Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gwrych Barony 1x1 SHACKS

by StephSim Posted 28th Sep 2011 at 12:13 AM - Updated 2nd Oct 2011 at 10:28 PM by StephSim

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 4:38 PM
I LOVE these!! Thank you for sharing
Inventor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 9:13 PM
So unique and impressive!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 12:50 AM
Yay! More Gwrych stuffs!

Is there a layout map for the Barony lots, by any chance?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 3:16 AM
Thank you ange1face20 and allison731.

After the upcoming Parson's Retreat, these are the last of the "residential" lots" I will be creating for Gwrych (pending no other inspiration). I especially like the look of "Shack 1". It has a unique sort of character. Both lots both so very small thanks to the use of the 6x3 roofs by Ermelind, I was able to get that "authentic" look I wanted.

rugratOne, Glad you like !
I do have a "working" layout map in my journal. The left half of the map is filled with Gwrych March lots and the upper right side of the map is for the Barony. The lower right is what remains to be created of Gwrych. But I shall provide you a direct link:
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/...NLayoutTEMP.jpg.

As for placement of these two shacks. They were not originally a part of my Gwrych collection. But once Ermelind agreed to create the roofs, I decided to build them. They are so small you can place them anywhere in Gwrych for those Medieval Simmers who are not really high in the serfdom or beyond dirt poor.

Enjoy the downloads all! I'm off to add the finishing touches to my "Italian" inspired Veronaville Dream House Collection. A bit of Base Game MADNESS for a change! But, I need a Cypress tree! So...I'm off to it. I know of 2 here at MTS.

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Sep 2011 at 4:32 AM
Thank you, Steph. Once again, some awesome medieval offerings!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 3:26 AM
You are welcomed Amber! Happy Medieval game play!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Inventor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 5:14 AM
You make the most incredible medieval lots. Thank you. <333
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 10:43 AM Last edited by StephSim : 2nd Oct 2011 at 10:29 PM.
Thank you Saturnfly. I've been doing it so long now, I'm starting to feel like somewhat of an expert at it!

BTW - You are not so bad yourself as far as lot creations go, Eh?

Take care and thanks again for the compliment!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 4:39 PM
Stephsim, you have made our sims time travelers! This looks so authentic and at the same time artistic. Putting together just the right custom content is a monumental task and you have done it flawlessly!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Oct 2011 at 10:38 PM
Thanks tricia!

It has gotten easier with time as far as "medieval" CC goes. I have "oodles" of "Medieval" CC from every imaginable Sims 2 site known to Cyber World. But, I only use a select few things to build with.

Sometimes when you watch the Sims do things in the lots, it is indeed like seeing bits of the past...at least how I imagine it to be!

Thanks again for the compliment and see you around MTS!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Oct 2011 at 6:40 PM
I love these beautiful cottages on small lots, they are perfect for my game, a thousand times thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 2:59 PM
jlouis,

Thank you for the compliment and you are most welcomed. Enjoy the shacks!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Oct 2011 at 12:00 PM
Thanks for sharing!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 6:36 PM
You are welcomed. Enjoy the lots.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#16 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 11:50 AM
I have been trying to download several of your Gwyych lots, but not of them will install! When I try to install them I just get a message saying something about a corrupt file. Help, please?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Dec 2011 at 8:27 PM
Samara,
When you get a "corrupt file" message, it tends to be because the download was incomplete or it did not download properly. This happens for a variety of reasons to include site glitches, to problematic OS settings being enabled or disabled, to the use of ineffective download managing programs, to download errors.

My only direct advice in this case is to download one thing at a time (waiting until the download completely finishes), not to multitask when downloading (especially if your computer cannot handle it for some reason) or to delete your browsing history and simply try again later. Let me know if you continue to have issues.

I downloaded a couple of the lots, including the ones in this thread and it all worked fine and download time was good as well. But, I'll continue to check a few of my Gwrych downloads from time to time throughout the day to see if I experience the same thing. Strange things like this do happen from time to time, but hopefully, you will be able to get the downloads you desire soon.

~*~stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 12:47 AM
i rarely speak up,..normally im a lurker supreme,..but this time i just had to say i LOVE these two lots,..among the coolest things ive ever seen made for this game..well done
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 12:43 AM
Thank you minstersinister for coming out the shadows to share your comments! You are most welcomed and do enjoy the lots!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 3:06 AM
I was able to download "Shack #1". "Shack #2", however... doesn't seem to work. When I click on the download file, it takes me to a new page with the text simply reading off: "No input file specified." Can this be fixed, or no? :/
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 7:11 PM
I had no problems with either downloading or installing both lots.
But your lots are great, Steph! I have a few very poor peasants who launched into the new world without a farthing to their name. At least they will now have a humble dwelling in which to live!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Apr 2012 at 1:01 AM
DigitTM,
Did you get the files yet? I assure you the files are there. I just downloaded them and put them in my game (because I needed specific files from them). The download links are working. All I can do is suggest trying again later.

FranH,
Glad the downloads are working for you. Poor peasants. I suspect these humble dwellings will be preferred to sleeping out in open air! Do enjoy the lots.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 4:59 PM
These are simply magnificent constructions! Your imagination - is boundless! I admire and with pleasure I look at your Middle Ages!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 9:00 PM
You're welcomed Mara!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 4:11 AM
I really love these shacks to make my sims look poorer but when i look at the list of required expansion packs, i hesitate....i only have 3 of the expansions. Anyway, Great Job! They look Fantastic.
Page 1 of 2