Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elevator Shaft for Levels with lower Walls

by Yogi-Tea Posted 7th Jan 2012 at 12:45 PM - Updated 10th Jun 2013 at 9:52 AM by Yogi-Tea

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:03 PM
Thanks ! Love itt.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:06 PM
Very useful.Thanks ^_^
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:12 PM
I WANT TO MARRY U!!! I have been waiting for this for so long!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 2:52 PM
Just what I needed thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:25 PM
Ideal for foundations! Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 5:59 PM
Oh , this is handy. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 9:16 PM
Pretty usefull, t.hanks!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 10:21 PM
Oh wow, thank you! This came just in time for my experimenting with short walls! Thank you thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 10:54 PM
How do you put those foundations on other floors? I can't unleash my creativity without it! lol
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 11:56 PM
What a great idea -)
I already made a lot with an elevator but no foundation on second floor :/ ...
But anyway I will make with foundation =)
Really good idea mate =D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 5:24 AM
Wonderful, now I can have a basement under a foundation without having to screw around. Cheers x 1 million : )
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 6:47 AM
Whoa! None of my other creations got accepted that fast....

If you're happy I'm happy too. Thank you for your comments. Since I'm not an experienced mesher it took me a while to finish this - and for the very first time I understood how to apply a texture in Milkshape. Yay! I learned an important lesson.

Quote: Originally posted by Tribbs
How do you put those foundations on other floors? I can't unleash my creativity without it! lol

You need the cheat "placefriezes on" to being able to place foundations on higher levels. Just keep in mind that you'll not be able to place foundations on the ground as long as this cheat is activated. You'll deactivate it with "placefriezes off".

Quote: Originally posted by Vampchick
I WANT TO MARRY U!!! I have been waiting for this for so long!!

... thank you for the laugh.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:40 AM
Brilliant!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 3:05 PM
Fabulous!! I never thought of something like this until you created it. I'm sure I won't be able to live without it now Thank you so much!! Now I can put foundations and friezes on my houses again AND put in elevators.. now if someone will fix it so we can have spiral stairs do the same thing...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 9:39 PM
... When I saw this, honestly, my first thought was to ask you to marry me.

This is like. o_o Amazing. And it seriously doesn't look like your first time doing something like this.

<insert 'thank you' spam 500 times over>
Inventor
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pepperbutt
This is like. o_o Amazing. And it seriously doesn't look like your first time doing something like this.
Well, it's the second time I've been working with Milkshape. The first time I used Milkshape for changing the order of a painting (uploaded that with the Simpsons House), however, I never had changed the size of an object or created a completely new object with Milkshape. It's actually not that difficult but it takes time to understand how everything works.

It's funny to read that people would merry me for uploading the lowered elevator shaft. I usually have thoughts like that if I'm in a restaurant and eat something that is absolutely delicious.

Thanks to all of you for your lovely comments.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 10:19 PM
Oh thank you so much! You have no idea how often I've built a lot, decided it needed an elevator to something like the basement, only to realize the foundation was an issue. I've been hoping for something like this for so long!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 11:08 PM
Awesome I had no idea this was even possible I just assumed it wasn't otherwise it have been done already.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 10th Jan 2012 at 2:18 PM
Hey this is brilliant! I haven't used elevators much yet, but I can see how it will come in handy. Thanks for your ingenuity!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 10:11 PM
This is great. Just like everyone else, I had no idea it was possible, either. And I love basements and am always wanting to give my made-over EA houses a basement, only to realize it's pretty much impossible if it's built on a foundation, gah. So this will work for that, yes? I can't wait to get in game and try it out. Thank you! <3
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 1:15 AM
One of the most useful mod!!!

You are a hero!

Thank you sooo much much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 6:37 AM
thank you so much - recently stumbled upon that "error" as well and cancelled the whole idea of a secret science lab below a manor since of course, secret research has to take place underground - but w/o elevator?? no way... now i can try again... thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 11:38 AM
So this works for connecting floors with foundations to a basement?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 4:02 PM
My English is to poor, could someone give me the screen with the example of using the shaft? This is really interesting... Since one of the patch (I don't remember which one), we can't build the stairs to the basement if there is the foundation... So we need to use the elevator, and so we need to use a cheat to connect basement with the floor...
Page 1 of 3