Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 2556 times.
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2012 at 12:03 AM Last edited by mustluvcatz : 13th May 2012 at 12:46 AM.
Default Alpha problem solved- groundshadow not - Worked around it.
Nevermind the alpha part. There was a typo that I didn't catch for some reason. So typo corrected, alphas show now.

Still needing fixed: The groundshadow for the corner island. I know I can make a shadow (and probably have to) but has anyone ever found a way around that?

Further edit: I made a shadow and imported it the way you would for any other custom mesh part. When I checked in game- ALL the island pieces were blue. There must be a different way to do this for islands? I added alpha shadows to the chairs and didn't have any problems at all. I was thinking the problem lies in there being more than one GMDC and SHPE. However, I added alphas to the tables AND the counters with no problems. Of course, the alphas were added to all the counter pieces. Do I have to add a shadow to all the island pieces and remove the references to the game shadows?

Old tumblr Downloads (and others) are HERE
Old BPS Downloads (and others) are HERE
Saving The Sims Groups * You need to join to download
Advertisement
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th May 2012 at 12:51 AM
Well, after 3 days I'm going to assume nobody knows how to get the corner island ground shadow to work properly. I tried exporting one of MaryLou/Numenor's - the txtr and the txmt. That worked to a point. The shadow texture was all wrong, even though it was there, and any further edits I did resulted in a very faint "red/white/black/no texture" overlay.

So- I ended up making one more piece for my set. There's now one more shelf that fits in the corner of the island. It's shadow is fine, so I slaved the corner island's shadow to it. That means the new part has to be in the download folder- but it works for me. I plan on continuing trying to get that corner shadow to work. If I ever come up with a permanent solution, I'll post it.

Old tumblr Downloads (and others) are HERE
Old BPS Downloads (and others) are HERE
Saving The Sims Groups * You need to join to download