Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lost and Found: Brick Stretcher Bond Walls

by Menaceman44 Posted 28th Jan 2012 at 3:34 PM

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Inventor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 4:06 PM
Omg... that's a great find. I like the look of the second one. I never saw this brick wall when I've been looking for hidden stuff, maybe it was added with one of the patches? Thank you for sharing with us.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 5:30 PM
I love the second one, but why would they make it and not open it? >.> Thanks so much for finding it!
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
Omg... that's a great find. I like the look of the second one. I never saw this brick wall when I've been looking for hidden stuff, maybe it was added with one of the patches? Thank you for sharing with us.

No, the walls were in the base game there. I showed the walls in August 2011 in a thread on Maty.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,20608.0.html
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 6:00 PM
This is very useful. More wall options=more fun. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Jan 2012 at 8:20 PM
Go figure, EA hides some of the better choices. I wonder if they do this on purpose so we will get all excited. It's like finding change in your laundry (or couch).
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 5:52 AM
wow, nice
Inventor
#8 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Heli
No, the walls were in the base game there. I showed the walls in August 2011 in a thread on Maty.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,20608.0.html
D'oh! I didn't know this page before. Thanks for the link.

Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917
Go figure, EA hides some of the better choices. I wonder if they do this on purpose so we will get all excited. It's like finding change in your laundry (or couch).
Yeah, it seems like sort of a treasure hunt - with each EP we'll have to search the hidden stuff.

And hey, I DID find some change in my laundry yesterday.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 4:13 AM
Wow! A nice wall!
But, I have a question. If I use this on a lot and upload it, will the people who download my lot have to download this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Black Zekrom
Wow! A nice wall!
But, I have a question. If I use this on a lot and upload it, will the people who download my lot have to download this?

As far as I understand it will still show up on the lot whether the downloader has this file or not BUT they won't be able to use the eye-dropper tool on the wallpaper themselves to copy it.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 7:16 PM
I really like this set, thank you. Just wondering how do you find hidden stuff? I've been getting into learning how to make things for Sims 3 & this is something I would like to try, but have no clue how to do it. :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eternal Rose
I really like this set, thank you. Just wondering how do you find hidden stuff? I've been getting into learning how to make things for Sims 3 & this is something I would like to try, but have no clue how to do it. :P

To be perfectly honest I stumbled across these two hidden walls whilst trying to do something else.
The way I found them though was simply to open S3OC and select "walls" as the thing I wanted to clone. Then just scroll through the list until you find something that you haven't seen in game before.
Tick the relevant boxes to make the object show in the catalogue and then make a clone WITHOUT renumbering. This makes it a default replacement instead of a new object.

Scholar
#13 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 5:45 PM
Doesn't work with 1.57
This is kind of weird, but this was crashing my game at the loading screen. I took this mod out and everything was fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Sep 2013 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
This is kind of weird, but this was crashing my game at the loading screen. I took this mod out and everything was fine.

I can only assume you had a conflict with something else then as I have these in my game with the latest 1.57 patch and I've not had any problems loading my game. It works fine.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th May 2014 at 7:11 PM
Thx....you're so kind.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 12th May 2014 at 2:02 AM
Thank You so very very much.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 11:27 PM
I`ll give this a try in my mostly-up-to-date game. ::nab::

Edit: ...and WHY does EA keep putting great stuff into the game without making it usable?