Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 10:10 PM
My key trait doesn't actually exist in the sims - I am not totally at home in this 'modern age' and would love to have been born during the time of say ... .Nelson, Napoleon, Lord Byron or Jane Austen and there my heart lies ... Family rumor has it that I burst into tears and cried for days because we didn't own an coach and horses, I was three years old! so I suspect Insane might cover it ...

*flaps fan and leaves the room*
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 10:16 PM
Shy- I am extremely so, worried about other people judging me like everyone else my age- a whiny idiot who complains when she breaks a nail (Sorry if your not like this but most people my age who I meet act like that)

Loner-I just prefer to be alone. Nothing wrong with that, unlike what my family thinks. I need my time alone or I will be snapping heads left and right.

Bookworm- It is still weird to see me without a book in my hand, though most of the time now it's a notebook to write in. My favorite place to be is the library and my room could double as one.

Animal Lover- Cats, Horses, Fish, Bird, Snakes, Rats, Tarantulas, Dogs. I love them all and could see myself owning at least one at some point in my life.

Hot Headed- Once I'm mad don't talk to me for at least 30 minutes if you value your life. I need to be alone and I need to cool down or I can come up with some of the most hurtful things you have ever heard.

Sailor- I love everything to do with water and would love to live on a boat someday.

Clumsy- Well, it's the truth. Someday I can barely walk without tripping over my own two feet. I often find cuts, bruises and scratches that I couldn't tell you how I got them. I have always manged to get my belt loop caught in a door handle, fall though (yes, though not down) a flight of steps and very famously tripped and gave myself a bloody nose on nothing.

Dislikes Children- I just can't stand them. They're loud, they act like glue and when you tell them no, they go and cry about it and make you seem like a terrible person. The only thing worse then a spoiled rotten kid is the spoiled rotten kids mom. It may change in the future but so far I wouldn't mind only have cats as my only kids.

Nurturing- I know contrariety but I am-just not in the sims sense. I love my friends and family and they matter most to me. I've been told that I just always know the right things to say and do to make people feel better. I live by a quote "I want to be remember as the girl who could brighten your day, even if I can't brighten my own."
Scholar
#53 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 10:19 PM
How did you even find this thread? It's been dead for nearly 2 years.
But while I'm here:

Clumsy - I am literally the clumsiest human being that has ever walked the Earth. I have fallen over while standing still on a flat surface, consistently walking into the cinema when it's dark, almost fell out of a window and fall down the stairs every week.
Hot Headed - I like punching people in the face and imagining them dying in my head. I'm psychopathic.
Absent Minded - I completely forget things such as what I'm doing, what day it is, what year it is, my birthday, my name, etc.
Good Sense Of Humour - I laugh a lot.
Heavy Sleeper - When my room got new carpets the people came and took all the furniture out my room while I was sleeping, until my mam had to wake me up so they could takes the bed out

Bookworm - I love reading
Procrastinator - The last minute is too early.
Kleptomaniac - When I see random things lying around I just take them.
Pyromaniac - Burn things a lot.
Brave/Stupid - I do things normal people wouldn't. Such as jumping out of a tree head first.
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
My key trait doesn't actually exist in the sims - I am not totally at home in this 'modern age' and would love to have been born during the time of say ... .Nelson, Napoleon, Lord Byron or Jane Austen and there my heart lies ... Family rumor has it that I burst into tears and cried for days because we didn't own an coach and horses, I was three years old! so I suspect Insane might cover it ...

*flaps fan and leaves the room*

Closest thing to that I can think of would be Proper. The animations and interactions that come with it are perhaps closer to the stereotypical mannerisms associated with Victorian aristocrats than they are to the very beginning of the nineteenth century, but it'd at least suggest that your sim looks back to a bygone age to some degree. And besides, Proper is awesome. Bow! Curtsey! Slap some cad with one's glove and accuse him of having poor breeding! :P
Instructor
#55 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 10:31 PM
My traits
Shy (I have an extremely hard time talking to new people, and worry obsessively about saying something dumb and being thought to be an idiot.)
Night Owl (I'm routinely up til 2 in the morning, and sometimes until dawn)
Bookworm (I have so many books I've run out of shelf space for them, and they are now stacked in piles on the floor, and I can rarely bear to get rid of one)
Cat Person (we always had cats when I was growing up and I just love them, I miss having a cat in the house)
Absent Minded (I'm always walking into a room and having to think to remember why I walked into the room, putting stuff down and forgetting where I put it 30 seconds later, etc)
Mad Poster
#56 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 11:48 PM
I already posted a list of traits that would suit me but fuck it I'ma do it again.

There are too many traits that would fit me.

Absent minded: I forget things. A lot. Such as, forgetting to add absent minded to a list of appropriate self Sim traits. (No, I'm not kidding. This is the first time I remembered i. I am dumb.)
Bookworm: Self explanatory, no?
Insane:* I dress weird, I talk weird, my sense of humour is weird. I am weird. And am often called insane. :P
Neurotic:* Not visibly neurotic, it's more noticable in one on one conversations, but I do tend to shit myself in worry about what someone thinks of me when I'm not used to talking to them.
Couch potato: FUCK. EXERCISING.
Heavy sleeper: On numerous occasions since moving in with my friend, she has tried to wake me. Failed. Tried to get the DOG to wake me. Failed. Literally worried I was dead.
Slob: I'm gross and don't care if somewhere is dirty. My room is an unholy tip.
Brooding: I can be a miserable asshole at times. :P
Easily impressed: Eh. Also pretty self explanatory.
Inappropriate: Oh boy, no mental filter. I swear in front of kids because I don't think, for example. Or tell stories about the horrors of severe constipation that I've read to people with bowel issues. And then think 'whoops' later.
Loner: FUCK GOING OUT. COMPUTER NEEDS ME.
Socially awkward: People? In real life? Shit no. Computer. SKYRIM. <3
Cat person: I will become a crazy cat person. I will own all the cats. ALL. THE CATS. Including yours.
Childish:* Fart jokes = height of comedy. (Okay in my defence that's an exaggeration but I still laugh.)
Family orientated: Perhaps not so much any more, but I used to think that I'd shit out as many babbies as humanly possible.
Night owl: Bedtime = 7am. Working on that atm. :P

*These traits fit in name, but not by in game behaviour. I don't check the sink in case it's turned on every five minutes or play with kids' toys. ...Partly because we don't have any.
One Minute Ninja'd
#57 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 1:34 AM
Ok, I'll play too.

Adult male
Body sliders pretty much the middle
Brown hair, short trimmed beard (more than stubble, but not much more)

Traits:
Animal lover. I like cats, but have always had dogs (like my screen name is so hard to figure out). I also love and ride horses. And I brake for rabbits.
Good Sense of Humor. If you can get it. If you can't, I really don't care
Light Sleeper. God, I miss the gift of youth of sleeping for 12 hours straight.
Flirty. Not to my advantage. More like an addiction. An expensive one at that.
Computer Whiz. Been playing with them since the days of punch cards.

Bonus traits.
For being a Rebel. Avant Garde. I love being able to talk about obscure music now even as a sim .
For Uni degree. Neurotic. I like checking the stove 3 times before I go to bed.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
I love being able to talk about obscure music now even as a sim .

HIPSTER SPOTTED

:P
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 3:18 AM
Traits: Computer Whiz, Animal Lover, Childish (can be replaced with Clumsy), Athletic, Dramatic (can be replaced with Snob although the most correct one is not in the game: Vain).
Forum Resident
#60 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 3:35 AM Last edited by tigerex_13 : 8th Jul 2013 at 2:45 AM.
Traits:Athletic,i spend 4-6 hours a day training
Loner,people?where?*runs away*
Loves the outdoors,no i don't want to go back indoors yet!!
animal lover
gatherer(because i'm always finding random stuff)
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 6:03 AM Last edited by Arithmancer : 6th Jul 2013 at 6:25 AM.
The most relevant traits are in bold.

Bookworm - at current count, I've read 31 books so far this calendar year, not including rereads (of which there are many). This is normal for me. 'Nuff said.
Night Owl - if I had my way, I would never wake up before 10 AM, ever.
Heavy sleeper - when stress isn't making me an insomniac (hello grad school, why do you ruin everyone's health?), I sleep like the proverbial log. I often have to set two alarms and put them out of reach to ensure that I wake up.
Genius - in the Sims' sense of someone with a talent for logic and deduction. BA in theoretical math, to start with. In a broader sense, I'm not sure there is such a thing as genius, since so much of what gets perceived as intelligence is really a mixture of privilege (opportunity) and work ethic, and it's not like intelligence is really uni-dimensional anyway.
Brooding - too damn introspective for my own good ... or anyone else's
Nurturing - I like kids and kids tend to like me, and I definitely want to be a parent someday (for now I just spoil my little cousins and my friends' children rotten because I love finding baby clothes and creative toys). I'd say family-oriented, except that I'd never choose to put aside my career to be a stay-at-home mom (not criticizing those who so choose, I just know that I personally would go insane without intelligent adult interaction at least some of the day), and while I'd like 2-3 kids, that family-oriented LTW of five children is just... definitely never happening in my life.
Cat person - meow!
Ambitious - achievement oriented, and not performing well makes me super anxious/unhappy. Outgrew perfectionism (realized it was hindering more than helping, worked hard on letting go with the help of supportive friends), but still hungry for achievement, even if I have moved considerably away from external validation and toward internal validation as I've gotten older. Still set on a high-achiever path (and sometimes question if it's worth it--see brooding--until I take too much time off and get restless), and unlikely to exit at this point.
Slob - not about personal hygiene, about which I'm super careful (borderline hypochondriac), or about organization of books/papers/computer. But amazingly capable of ignoring mess around me, like piles of clothing, surfaces in need of scrubbing, etc. I force my Sims to be manically clean, but I detest cleaning and will practice willful blindness to my surroundings in order to avoid it.

If there were "loyal" and "candid/honest" traits they'd both apply, but to my knowledge we don't have them, so.

Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89

I used to feel that way, until I realized that (1) I am female, and (2) I would have spent the entirety of my life as an irrelevant bluestocking had I lived before, say, the 1920s (when at least I could have enjoyed the careers of Dorothy Parker and Dorothy L. Sayers and so forth). So I've come to terms with the modern world, and take succor from private enjoyment of Georgette Heyer novels and the like. I still think that I'd look better in period clothes (though unsure about corsets: hella sexy, hella uncomfortable). Spent my entire childhood (and most of my adult internal life, if we're being painfully honest) immersed in fantasy and historical fiction, because awesomeness (as a child, my second favorite part of science fiction conventions was the regency dancing, for which I was usually 20-30 years younger than anyone else, but it was so. damn. great). But when I think about household chores, hygiene, medicine, government, banking, and all other practicalities of life, I am 100% thrilled to be female in the 21st century. But I definitely have awkward moments of accidentally using regency idioms (or barely stopping myself from using them)...
Scholar
#62 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 6:07 AM Last edited by Fentonparkninja : 14th Jul 2013 at 6:52 AM. Reason: grammar, plus one more that fits
  • Flirty - in the sense that a compliment on your clothes, hair or something else is likely to be followed with a wink and a slight smile.
  • Sense of Humor - whether it's 'good' is in the eye of the beholder, but most conversations I have, or remarks I make, are peppered with wisecracks.
  • Good - outside of videogames, I get a kick out of making others happy or seeing them enjoy something I helped bring about.
  • Night Owl - I generally don't enjoy being active during the day - I prefer to sleep until it's evening, though I only get to do so in the weekends.
  • Handy - mostly as a side-effect of my occupation.
  • Vampire - well, not really, but I can't tolerate prolonged exposure to bright sunlight and I get dehydrated/sunstroke in hot conditions easily. Plus I enjoy neck biting, so I'll take this.
Scholar
#63 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BL00DIEDHELL
*These traits fit in name, but not by in game behaviour. I don't check the sink in case it's turned on every five minutes or play with kids' toys. ...Partly because we don't have any.
Sinks or kid's toys?
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Sinks or kid's toys?
Sinks. They've all been taken for laboratory use, to support her dastardly egg-harvesting experiments. There's not a trait that would really capture the horror of it.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Sinks or kid's toys?

Si-

Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Sinks. They've all been taken for laboratory use, to support her dastardly egg-harvesting experiments. There's not a trait that would really capture the horror of it.

GODDAMN IT I TOLD YOU THAT IN PRIVATE

But no. I used to spend a fair bit of time playing with my little sister's toys in my teens >___>.

...Also I just realised that on page two, I already posted a bunch of traits. And then this thread was necro'd and I did it again on this page. Fucking. Absent minded.
One Minute Ninja'd
#66 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 8:57 PM
You listed absent minded in your most recent trait post, remember?
Mad Poster
#67 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 10:28 PM
Yeah. Honestly I'm beginning to think that absent minded is my most important trait. :P
Scholar
#68 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 11:58 PM
Oh boy...

Well, the staples would probably be:
Virtuoso
Artistic (not because I'm any good, mind you, but because I enjoy drawing)
Clumsy
Couch Potato
Slob

And then extras... to make things interesting:
Lucky
Loves the Heat
Brooding
Proper (Well, I try)
Shy/Loner
Socially Awkward
Unflirty (^^^^LOL I WONDER WHY)
Ambitious
Perfectionist
Cat Person
Frugal

Also, I guess Commitment Issues should be on there, too. I have a hard time committing to long term projects, and following through on goals I set for myself :/ EDIT: In a bizarre twist, I would most likely also be a Hopeless Romantic, because I'm SO LONELY, PLEASE HALP

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 12:24 AM
Well, I have mine listed in my signature, but I'll explain each:

Snob: More Materialistic than Vain. I rarely talk about myself and I'm far from conceited, but I adore the finer things in life (food, clothes, electronics, money, etc.). And I complain about everything being low-quality. I'd eat at sit-down restaurants everyday if I could. Or have a personal chef.

Couch Potato: I'm notoriously lazy. I despise working out and pretty much anything that requires effort. On that note, I only watch TV when I come home for the holidays. It should be named Mouse Potato.

Childish: My friends call me 'Baby [insert real name']' because I'm the youngest and act the youngest. I've been known to react to things in a childlike manner, for the better and the worse.

Inappropriate: I have a knack for saying, well, inappropriate things at the wrong time and offending people. I also tend to not give a fuck what I'm wearing or how I look, compounding with my Couch Potato trait.

Eco-Friendly: I guess this would be my saving grace. lol My passion is the environment and I take it very seriously. I'm often lecturing and scolding my friends and family on how to be more green.

I'd be quite the Sim.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#70 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 2:35 AM
my 5:
Animal Lover (being, primarily, Cat Person)
Brooding, bookworm
Commitment Issues
Dislikes Children
Great Sense of Humour

others:
(i've heard that i'm a great kisser but i feel real goofy putting that. and i'm a vegetarian but it's not really a defining trait so i left it off the official list. others i left off: excitable, good, night owl, supernatural fan, shy, couch potato)
Mad Poster
#71 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 6:44 AM
I had to think about this as my traits would change as new ones are introduced. My top 5 would be:

Cat Person
Brooding
Commitment Issues (not that I can't be monogamous, I don't wish to be bothered)
Dislike Children (some odd reason kids love me)
Great Sense of Humor (not that I am good at being funny, but I love to laugh)

Others would be Natural Cook, Angler, Bookworm, and Hotheaded. Yes, I cuss up a storm just for stubbing my toe.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#72 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 7:44 AM
adding hotheaded to my list might be a good idea(thank you lewis for reminding me) i swear often enough that i can make my army mates blush
Field Researcher
#73 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 2:46 PM
My traits, as mentioned in the MTS members as townies-thread are:

Dislikes children - Really. Ironically, kids like me (I could be classified as Childish too, if there were more trait slots, maybe my Nerd influence trait?) and I've worked as Teacher's assistant, basically helping the adhd kinds or angry kids from troubled homes. Didn't make me any fonder of children though.
couch potato - I'm lazy. I go for computer intead of TV though. I hate exersizing.
charismatic - I'm quite charming when I want to. I'm lively and cheerful.
bookworm - I love to read. I don't however write myself, too lazy :P
hopeless romantic - I'm a sucker for romance, old movies, sweet puppy-love, stuff like that. Another additional trait might be Proper, since old-fashiod-ness is tied to both my romantcism and bookwormyness.
Alchemist
#74 Old 8th Jul 2013 at 5:56 PM
My traits:

Loves to swim
Hopeless romantic
Animal lover (dog person)
Green thumb
Night owl

Additionals:
Sailor
Nurturing
Artistic
Alchemist
#75 Old 11th Jul 2013 at 5:42 AM
primarily:

Supernatural Fan
Night Owl
Cat Person
Couch Potato
Absent Minded
Brooding
Snob

extra:

Equestrian
Artistic
Good Sense of Humor
Loves the Outdoors
Bookworm
Brave
Childish
Family Oriented
Grumpy
Unflirty
Lucky
Slob
Socially Awkward

(there needs to be a Sucks At Math trait. it is essential for a me-sim.)

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Page 3 of 7