Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
#26 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:23 AM
That "Good For Nothing Gypsy" is a straight out con artist, lurking around like a vulture, waiting to take my Sims on a ride for their hard earn simoleon.
And in return instead of the perfect "matchup" the Sims get a match down, I rather just let my Sims join a lonely heart club or find their own Sims. they're better off without that gypsy.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 8th May 2015 at 12:59 AM
Since this is already revived, why not continue the discussion. I agree with Simonut, good for nothing is the word. I love the idea of a dating service that finds good matches for you, although I am more prone to use the CC Crystal ball than the actual gypsy, but I don't find it does what it is supposed to do. My Sims usually get 1 bolt alternatives, which they don't need help to find. What's the point if it's just your average Sim?

I've been meaning to test it in a hood with tons of townies, to see if it's more effective with a larger sample group. Maybe I get bad matches because there aren't any good ones out there, due to lack of variety. Who knows.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 8th May 2015 at 2:01 AM
I use her for 50 first dates and find her very useful, a few dollars will get you a date and you can do a few in a row.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#29 Old 8th May 2015 at 3:51 AM
You are supposed to get indifferent matches if you don't pay her enough. It's like paying to resurrect someone; if you're cheap you get a zombie. XD
Mad Poster
#30 Old 8th May 2015 at 1:17 PM
I get indifferent matches even if I pay her the maximum you can. And the crystal ball isn't charge-based, it still only gives meh matches.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 9th May 2015 at 7:15 AM Last edited by grammapat : 9th May 2015 at 1:54 PM.
Even in a big hood, the crystal ball only gives me a few choices (since I'm not looking for townies). I never got much from the Gypsy, maybe 1 bolt, but worse-- my young adult will get an old woman, my old guy will get a college girl, and never more than 1 bolt. AND they lie! The date will be dressed in some work uniform, then say they don't have a job, then say they have lots of money. Too bad there is not a computer hack for "computer dating"... I should ask about that. "wanted: adult who wants children, will be faithful, and is a good cook", or "rich man wanted by fun-loving blond lady".

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#32 Old 9th May 2015 at 9:57 PM
The age thing bugs me quite a lot actually.

I usually designate one lot a "singles club" where I use the visitor controller to ban all attached sims and hence only single sims show up. My sims can find a date then!

Even when you get a date with good chemistry from the gypsy, it's still hard to get a good score on the date, because usually by the time you know somebody well enough to date them, you've built up a bit of a friendship. From the gypsy, you start at 0/0. I don't think she takes interests into account at all, so if your interests aren't matched, talking can cause minus points and there are very few interactions which succeed at 0/0 except talking and sometimes joking and admiring (I don't know if it's grouchiness or shyness or what which causes these to be rejected, but some sims take offence when a stranger does them.) If you're lucky enough to hit it off straight away (Group activities can be the best bet) then you can get fairly high up the meter with ACR, but other than that, it's really hard work.

If you chat online with a sim for long enough, you get a pop up asking to invite that sim over I always think of that like "online dating", even if just for meeting friends.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:57 PM
Is there any sort of hack or mod out there that makes the gypsy only send single sims (like she's supposed to)? My gypsy will keep sending teens who are already 'going steady' as dates for other teens, and it's got to the point where I have to save before I call her in case she accidentally starts up a load of cheating!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charmandae
Is there any sort of hack or mod out there that makes the gypsy only send single sims (like she's supposed to)? My gypsy will keep sending teens who are already 'going steady' as dates for other teens, and it's got to the point where I have to save before I call her in case she accidentally starts up a load of cheating!

While I would also rather use the matchmaker for various reasons, she does have her limits. She seems only to consider chemistry and not whether the other sim is spoken for or has compatible gender preference (I once had a heterosexual playboy repeatedly get lesbians as dates from the matchmaker ).

TwoJeffs made a modded crystal ball that you might find helpful instead.
Quote: Originally posted by TwoJeffs
Find-a-Mate Crystal Ball
Summon the power of the Gypsy's crystal ball, without having to deal with the old bat. Tell the ball what type of sim you are looking for and get a choice of the 5 matching sims in the hood that have the highest chemistry. Make your selection and the sim will be summoned ot the lot. The rest is up to you. Full details are in the readme.

http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=15.0
Mad Poster
#35 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 10:46 PM
I wonder if it'd be possible to modify the matchmaker that, instead of pulling out a random date depending on the budget, you pay her a flat fee and it brings up the UI from twoJeff's crystal ball.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Page 2 of 2