Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

AppaloosaPlains.world with Fixes applied

by ellacharmed Posted 22nd Nov 2011 at 6:53 AM - Updated 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:53 AM by ellacharmed

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 9:00 AM
Gonna check this out, Thanks
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 9:23 AM
So it all seems to be working ok but are the paths on the intersections supposed to look like this? (see attachment)

It kinda spoils my house because an intersection has apeared outside my front gate which happens to be a drive way lol
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 4:04 PM
sweet love it

Snarling ever forward
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 7:34 PM
One of my sims wanted to be a chess master, but sims he called to come over and play chess with him often failed to turn up. I'm guessing it was a routing problem, and I'm thrilled to have your fix. Thanks for making it and for sharing it with us.
Test Subject
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 3:25 AM
Part 6 is forbidden?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thegoldengeist
Part 6 is forbidden?

You're probably trying to download too many things at once; I get that message if I try to download more than 5 items at the same time.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 1:58 PM
Thanks! I never thought I needed a world fix, til last night when my cat disappeared. I found her in the ocean and had to teleport her back.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 5:09 PM
Gnasher316,
yes, we have been discussing it here http://www.modthesims.info/download...68&goto=newpost
Same suggestion for you as well. Do the fixes yourself with the routing resources files in that thread, while skipping the Intersection files.

thegoldengeist, TickleOnTheTum,
using Download managers of any kind that set to download more than 3 chunks at once? Are you making sure to download one file at a time, with one part chunks? And renamed them all as instructed in the Overview? I just downloaded them all and they extracted fine.
Sometimes, once you get download failures, you need to clear caches and history, or even logout before doing that.

ps: on the gaps,
Unless there's a majority's consensus that I should take out the Intersection fixes in this .world upload, I'm afraid the gaps are here to stay. That's why I gave a couple weeks for the resources thread to collect feedback before I upload these crazy-ass-longtime-to-upload rar files.

Next time, speak up earlier!
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bluegrace88
Thanks! I never thought I needed a world fix, til last night when my cat disappeared. I found her in the ocean and had to teleport her back.

the teleporting cat is a "playing in the bathtub issue" only base game and ep bathtubs do not do that. there is a mod available to prevent your kitty from autonomous bathtub activity.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Gnasher316,
yes, we have been discussing it here http://www.modthesims.info/download...68&goto=newpost
Same suggestion for you as well. Do the fixes yourself with the routing resources files in that thread, while skipping the Intersection files.

Thanks for the link
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Nov 2011 at 2:02 PM
Is it possible, that S3PE has destroyed my AP world file? I'm asking, cause I have downloaded resources for AP, from this thread and I have apapplied it by myself. AP started to work a bit faster, but the game also started to crash to desktop. I didn't know it's because of that, but today I have downloaded Appaloosa Plains.world file from this thread, and game works exellent! What I did wrong, that mine world file with resources gave me those crashes...

I know how to apply the fixes, I did it myself to other towns, and they work OK... No crashes at all.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:55 AM
Sweet, I was looking forward to this one.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 5:08 PM
It work... good job, thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:10 AM
Alright, I'm sure I'm missing something. But I've extracted the world, and it loads, and I see the little crosswalks everywhere and all the extra fences. But my game still pauses like crazy. I'm open for suggestions if anyone has some.
In the Arena
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 10:16 AM
@Lolthien, you need to read the Intermittent Freeze wiki FAQ, which is linked in the World Routing wiki FAQ - at the top of the Wiki and also towards the bottom of the Wiki under "Related Pages"
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 2:45 AM
The game's handling premade homeless a bit oddly: when they move into a house, the household name comes up as a file path (e.g. "[something]...EP05/Excel/Households/Jenner")
I'm not a techie type myself, but when I asked over at MATY they said it sounded like the STBLs were broken somehow, such as the world having accidentally been given a new ID. Is anyone else having this issue with the fixed AP?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Feb 2012 at 5:42 AM
After 1K+ downloads? Uh, I hope not!

Revert things back to original? Does it still happen with the original .world file?
What is the exact FULL path you placed this .world in?

Is this save a vanilla Appaloosa Plains or another downloaded, user-modified version based on the original AP?
And it affects ALL AP saves or just one AP save, created before or after having installed this fixed .world file?

Did you also test without other mods and only have this fixed .world file installed, just to establish a baseline?
And of course confirmed on 100% vanilla settings with clean user files and no fixed .world files anywhere? What is the status of this test?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 5:31 AM
The save was your fixed version; it happened again on a second save with the same .world. The path is where the game originally installed the world to: Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Pets/UserData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DClick
Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 Pets/UserData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds.

This path is wrong. Please reread Wiki and Overview for instructions on correct path.

And this?
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Did you also test without other mods and only have this fixed .world file installed, just to establish a baseline?
And of course confirmed on 100% vanilla settings with clean user files and no fixed .world files anywhere? What is the status of this test?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 6:12 AM Last edited by DClick : 7th Feb 2012 at 6:28 PM.
Sorry, I meant GameData.

Anyway I just tested it with the vanilla .world and my DCCache and Mods removed, and once someone finally moved into town, the filename thing didn't happen. The name doesn't match up to any of the premades on the wiki though (the ones affected in my regular saves do,) so maybe that's related somehow?

I'll go pop the fixed .world back into place and see what happens then.

ETA: Fixed world, no CC: The first family to move in was game-generated, so I'm still not sure the bug applied, but the name was normal. I don't know which of my CC could be causing the problem, especially since I use fixed Sunset Valley too with no bugs, but I'll look into that. Sorry for wasting your time.
Also, is there a way to force immigrants so I can test this stuff without waiting multiple in-game days?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Feb 2012 at 3:36 AM
"Fixed world, no CC: ... but the name was normal. ... Sorry for wasting your time."
Thanks for confirming all is A-OK with this download.
I'd check any mods that have a custom STBL - with custom descriptions and new names and such, or do the 50% method as shown in Game Help:TS3 Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki to weed out the culprit.

"is there a way to force immigrants"
Both of these mods can do it I believe, but you have to read up yourself on what commands to use
- MasterController (may need an add-on), or is it SP?? &
- Awesomemod.
Test Subject
#23 Old 17th Feb 2012 at 6:09 PM
I downloaded the pets ep from Origin.com so I don't have the file path for pets. How do I do this fix with out it?
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Feb 2012 at 5:42 PM
Is your game installed to the default Origins path, @dreamcatcher2009?

I have the defaults as reported to me documented in Game_Help:World_Routing_Lags#Originwiki. Is yours not located there, if you chose a default install?
Scholar
#25 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 9:50 PM Last edited by mithrak_nl : 7th Mar 2012 at 11:16 PM.
My game has been freezing like described in the Help section and I already tried the mentioned mod to remove memories altogether, but my game still starts to lag after playing for a while (since Pets).
Trying to fix world routing was next on my list, so I'm really glad that I can download an already fixed world Thanks a lot for this

EDIT : My game is running like before Pets now, so apparently the routing issues were part of my lag issues. Thanks for creating this fix!
Page 1 of 2