Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leo06girl
I have never had any desire to watch any of The Exorcist movies.

DeLoure, I agree completely. Most of the television shows today suck compared to those of the past, movies too. With the exception of Pee-Wee's Playhouse, I loved all the shows you listed.

Amen! These days, everything released is a remake, sequel, prequel, shitty equal, 3-D, a book-to-film adaptation or a romantic comedy featuring either Katherine Heigl or Kate Hudson. → I will say that I enjoyed Knocked Up, through.

When it comes to movies, I find myself watching foreign language films released in Europe or Asia. Since the original ideas seems to come from across the pond.
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#27 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 6:23 AM
Also, about 98% of movies today, you know how it ends from just the previews or the first few minutes of the movie. That's why I loved Sherlock Holmes when it came out (and am excited for the sequel), I couldn't figure out the ending, until it actually ended!

Army Wives and Switched at Birth are the only shows I keep up with, everything else is crap IMO. I used to like Cartoon Network, but now all of its shows are BAD; so I stick to Boomerang.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 4:56 PM
Also, about 98% of movies today, you know how it ends from just the previews or the first few minutes of the movie. That's why I loved Sherlock Holmes when it came out (and am excited for the sequel), I couldn't figure out the ending, until it actually ended!

Army Wives and Switched at Birth are the only shows I keep up with, everything else is crap IMO. I used to like Cartoon Network, but now all of its shows are BAD; so I stick to Boomerang.

YES! I hate watching movie trailers now. The entire plot is revealed! - And, I can't wait until Sherlock Holmes 2 comes out. I loved the first one!
Scholar
#29 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:09 PM
I don't like anything that is about zombie apocalypses, so The Walking Dead.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#30 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:34 PM Last edited by Misanthrope : 5th Nov 2011 at 5:57 PM.
True Blood (Book & Show) The writing is terrible, and I hate Sookie. Nevertheless, I still watch it every Sunday, only to bitch about how awful it is.

Twilight (Book & Movie). My English teacher, who was in her thirties loved it. Seriously?

The Tudors

Dexter Seasons 1/2/4 were good. The rest are awful.

Camelot possibly the worst show I've ever seen. Actually, I don't think there's anyone who enjoys watching it.

LOST First two seasons were great, then it went downhill and got really weird.

Family Guy Very formulaic jokes.

Project Runway I used to love it. Now it just makes me angry. Like Tim said, Nina and Michael must be smoking crack.

Mad Men Heard it was great, but I can't get into it. The first few episodes left me saying, "Meh"
Banned
#31 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 5:53 PM
As I've said before in that other thread, TITANIC. I hate TITANIC. I would have just not liked it, but everyone were so intent to convince me that's a great movie that I started to hate it.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 6:16 PM
In Letters to Juliet, I ALMOST didn't go watch it because they TOLD ME WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED IN THE DAMN TRAILER! And endings to movies are too predictable, but yet I still shit out $60 dollars in tickets and popcorn/soda/candy/WHY NACHOS!? to go see them with my girlfriend, bitch until somebody complains about how the movie sucks, and get so bored halfway through that we make out. I can save $55 dollars by just making popcorn at home and watching a movie on my DVD player if we're gonna just bitch about the movie then make out.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Scholar
#33 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 7:24 PM
I watch 16 and Pregnant and Teen mom to laugh at them :D
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 5th Nov 2011 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
True Blood (Book & Show) The writing is terrible, and I hate Sookie. Nevertheless, I still watch it every Sunday, only to bitch about how awful it is.

Twilight (Book & Movie). My English teacher, who was in her thirties loved it. Seriously?

The Tudors

Camelot possibly the worst show I've ever seen. Actually, I don't think there's anyone who enjoys watching it.

LOST First two seasons were great, then it went downhill and got really weird.

Family Guy Very formulaic jokes.

Project Runway I used to love it. Now it just makes me angry. Like Tim said, Nina and Michael must be smoking crack.

Mad Men Heard it was great, but I can't get into it. The first few episodes left me saying, "Meh"

First. I love your username. I'm also a misanthrope. Frankly, people suck out loud.

Second. Very, very good list.

True Blood is one of my guilty pleasures, one of those shows that leaves you pissed off and annoyed at the end of every single episode yet you watch anyway.
Dexter. Ah, I must admit. I'm a fan. While some seasons are better than others (season 4 being my personal favorite!), I can't wait for tomorrow's episode.
Lost. Like you, I loved the first two seasons. Confused for most of them but, I was hooked. I lost interest during the whole Dharma Initiative bullshit. (Loved me some Locke, though!)
Project Runway. Once it ran to Lifetime, I stopped watching.
Mad Men. I. Don't. Get. It. The big deal about this show is...? Plus, it's boring as hell and the misogyny gets on my last nerves.

Another one I forgot to add was America's Next Top Model - it's sooooo redundant. Every single season is the same.
Inventor
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 6:00 AM
Misanthrope, I have never even wanted to see anything you listed.

DeLoure, I couldn't agree more.

Lance, you are not alone in your hatred of Titanic; I hated it just as much. It is going to be rereleased in 3-D sometime in either 2012 or 2013.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 7:06 AM
Misanthrope, I have never even wanted to see anything you listed.

DeLoure, I couldn't agree more.

Lance, you are not alone in your hatred of Titanic; I hated it just as much. It is going to be rereleased in 3-D sometime in either 2012 or 2013.

Ugh?! Titanic? That stupid movie is the reason why I hate boats. It's all coming back to me...

...PICTURE THIS. Brooklyn. 1997. I was seven years old and my mom dragged me to see that stupid film with a bunch of her loud-ass girlfriends. I was bored throughout most of the film until the last couple hours when the boat begin to sink. Scared the SHIT out of my 7-year-old behind.

Ever since then, I hate boats, the cold and large bodies of water. *shudders*
Instructor
#37 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 7:55 AM
I watch Mad Men for three things:

1. Christina Hendricks
2. It's set and wardrobe design is just spot on for the period.
3. Peggy. She rocks.
Inventor
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
In Letters to Juliet, I ALMOST didn't go watch it because they TOLD ME WHAT FUCKING HAPPENED IN THE DAMN TRAILER! And endings to movies are too predictable, but yet I still shit out $60 dollars in tickets and popcorn/soda/candy/WHY NACHOS!? to go see them with my girlfriend, bitch until somebody complains about how the movie sucks, and get so bored halfway through that we make out. I can save $55 dollars by just making popcorn at home and watching a movie on my DVD player if we're gonna just bitch about the movie then make out.

You read my mind! That is exactly why I didn't like Letters to Juliet, also why I rarely go to the theater anymore. I have only seen like three movies in the last year that I would not have considered a waste of money if I had seen them in theaters.
Banned
#39 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope
Okay, I actually like that show, everything else I agree with, sucks.
Instructor
#40 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 6:00 AM
Jersey Shore - (when it's on, I go in the other room)
Titanic (*shudders* I saw it three times too many)
Twilight (ALL of them. I read the books due to my curiosity, and watched the first two movies and never again.)
Big Bang Theory (everyone I know begs me to watch it.)
Any movies. (don't much like movies to be honest except a few older ones.)
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RowenaLupin
Jersey Shore - (when it's on, I go in the other room)
Titanic (*shudders* I saw it three times too many)
Twilight (ALL of them. I read the books due to my curiosity, and watched the first two movies and never again.)
Big Bang Theory (everyone I know begs me to watch it.)
Any movies. (don't much like movies to be honest except a few older ones.)

I have a love/hate relationship with The Big Bang Theory.

I can only watch a couple episodes every few months because the show annoys the shit out of me if I watch too many episodes for too long. I'm not sure why, there's something about that show that annoys the crap out of me sometimes.
Theorist
#42 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 3:44 PM
I guess one of the non-book-based movie I don't like is The Expendables.

Oh, and I hate Sucker Punch, but I doubt it's popular enough to be classified as something 'everyone else loved', so it doesn't really count.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 3:53 PM
That's easy. Anything vampire related.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
I guess one of the non-book-based movie I don't like is The Expendables.

Oh, and I hate Sucker Punch, but I doubt it's popular enough to be classified as something 'everyone else loved', so it doesn't really count.

I started to watch Sucker Punch but immediately turned that crap off after that random song number between Carla Gugino (her character was Vera Gorski) and Oscar Isaac (his character was Blue). *shudders* No thanks.

- If you're going to be a fantasy-action film, BE a fantasy-action film. Don't throw in a random song number. That creeps me out. Only Bollywood movies can pull that off.

P.S. - Shout out to Wikipedia for helping me out with those character names.
Inventor
Original Poster
#45 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 8:17 PM
I have never wanted to see Sucker Punch, because it looks like something I would hate.
Theorist
#46 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 11:35 AM
I have never wanted to see Sucker Punch, because it looks like something I would hate.

Yeah, I think it's a failed fantasy-action movie with a ridiculous attempt to rip off Inception by using the 'dream-within-dream' mind-bending concept.
Instructor
#47 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 4:26 PM
I really dislike reality tv or shows where the person is embarrassed or humililated in a competition.

I also dislike teen dramas or high school dramas since I'm far from being a teen.
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Nov 2011 at 11:32 PM
I hate all reality shows and this includes dancing with the stars and American Idol. Elvis Presley movies - actually everything to do with Elvis (or Michael Jackson). Any movie with vulgar language or too much violence.

Perhaps I'm going through my second childhood, but I love the Pixar movies. And Spongebob.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 3:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babydoll3133
I hate all reality shows and this includes dancing with the stars and American Idol. Elvis Presley movies - actually everything to do with Elvis (or Michael Jackson). Any movie with vulgar language or too much violence.

Perhaps I'm going through my second childhood, but I love the Pixar movies. And Spongebob.

With an exception being made to NBC's The Sing Off and The Voice, I agree. I'm not a fan of 95% of reality TV shows.

With exceptions being made for: Top Chef, Top Shot, Chopped, Lisa Ling's Our America, I Survived..., Ninja Warrior, Hoarders, Obsessed, etc.

But when it comes to Real Housewives Of..., Jersey Shore, Kardashians and other stuff like that, count me out.
Inventor
Original Poster
#50 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babydoll3133

I could not agree more. That's one of the reasons I don't like a lot of new movies and shows. You're not alone, I love Pixar too!

In regards to trailers and the beginings giving away the movie's ending:
I watched a Sherlock Holmes movie a few months ago. It was very low budget and the special effects were really bad and looked really fake; but I really liked the movie. It made me use my imagination, and I did not have a clue what was behind a lot of scenes, I could NOT figure out the ending until it ended; also it did not focus on sex or foul language at all. It also had a good and very unpredictable storyline/plot.
Page 2 of 3