow on the desk and rested her chin on her palm. "I'm so sorry, Alexis," she murmured to herself, sighing. "I wish I could help. I wish I could help all of you to get well and leave this place." Aimee chewed on her lip. "It's no place to live."

Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 3:43 AM
Bethany:

Jia's hand was held out to her, stunned Bethany walked forward in the music room. The clack of her shoes was the only sound in the room. Bethany stopped infront of Jia, smiled then took his hand. It was cold but sweaty, an unusual feeling in bethany's hand. "let's get you some grub Jia" Bethany stated then pushed open the door of the room that had magic in music.
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:00 AM
Jia:

Jia smiled as the warm hand clasped his smaller one. The sounds of pattering feet through the echoing hallways caught his attention vaguely. They walked slowly, pacing themselves through the halls. As he passes Alecia's room his eyes lingered on the door before turning away sadly. 'Where are you?' he wondered, 'Are you Alexis or Alicia?'

They continued on to the cafeteria, passing the nurse station where nurse Aimee stood looking wonderingly into space. He wondered where her mind was. 'Fat away', he thought, 'just where I want to be.'
He stopped suddenly and pulled on Nurse Bethanys hand and looked at Aimee expectantly.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 7:04 PM
Aimee:
Blinking a few times, Aimee snapped out of her trance to look down at Jia. At his words, she looked at him with sorrowful eyes and a sad smile. "And how I wish I could take you there, sweetie." She sighed. "That isn't up to me; it's up to Dr. Payton. I'm just here to care for you, she makes all the final decisions."

Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 4:38 AM
OOC

I am so sorry I haven't been on lately, guys! School starts next week and it's been hectic here. I won't be able to continue until things are settled a little bit, so at the most by Wednesday next week. Sorry! =D
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletxStorm
OOC

I am so sorry I haven't been on lately, guys! School starts next week and it's been hectic here. I won't be able to continue until things are settled a little bit, so at the most by Wednesday next week. Sorry! =D

Thats okay! We'll do a pause scene for you or something like that, haha. No worries and I hope you enjoy your new school year!!
Test Subject
#35 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 7:45 AM
Jia:

Jia nodded sullenly before turning and slightly tugging on the hand holding his. As they continued down the halls their steps echoed until they came face to face with...
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 7:52 AM
Dr. Payton:

Dr. Payton sat stiffly in her office looking over documents and other important stuff. She stared wearily out the window and startled as the phone gave a sharp ring. Her hand reached out and automatically her monotone voice rang out, "Nighway Institution for the Mentally Unstable this is Dr. Payton speaking how may I help you?" The voice on the other line went on and on and Dr. Payton listened attentively but absently. When the call finished she hung up hurriedly before flipping the intercom switch. "Nurse Aimee and Nurse Bethany report to my office. Now."
Test Subject
#37 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 7:10 PM
Bethany:

"Nurse Aimee and Nurse Bethany report to my office. Now." Dr. Payton's irritated voice rang out from the intercom, making Bethany jump. "Jia I am going to have to leave you here, would you please report in to the lunch time supervisor?" Bethany waited for Jia's reply but none came,she smiled at Jia, turned and walked hastily out of the good smelling cafeteria. on the way to Dr.Payton's office Bethany bumped into the always good looking Dr.Jacobson. "hello sir, going to check on Alexis?" Bethany asked "Yes, i heard you were there during her panic attack"Dr.Jacobson replied "Aimee injected Vallium into her blood stream, she should be waking soon. I should rush off now" and with that the conversation was over. Bethany entered Dr. Payton's office. Someone Bethany thought she ould never see again was sitting beside Dr.Payton. "Dr. What is this?" Bethany asked shocked.
Test Subject
#38 Old 25th Aug 2011 at 9:15 AM Last edited by pluumish : 26th Aug 2011 at 7:38 PM. Reason: corrections
Default Blue Awakes

OOC: Guys! So sorry for my absence during all of this character development. People are over at my house too much. 'xD
I'm sorry for this awkward interjection in your posts. I tried to make it as smooth as possible. u-u

This routine, it's growing old.
Her eyes opened, lashes batted, the pupils adjusted to the florescent lighting. Awaiting her was a cold cell, barren, with only stiff cot resting her head. The mattress felt like iron and the springs had left bruises in her skin. All this was a giant cage to trap the wild animals--but it wasn't a zoo; it was a lab for rats to be pumped with chemicals. Blue knew exactly why she resided in this place, even after such a pleasant dream. Her own mischief created this, but really, was such isolation necessary? She needed medication, not an insane asylum. At least, this is what she believed.

She managed to rise up in the cot; wrapped the covers about her frail body, but it didn't stop the shaking. The tremors never ceased. Her eating habits left her body frail and weak. One pigeon's meal a day, sometimes a pump crammed down her throat. Blue felt like an old woman, counting down the moments. There were times she felt herself so close to dying it reminded her of the mock near death hallucinations she had experienced smoking DMT during her days as an artist.
What is kind of life is this anyway? In a place like this, I'd rather die.

She knew of the others but rarely even made eye contact. Alexis, the young one with split personalities who had supposedly killed her own family. Alexis she feared. Jia, the small boy, she enjoyed seeing him about. She had spoken few words to him, but he offered something comforting that she couldn't understand. Perhaps it was the maternal nature instilled within her to protect such a young thing, but Blue was afraid for him in this place. She did not trust the nurses. She never made to harm them, the lithium doses were too strong. Blue only cast a spiteful glance or an occasional snide remark, usually whispered--out of earshot. The nurses kept her next to an alleged cannibal. Burning down a building, doing a few drugs, in her opinion, was nothing compared to eating another human being.

Nothing added up in the asylum. Each day consisted of the same routine, and over the course of six months she had grown to know every detail of the place. Yet, something still felt wrong. An eerie sense of mystery lingered about, as though there were something that she had missed. Hidden rooms? Maybe. Hidden agendas? Most likely. The staff was certainly ominous. The janitors that passed all had a crazed look in their eye, and even a few of the so called 'caretakers' felt off. Some seemed more batty than Alexis. However, she really hadn't noticed it until that incident during the third month of her entrapment in the asylum. They had allowed her to room with another ex-arsonist due to good behavior. She had been a sweet girl, but Blue could barely remember her name--something like Paula or Patrice. One night, unable to sleep, they had exchanged a conversation regarding a staff member experimenting with sedation drugs on a patient and sometimes dragging them off somewhere, only to return the patients with fat lips, gashes, and bruised eyes.
Blue shuddered. She hadn't thought of that girl in a while.

It's scary, really. How the next day, after she told me all that. . .they took her away, and I never saw her again. They wouldn't talk about it at all. . .They just moved me into a room even deeper within the asylum. My other room had windows, and I was next to. . .much saner people. What happened? What happened to make them move me into this hell? I had been nothing but quiet and obedient. . .what happened? Suddenly, a rap at the door snapped Blue from her thoughts.

Just outside she could make out some nurse, dressed in her stark white uniform. She wasn't sure which it was. They all looked the same, blending into the walls and the decor. The door was unlatched and the nurse all too cheerfully called for lunch.
F*ck you, you fat wh*re.

Blue wanted to scream, she wanted to take one of the nails suspending the cot and stab her in the eye, drill it into her brain. She wanted to get her by the collar of her uniform and scream, I want answers about this f*cking place. I want ANSWERS, but instead, she smiled.
"Of course, love. I'll be going now."
Blue slipped past the nurse and into the hallway, the nurse's voice echoed down the empty corridor, "Now make sure you actually eat something this time, we don't want to have to use the pump again do we? And make sure you go straight to the cafeteria. I have my eye on you!"
Test Subject
#39 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 3:53 AM
occ: i wish i could be that nurse, but my character is kinda in t
hata office. everyone here has amazing writing capabilities!
Test Subject
#40 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 4:27 AM
OOC: Hmm. . . Perhaps I should edit it so that she gets out? Haha, an escape attempt. Although, I can't think of why the door would be left ajar/unlocked. If anyone thinks I should edit the ending just let me know, otherwise I'm not sure how she would leave the room. . . O:
Test Subject
#41 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 6:38 PM
OOC:

WOW!!! I loved that!! Hm, I've been trying to yhink of a good person she hasnt seen in forever, haha. Sorry I'm keeping you prisoner DX
Test Subject
#42 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 6:58 PM
Dr. Payton:

Dr. Payton smiled as Bethany entered the room. The man in the red chair stood tall, his long black hair was pulled in to a loose pony tail at the nape of his neck. His blue eyes glittered softly in the dim lights.
"Dr. What is this?" Bethany asked.
Dr. Payton laughed softly. "Bethany. This is Tristian. Tristian has recently been appointed by a, higher authority." she said sourly. " He is not a full time doctor, however. He however is here to take evaluation of the staff and to also take Alexis. Bethany I'm sure your capable of handling him, arent you? I havent the time to show him around. Make sure he is well taken care of and for heavens sake don't forget to check on your patients. Now, I'm sure you two have some catching up to do. Out now, hop to it."
Test Subject
#43 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:21 PM
Jia:

Jia sat at the long table thinking silently. The food in front of him didn't look as good in the tray as it did written on the menu. They always gave him small portions. Quarter of a sandwich, hand full on salty potato chips, three peace slices, and a small hand full of salad. Sure it sounded great but the sandwich had stale crust, the chips were a bit too salty, the salad withered, and the peaches too sweet. Jia hated sweet things. They made his mouth ache. Suddenly the thought of remaining in the large room became most unappealing. He quietly stood, ignoring the orderly reprimanding him for not touching his food, and left to wander the hallway. His foot falls became his own metronome, his heart beat his own song. No matter how he looked at it, the idea of being predictable weighed heavily on his mind. He didn't know why, but for some reason he felt something other. Something....
Jia's foot falls faltered. His eyes swam as visions, places, people, flew by his minds eye at a rapid speed. His head hurt something terrible. He tried his best to latch on to an image. The image of a young woman with long raven hair and narrow smiling eyes latched on to him. In her arms she held a squirming infant, its tuffs of raven hair clashing with its pale blotchy skin. He felt something familiar. His heart gave a painful lurch, as he fell to his knees. In his mind he looked for more. More details more answers. His breathes grew harsh and his eyes teared up. as his hands gripped his coarse black hair. Breathing became a novelty and as his vision began to dim from the lack of oxygen, his rarely used voice let out one sorrow filled plea pass his cracked lips. "Mama!"
Test Subject
#44 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:53 PM
OOC: Edited the end of my post so as not to mess up anyone's positions. I hope it's okay I took some liberties with an imaginary nurse. Dx

Oh, and, to KimEunJung and Violetx: I was just thinking, maybe it would be useful to create some sort of schedule to put in the introduction post made by Violetx, so it would be easier for people to keep up with what's going on in the RP without having to go pages back to read (once this picks up). It could list the time of day and have the appropriate time in bold, just for example:
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Everyone could, in turn, set that as the title of their posts depending on what is bold on the list, that way if someone popped in after not being on for a few days they could find what is highlighted and look it up in the posts for current activity without unnecessary backtracking. O:
Just an idea. n-n
Test Subject
#45 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 8:42 PM Last edited by pluumish : 26th Aug 2011 at 8:43 PM. Reason: Grammar fixes. ;p
Default Blue Finds

I've got to get out of here soon, or I'll be just like her, Blue thought as she shuffled through the cold, murky corridor. Never knowing who to trust made the idea impossible. Who was honestly mad, and who was like her? She knew there had to be others in a similar circumstance to her own, but she didn't know how to find them. It wasn't so easy making friends here, for, in this dungeon there were cunning manipulators who would rat you out to the higher ups, and those who could have a breakdown at any moment and shriek like a banshee alerting all staff nearby.

The smell of rancid food wafted past, and soon she stood in the doorway of the cafeteria. The sight made her want to vomit. A sea of moans lifted from the tables and nurses were everywhere helping victims cram poison down their throats. The ones that could eat by themselves slowly shoved the slop in their mouths, not talking amongst one another, never making eye contact, never disobeying. Blue frowned as she scanned the over this empire of waste. These battered people need a revolution. . .

Blue wasted no time slipping away from the cafeteria. She walked swiftly down the hall, keeping an open ear and a trained eye peeled for the staff. There was much to lose if she got caught snooping around the asylum. She had heard of what happened to those in solitary, even the sweetest would enter a wild rage after buckling under the pressure.

She came to a halt somewhere close to the old music room, having heard a whimpering cry. Blue bit her lip and brought her hands to her chest, clutching the area around her heart. Who could that be? Or. . .what could it be? The wail sounded ghostly as it tossed about the corridor, and Blue couldn't help but think of the girl that never came back. What if. . .?

At the source of the cry, she found not the ghost of her missing companion, but rather a small boy who appeared to be writhing in pain. She watched as he collapsed to his knees, and she could barely catch the faint hiss that passed his lips. Had he called out for his mother? Blue padded softly over to the boy, for fear of startling him and worsening his condition. She kneeled down beside him and came to a startling realization, "Jia!"

She wrapped her arms around the small things' shoulders, now truly concerned for someone other than herself for the first time since that girl. Who did this? Could it be that it was the same people that hurt her. . .? Although she knew the chances were slim to none, she couldn't help but let that sinking fear inch over her body.

"Jia, Jia, it's okay," she whispered as she held his shoulders, rocking back and forth. She didn't want to call the nurses. She was afraid what they might do if they discovered she had been outside of her designated area, and also afraid that they might cast their anger over Jia. She did not know what his privileges and limitations were.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 2:23 AM
OOC: I just started school this week, I'm so sorry for taking so long to post!
Aimee:
Aimee's shoes clacked lightly on the hallway's floor as she walked along. She heard voices, and with a frown, turned to peek down one of the corridors, near the music room. She stepped closer and heard gasping breaths. Blue's voice, soft and gentle. Quietly she entered the room. When she saw what was going on, she watched for a moment before clearing her throat and speaking in a kind tone. "Blue, if you need me to, I've got him. I promise you, he won't come to harm." Her heart ached for these men, women and children. They didn't deserve this.

Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 5:17 AM
Occ: I am going camping for a few days, and will not be back and able to post until th 31st. So sorry!

Bethany: hurt and anger filled Bethany's head. This vile man was the reason her beloved sister was gone. You couldn't want more than revenge against him, to lock him up in one of the punishment cells and let him die a painful slow death. Bethany taking steps tword him just made her hear tspeed up. Her breathing rate increased and then, the world went black. Bethany was in a different place where her sister was alive and happy, there was no hurt anger or lies. Most of all the people at the instituion, all of them were free an treated. I must be dreaming, bethany thought "though, this is the most beautiful dream I have ever known" Bethany had intact fainted.,
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 9:01 PM
Default Blue Afraid

A shuffle came from just behind, and Blue scrambled to her feet. She nearly felt animalistic and invincible for a moment, as though entering a manic episode, and she felt as though she would tear the woman to shreds. She would not let anyone hurt the young thing writhing on the ground. Even if it meant solitary, or lobotomy, or whatever the capital punishment in the hellhole was--she would defend Jia. Her fist was balled so tight that her fingernails were puncturing the skin, she was about to raise her arm when the nurse spoke,
"Blue, if you need me to, I've got him. I promise you, he won't come to harm."

Taken aback, Blue's sudden rush of adrenaline left as quickly as it had come. A nurse had really just said that? Perhaps this one is different? Her world was essentially turned upside down at that moment, and she did not know how to handle it. Never had a nurse spoken in such a way in front of her.

Normally it's, 'Get back in your room now before I alert such and such. . .sometimes even a swift slap across the cheek or a syringe in your arm. . .

Regaining some composure, Blue couldn't hide her frustration, "What's wrong with him? Did they do something? Did that Doctor do something to him?" Her brow furrowed. "This place is really f*cked up, lady. Do you realize what's going on?"

Images of her old companion rang throughout her thoughts.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 9:45 PM
Aimee:
Wincing, she watched Jia as he continued to writhe on the floor. She bit her lip hard, tears stung her eyes but she blinked them back rapidly and took a few shallow breaths before she could speak. "He's having a panic attack." The words hung in the air for a moment as Aimee walked closer. "He has post-traumatic stress disorder. Did he say anything before he started...?" She let her sentence trail off. "To my knowledge, no, nothing was done. Though I agree, this is a hell hole. We're understaffed, don't have enough money, and most of our staff have no idea how to treat our patients." Her fingers curled into her palm, nails digging into her flesh. A shudder ran over her body. "Blue..." She paused. "I'm so sorry."

Test Subject
#50 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 12:02 AM
Default Blue Considers

"He's having a panic attack."
Blue stood there seeped in a toxic silence. The young woman appeared to be just as concerned for Jia's safety. The strange nurse had glossy eyes and a quivering lip; actual human emotions shone across her face. No other staff member held this disposition, at least that Blue was aware of. Perhaps the nurses truly were in the dark about the strange events occurring in the dark of this weird labyrinth. Or perhaps this nurse was an informant to a higher up, lying through her teeth.
No, I'm being paranoid.

Blue felt questions rising, but she locked them away for now. There would be many, many more days within the asylum and far more opportune times to ask these questions. And she needed Jia safe before she could dare to ask. . .who that dark man had been that dragged her companion off into the depths of the labyrinthine asylum. . .

The nurse spoke once again, lingering closer to Blue and Jia, "He has post-traumatic stress disorder. Did he say anything before he started...?" She let her voice leave her for a moment as she collected herself a bit, then continued, "To my knowledge, no, nothing was done. Though I agree, this is a hell hole. We're understaffed, don't have enough money, and most of our staff have no idea how to treat our patients," she drew a heavy breath, and said, "Blue. . .I'm so sorry."

A wave of relief passed over Blue's paranoid mind, and her muscles uncoiled from their rigid state. The nurse transcended her status as a devil and formed before her very eyes as a beacon of hope.
"D-don't apologize," Blue stammered, half in shock half hoping--praying--that she had found a true heart in the asylum, "Please, just help this boy. I heard him muttering to himself just before he collapsed on the ground. I could barely catch it, but I'm almost positive he was calling out for his mother. Please, do something, he's hurting." She cast an anxious glance over at Jia, whose condition did not seem to be improving.

She knew it might be foolish of her to be so trusting right off the bat with this woman, but she couldn't do anything for Jia in her position. I'm just as f*cked as he is, they wouldn't listen to me. The best she could do is hope that the nurse would do the right thing, take him to the infirmary. . .something, anything.
Page 2 of 4