Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Blender 2.65 TS3 Slot Editor Updated 6-23-17?!

by cmomoney Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 6:16 PM - Updated 23rd Jun 2017 at 7:24 AM by cmomoney

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 2:48 AM
Very Cool! Thanks CMO!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Sep 2011 at 4:28 AM
Wonderful work and a great alternative to people who do not use TSRW. Must have!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 6:42 AM
Very useful indeed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 8:13 AM
I love this tool! I really like it that I can now snap the slots to the mesh in Blender and get them easily arranged.

I am still going to add the new slots in TSRW though, there you can enter the slot name in plain text. But arranging the slots is definitely much easier with this tool.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Oct 2011 at 9:33 PM
Updated: added buttons to toggle x-ray visibility of slots.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 1st Nov 2011 at 3:58 PM
Thank you
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2011 at 7:55 PM
Updated: Now new slot names get automatically hashed.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 6:06 PM
I think I love you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 6:35 AM
I'v Wanted to make some Poses! Thanks!!!!!!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 6:55 AM
Default Error message after importing
I just cannot get this to work. After I go File->Import->Sims 3 RSLT and choose the file, I get the error message that I have attached a picture of.

If I understood correctly I changed the name of io_TS3_rslt.py to filename.slot, in my case my mesh is called table so I renamed it table.slot and I get that message. If I dont change the name at all and just chose the file io_TS3_rslt.py after I have gone File->Import->Sims 3 RSLT, same thing. I am confused, I need more hand holding.

I would love to use this instead TRWS, looks very handy and easy to control! Thanks for your other blender tools, I am really starting to love working with blender.
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Jun 2014 at 1:30 PM
I don't understand. Why are you trying to import the script with the script? You are supposed to importing a .slot file that you have exported from s3pe. Also, renaming (the slot file, NOT the script) may no longer be necessary as I think this was fixed in Blender.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Jun 2014 at 1:31 PM
Well, that's a good question! Maybe next time I'll sleep first and try again next day before coming over here to ask.

Yeah, I didnt need to rename anything once I directed blender into right folder.

Thanks again, works beautifully. And sorry for bothering you with the most stupid question of all time.
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 5:02 PM
Thanks, this is great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 8:59 PM
Absolutely fantastic! Now I have to go learn how to make objects :P
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th May 2016 at 11:34 PM
WOW! You make it look so easy! I will go download blender and try this out!!!! Thanks!
Instructor
#17 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 5:45 PM
@cmomoney

Thanks for this very useful script. Would it be possible to incorporate slot rotation as well?

Thanks again!

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#18 Old 18th Jun 2017 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot
@cmomoney

Thanks for this very useful script. Would it be possible to incorporate slot rotation as well?

Thanks again!

Been a long time, but I'm pretty sure rotation already works.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
#19 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 3:17 AM
@cmomoney

Thanks for replying. It didn't seem to work when I first tried this a few months ago. I tried it again just now in case my memory is faulty.

I'd like to add a deco container slot on top of a small, decorative wedge-shaped object (a file folder). Below are the reference model and RSLT resource imported into Blender. I've moved and rotated the deco slot on the x-axis such that the slot follows the slope on top of the object:

The modified RSLT is then exported from Blender and imported via S3PE into the object's .package. To verify that the changes saved correctly, I then imported it into TSRW. The slot doesn't appear to be rotated correctly:

To rule out a TSRW-specific issue, I also re-imported the modified RSLT (that was exported from Blender) back into Blender. The slot's rotation no longer follows the top of the object:

Although I didn't have the chance to test in-game this time, the slot rotation was incorrect in-game as well when I last encountered this problem several months ago. I can upload the .package file in question if needed.

Thanks again for your help!

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 9:38 PM
Thanks again for your help!

From what I can see, it's negating the rotation. So if you rotate 90 degrees, exporter is making it -90 degrees. Are you using an old Blender or new, because I tried with the new and it negated, but I know for a fact it was working with the old. A work around would be to rotate the slot the way you want it, then make the numbers negative in the transform-> rotation fields. That way it will export correctly.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
#21 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 6:00 AM
@cmomoney

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation. I'm using version 2.70, which, while newer than 2.65, is not the newest version of Blender. Is this something relatively straightforward to to address in python?

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#22 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 3:43 PM
@cmomoney

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation. I'm using version 2.70, which, while newer than 2.65, is not the newest version of Blender. Is this something relatively straightforward to to address in python?

see if this works
Attached files:
File Type: rar  io_TS3_rslt.rar (5.6 KB, 9 downloads)

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
#23 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 8:16 PM
@cmomoney

Wow, thanks updating the script! I just tried it and rotating around x-axis seems to work as expected now. However, y and z appear to suffer from the same issue.

Slot rotated around y-axis:

Re-imported to check rotation:

Slot rotated around z-axis:

Re-imported to check rotation:

Thanks again for looking into this!

˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 6:33 AM
okay then, try this one
Attached files:
File Type: rar  io_TS3_rslt.rar (5.6 KB, 19 downloads)

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2017 at 2:39 AM
@cmomoney

Sorry for the late reply. Just got a chance to test the new script now and it works for all three axes. Thank you so much--I really appreciate you going the extra mile and updating the script!
Page 1 of 2