Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
#51 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 11:09 PM
Neru looked at the fairy with a "DUH" look on her face. "I'm a demon - not of my own fault - and I've never done anything evil..."

"Anyway, I'm Neru."

"So should we start heading... to wherever this evil is supposed to happen or...? Or will you be recruiting more people? I saw a boy earlier -- he looked like he was somewhere in his teens -- who looked perfect for helping you with this. Do you know who I'm talking about? No, I suppose you don't, there are quite a lot of teenage boys in the world... Hmm... He had blond hair, wore a lot of green, he was Hylian -- at least it appeared so, as far as his pointed ears said -- had a kind of pointed hat... I saw him practicing archery, he was very good at it. He seems fit for your quest."
Advertisement
Site Helper
#52 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 1:05 PM
Navi brightened a bit as Neru described Link. "Yes, that sounds like Link! I was going to find him. He's perfect." She blushed faintly for a moment. "For the quest, I mean. Would he have been in this direction?" she asked as she flew a short distance and then came back. "By the way, if you have a physical body you aren't a true demon, just a host. They only have a physical form outside their realm when something gives them one. It's what makes them so hard to fight. Oh, and I'm called Navi"

The two Pokemon seemed reluctant, so she told them to go ahead back to their trainer. They were relieved. Willow said "We know you now. IF she decides to come with you after all, there is an Abra in the camp who can send us to you. Otherwise, it has been fun meeting you, and we wish you luck."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
#53 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 4:28 PM
"Yes, I believe he was in that direction." Neru answered. Or was it the other way?

Neru and Navi began walking to find Link. Meow! MEOW MEOW!! The sounds came from Neru's pocket. "Bonehilda! I forgot about you!" Neru exclaimed, as she pulled the tiny kitten out of her pocket. She played with her kitten for a moment, then put her back in her pocket.

"So, Navi..." Neru asked, "What's it like to be a fairy? Like, how do you do stuff?"

"Do you need to eat?"

"Can you read minds?"

"How long do you live?"

"Can you die?"

"Do you grant wishes?"

"Do you like being a fairy?"
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 3:15 AM
Alex's POV:
I woke up with a huge head-ache. Nothing appeared to be broken, but with my hangover-esque pounding skull, I wasn't sure I was right about that. I groaned and sat up; my eyesight was as fuzzy, as was my hearing. My smell was nearly gone. Taste? Forget it. Touch was the only thing the same, and I didn't rely on that nearly as much as the others. I struggled to get to my feet; I was sick and weak. Then my vision cleared- somewhat- and I realized I was in some unfamiliar place. Tall trees, but not as old as the forests of my province. I turned around slowly, and noticed blood on a rock. That would be completely unremarkable, if it weren't for the fact that it was gold. Unless another fae had passed by recently- the blood was very fresh- it was my own. I examined each of my limbs for cuts, my clothes for tears, but there was nothing. Fearing the worst, I held my hand up to the back of my head. Blood, fresh and warm.
"Jazhch," I swore quietly; tearing part of my shirt, I tied the cloth around my head- the best I could do for now.
Then I realized something. My cloak was gone, and in it's place was my satchel. I knew I had left it at home, hanging on my bed-post. A twig cracked suddenly in the forest; I would be exploring the satchel later. My hand flew to my hip, and I was relieved to fell the hilt of my sword. I drew it slowly and turned around, trying to look deep into the forest around me.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Site Helper
#55 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 5:42 PM
(( I may not be available over the weekends, or at least Sundays. It's a shared computer, and I have two churches I go to.))

Navi oriented herself, and they began to head toward where Navi remembered a light in the Lost Woods. As they traveled, Neru had a lot of questions. She didn't mind answering. It was something to do

"So, Navi..." Neru asked, "What's it like to be a fairy? Like, how do you do stuff?"

If something is small enough, I can absorb it to carry it. If it's bigger, but still not too heavy I can absorb just enough to attach it to myself. I don't like doing that because it makes flying awkward, and it looks really odd. And if it's too big I get help. Most of us are assigned as companions to a Kokiri, so we have someone to do things like that for us. We help them remember things, and do things better. I had a companion, but he isn't a Kokiri and I had to leave. I don't feel comfortable talking about that."

"Do you need to eat?"

"I absorb light and magic."

"Can you read minds?"

"Not really, but with some people it is easy to see what they are thinking anyway. I -am- good with languages, though. And I can help someone focus."

"How long do you live?"

"Time doesn't mean much. I live Today. And another Today. And more of them. But I'm too busy living to count them all."

"Can you die?"

"yes. Not through time, but through trauma or heartache."

"Do you grant wishes?"

"I think that depends on the wish. I can't re-weave reality the way some of the Great ones can, but I can make good illusions. And I can heal people once a day. So if you were to wish for your favorite food, I could make it seem like a piece of bread was it. And If you wished to be healed, I could manage it. But it would take someone stronger than me if you wanted to wish to be free of your demon."

"Do you like being a fairy?"

"Yes, although I do occasionally wish to change. It's not serious, though. Changing wouldn't do any good." She looked at Neru's pocket. "Shouldn't your kitten be getting more exercise? Her muscles are never going to grow if she doesn't use them very often."

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Banned
#56 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:12 AM
"Shouldn't your kitten be getting more exercise? Her muscles are never going to grow if she doesn't use them very often." Navi commented, as she looked at Neru's pocket. "Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Lamatshu said I would receive a strong traveling companion, that she would bring back from the dead. I was kinda expecting like, y'know, a lion of a griffin or something, but I got little ol' Bonehilda. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but definitely not what I was expecting. Anyway, Lamatshu said she should be prepared to back me up in battle, I guess I just tried to take her word for it. I've come to love Bonehilda, even if she is a kitten from hell. She keeps me company. I've tried to get her to run around, but she just so damn reluctant! Never the matter, Lamatshu said she will be prepared when the time comes... Whenever that is."

A few minutes later, Neru realized she led them to the wrong direction, and they had walked into the dark forest. "Oh crap..." Neru said, "I uh... I think maybe it was the other direction... Sorry..." Neru was about to turn around, when she heard a woman muttering to herself. "HOLY HELL!!!" she shouted, jumped up in the air, and tried to run, but, of course, tripped. Neru scrambled up, and hid behind Navi.
Scholar
Original Poster
#57 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 1:59 AM
(( Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm just assuming Neru is hearing Alex or Inona, probably Alex, because Alex was the only one who said anything at all ))

Inona's POV:
A shout rang out in the forest; I jumped, but continued to walk uninterrupted. I needed a guide - I was probably walking in circles. I didn't want to risk flying, either, in case someone happened to be looking up and they weren't accustomed to flying women. Like most humans when I led an attack.

Alex's POV:
A woman yelled somewhere in the forest. I hunkered down, debating what to do; I decided that everyone was a foe until I knew more and fled through the forest, sheathing my sword as I ran. I was running much more slowly, much like a disoriented human - da**, I sounded like Inona. I stopped at the base of a relatively bushy tree and hauled myself up it, flapping my wings when strength wasn't enough to give an added boost. I stopped at a relatively thick branch and curled myself into a small, attentive ball in the shadows. Most people wouldn't notice me, or know what I was if they saw me. I felt a sense of hopelessness as I slowly drifted into sleep.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#58 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:36 AM
((Yes, it was Alex, I wanted to hint at Neru's clumsiness and absent-mindedness, while kinda bringing our RPs together, so you can RP with me and Ghost now!))

The woman dashed away, to a thick tree. "Uh... Hello?" Neru called. "Anybody there?" Neru walked towards the tree. "Helloooo? I know you're somewhere in this forest! Anyway, we're looking for this guy... Link, I believe, could you direct us to town?"
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:51 AM
((Okay))

Alex's POV:
"Uh...hello? Anybody there? Hello? I know your somewhere in this forest!" shouted the woman; I had drifted into an uneasy sleep filled with dark shadows when she had woken me up. The woman was speaking one of the numerous human languages - chances were if she was fae, or even elf, she knew one of the human dialects. My mind still fogged with sleep, I tried to sit upright, but only managed to put myself in an awkward squatting position on the branch. "Anyway, we're looking for this guy... Link, I believe, could you direct us to town?" Apparently, she knew her way around as well as I did. Maybe an Ardintrean, like me. I decided to take a chance, but not without precaution first. Cupping my hands around my mouth, I tried to direct the sound away from my actual hiding place.
"Arock palya fale? Palya fale tarkra? Palya batr?" Who are you? Are you elven? Or fae?
I prayed with every fiber of my being that she would not be able to deduce my whereabouts from my voice.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#60 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 3:26 AM
A voice that seemed to come from all around the forest said, "Arock palya fale? Palya fale tarka? Palya batr?" Hmm... I know a little bit of what she's saying... I think something about faes? "I'm uh... that is, used to be...uh Hylian, but uh..." Neru starting stuttering beyond belief. "Anyway, me and uh, Navi here, are looking for Link, because of some evil or something... Can you please help? I think I lost us in this forest..."
Site Helper
#61 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:41 PM
Navi quietly said "We're not lost; this is where one of the lights was. I thought it might be Link, because he grew up in a forest village." She flew out to where she could be clearly seen. I haven't gotten a word for "Hello" yet... Oh well. I think this is right... "Yepal Navi. Hello" I am Navi. Hello.

Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 6:01 PM
Alex's POV:
Hylian? Maybe another name for humans... and who was Navi? I peered down through the branches, trying to catch a glimpse of these people, but could only see quick glimpses of color through the leaves. I still had no idea who Link was. "Yepal Navi. Hello," said another voice. Obviously a greeting, but I didn't know what yepal meant... maybe "I am"... yes, that would fit. I switched to a human language, but I wasn't sure which one. There were so many.
"Are you armed? I do not wish to fight you, but if necessity forces me to, I will," I said carefully; I didn't want to sound threatening, but I did want to get the point across. I would fight like a cornered animal if I needed to, and in more ways than one.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Banned
#63 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:42 AM
Neru and Navi waited for a reply. "Are you armed? I do not wish to fight you, but if necessity forces me to, I will." the voice did not sound as though it -- presumably female -- was threatening them, but she was warning them. "Um... I do have a weapon but I don't want to fight you. We're just trying to find Link for some quest of Navi's." Neru gently put her hands up, even though she assumed the woman couldn't see her behind all of the leaves. "Can you please help us?"
Scholar
Original Poster
#64 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:04 PM
Alex's POV:
They weren't dangerous, but I wasn't sure how to help them. Then I got an idea.
"I do not know who Link is," I said, quickly cloaking myself in a thin film of lightning. I didn't want to show what I really looked like. At least not yet. I glided out of my hiding place, landing in front of them. "I do not know if my idea will help you find your friend, but it should help you find your way out of the forest," I said. Without waiting for an answer, I flew up above the tree tops, glancing out over an enormous forest that ended at the edge of a great plain.

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:16 PM
((Sorry Riptide, it's gotta be either a character you create, or a Nintendo Character. Me and 5MOK3 were discussing that earlier))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 1:52 AM
Ok um...

Name: Falco Lombardi (Starfox 64, Starfox)
Race/Species: Falcon
Primary Weapon: Blaster
Secondary Weapon: Landmaster
Abilities: Shooting the hell out of shit, and flying an Arwing
Bio: http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Falco_Lombardi

Falco

Landmaster

Arwing

Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather.

GTA V
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 1:57 AM
((Ok, thanks! I'll add you to the list of claimed characters))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Site Helper
#68 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 6:10 PM
((Cool! My major experience with Falco is in the SSB series, but he's a really tough opponent. (Unless he gets a smash ball on a really small stage that's mostly tiny platforms and tries to chase you to another one...) )

"I do not know who Link is," the new girl (or woman?) said. She came down and landed in front of them, under some sort of shield. "I do not know if my idea will help you find your friend, but it should help you find your way out of the forest," she said, and flew up above the tree tops without waiting for an answer.

Navi said to Neru " Well, I'm one for two with this message... There was a light here, so she is one of the ones we need to find. Cross your fingers and hope that we don't scare her off like I did with the other girl?"

She flew up after the new girl. "This may sound strange to you, but I was sent from the Temple of Time to gather a hero and allies to help save this world from a great evil which threatens to consume all worlds. I was shown a map where they all were, and this is where one of the lights was. I don't know where Link is, but he is the Hero of Hyrule and the wielder of the Master Sword, so I'm sure one of the lights is his." She paused for a moment to be sure her emotions were still under control.

"But before we go to the next light I have to ask if you are willing to join us? I am convinced that we need you, but we aren't forcing anything. If you refuse we will simply continue in peace, looking for the next light. And hoping we succeed in getting enough to stop whatever this evil is."

Top Secret Researcher
#69 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 10:54 PM
Sry, I can't really continue the story, the opportune moment to save everybody from certain death by flying in on my arwing, then jumping out and fighting a cyclops on a hoverboard has not happened yet.

GTA V
Site Helper
#70 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 12:22 AM
(( We can bump into you repairing some engine trouble in the Arwing next, if you want. The Temple of Time would have put the lights in the spot where the person would be when Navi finally went looking for them... ))

Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:17 AM
Well I can just stumble into you when running around a turn in a dark hallway in a large temple?

GTA V
Banned
#72 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:18 AM
(( Kyaaaa!!!! Dx I'm just posting to let you know I'm still here, I'm just waiting for minimogut to post, since I have no business in the sky xD ))
Scholar
Original Poster
#73 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:36 AM
((SORRY SORRY SORRY, school has ruined my life. I've been really busy, so I would have checked in earlier if I had the time. Riptide, make sure that when you are doing an OOC post (Out Of Character Post) put it in double parentheses. Thanks ^^))

Alex's POV:
"Great Evil," I said slowly, still getting my bearings. "No. That's not strange to me at all. Other than the part about the Temple of Time... and anything involving this friend... Link... or Hyrule. That's the name of this land? As for joining you, I'm not making any promises, but I may stay. I think I have an idea of what the great evil might entail... or who. Now, where are you headed? I can point it out if I know what I'm looking for."

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Site Helper
#74 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 7:56 PM
Navi thought for a moment. "Right now I think we are still finding the Hero and allies. I was shown a map with several places to go, but none of them were any different from the rest. This was the map." She produced an image of the map she was shown, and then dropped her illusion when she began to drift down toward the ground. "I think I need more practice with illusions," she laughed as she flew back up. "Anyway, this is where we are right now," she added as she generated another illusionary map, but made the light at the current spot brighter. "So I suppose we are heading for the next light on the map now. Whichever light we want to head for, anyway..."

Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 8:21 PM
Alex's POV:
Hero and allies? Then which one was Link that they seemed to want to find first. Maybe it had to do with knowing who was the hero. Maybe Link was the hero so they had to find him first. I looked around, listening to Navi. I turned towards the map she was conjuring. I pointed to the light nearest to where our current location was.
"Because it's not much more than a day from here, we - if I can tag along - should go there. Link may be there. Of course, you might want to talk to your friend about it," I said, swaying a little bit in the air. Generating the shield was taking a toll on me, so I let it fade out. I glided slowly back down to earth and leaned against a tree. At this point I was feeling a little sick. Traveling as a fae probably wouldn't fix that. Without a thought to the fact that I might completely freak out Navi and Neru, I changed into a wolf and relaxed in the shade of the tree, waiting.

(( I've gotten no response from leafpool, lorenrose or devmars, so they no longer have any claims on characters or otherwise.))

THE CAT HAIR WIZARD
Page 3 of 13