Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 2499 times.
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2012 at 12:03 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 13th May 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Default Alpha problem solved- groundshadow not - Worked around it.
Nevermind the alpha part. There was a typo that I didn't catch for some reason. So typo corrected, alphas show now.

Still needing fixed: The groundshadow for the corner island. I know I can make a shadow (and probably have to) but has anyone ever found a way around that?

Further edit: I made a shadow and imported it the way you would for any other custom mesh part. When I checked in game- ALL the island pieces were blue. There must be a different way to do this for islands? I added alpha shadows to the chairs and didn't have any problems at all. I was thinking the problem lies in there being more than one GMDC and SHPE. However, I added alphas to the tables AND the counters with no problems. Of course, the alphas were added to all the counter pieces. Do I have to add a shadow to all the island pieces and remove the references to the game shadows?

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download
Advertisement
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2012 at 12:51 AM
Well, after 3 days I'm going to assume nobody knows how to get the corner island ground shadow to work properly. I tried exporting one of MaryLou/Numenor's - the txtr and the txmt. That worked to a point. The shadow texture was all wrong, even though it was there, and any further edits I did resulted in a very faint "red/white/black/no texture" overlay.

So- I ended up making one more piece for my set. There's now one more shelf that fits in the corner of the island. It's shadow is fine, so I slaved the corner island's shadow to it. That means the new part has to be in the download folder- but it works for me. I plan on continuing trying to get that corner shadow to work. If I ever come up with a permanent solution, I'll post it.

BlogSpot
LJ
tumblr
Animated Fairy Lamp <---Latest Blog Download
Under The Stairs Storage Part 2 <---Latest tumblr Download

Section jump