Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#26 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 2:02 AM
[QUOTE=Aegagropilon]If you're running Store Edition, the Ottomases are just fine. The Store Edition seems to be patched: teen aliens keep their eye color, no missing DNA in the Strangetown folk, Peter is the father of Samantha's twins, etc.

I no longer use the store edition, nor have downloaded anything from takemetotheriver so where does that officially leave the notorious twins? I have all the patches. And I don't want to nix them, if I don't have to. I also really don't want to play them, but I don't want to kill them all either. And I know deleting them is bad, however if I don't play them, they may wind up in my game anyways.

So, I've taken this into my hands and changed their names, except for Tommy. I made Dora, now Adora, a fortune Sim, so I don't have to give into her LTW of having six grandchildren. Peter, now is known as Fred is a fortune Sim, because really whose going to buy women, and some men lusting after him?

The kids will be gay, for the gene pool must stop! Which again has me asking is the family now stable to play?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 2:53 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 2nd Oct 2012 at 3:00 AM. Reason: Fix name of creator.
The only way (that I know of) to check whether the Ottomas family is corrupt is to open the neighborhood in SimPE and check out the father ID in Samantha's pregnancy controller (which is a token in the memory structure). If it isn't Peter's ID, then the family is corrupt. However, even if the family is corrupt, there is no problem unless you allow the pregnancy to come to term.

Actually, now that I think about it, you should be able to check this in-game using ChristianLov's pregnancy tester, or any other mod which will tell you the father.
Scholar
#28 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GlorianaGlowbee
That is not a horrible urge, that is an awesome urge which I highly recommend indulging as soon as possible.

Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Do it! Do it do it do it! You know you want to....

Oh, I will

And if Istanbul and Constantinople ever ask their mom how they got their names, Samantha'll just tell them the truth: she ate a lot of turkey while she was pregnant with them

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#29 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:09 AM

Sorry, what?

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 7:11 PM
In my game, the Ottomans twins appear in the Broke family tree, like they are the children of Suzanne (the mother in my Dutch game) and Brandi Broke! Is that something I missed or is that also a sign of corruption?
Mad Poster
#31 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 7:27 PM
Yeah, that's the problem with them: in an unpatched game, the father can be anyone. If the father is Brandi Broke, you might be OK apart from a borked family tree, but it's always possible I'm wrong! I believe problems arise when the father is the Stinky Skunk or a random pet or something. You also want to be wary of Sarah Crittur as she also has an unlinked pregnancy. In fact, as Samantha's pregnancy is definitely unlinked in your game, I'd abort Sarah's puppies right now if I were you.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 7:38 PM
I did patch my game, so I was expecting things to be normal.. But I'm not planning to play this family anyway, too hectic with 8 Sims!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 9:47 PM
If you play them and then patch it's too late.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#34 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:13 PM
If you installed the game and then didn't IMMEDIATELY patch, that's enough. They're in the... um, I want to say Pets stealth hood, is that right? Anyway, just loading a neighbourhood and having them created is enough for the problem to appear. Even if you then exit and patch, the damage is done, it won't fix the pregnancy if it's already broken, it'll just prevent it from happening again. So saying that, if you've now patched, any new neighbourhood they're added to should be fine.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 10:35 PM
Also, if the twins are born with a messed up family tree, I don't think it matters, at that point, whether or not the family is ever played again. Because IIUC, it's not just the family that's corrupted, but the whole neighborhood, right?

ETA: I've never been clear on the point at which it's too late, though. Is it at the point where the Pets stealth 'hood loads (that's the one I've heard it is too), or will the family and 'hood be safe just from the pregnancy being terminated right away?
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:41 AM
The first time I played the Ottomas family my game wasn't patched. That was when I first started playing Sims 2 and I didn't know any better. I honestly can't remember if the family tree was messed up, but I do remember being horrified when the twin babies were born. They had no eyes where their eyes should have been, but they each had one eye in the middle of their foreheads. I searched online to find out if it happened to anyone else and that was when I learned that my game should have been patched. Of course, by the time I found out, the damage had already been done. I moved the family back into the sim bin and continued to play Pleasantview without them.

About a year ago I had to reinstall my game and everything else on my computer, because the computer got a virus. I reinstalled all of the EPs and SPs in order and patched them all. By that time I had all of the EPs and most of the SPs. I started Pleasantview over and decided to try the Ottomas family again. Thankfully, the babies were born normal looking this time. They looked kind of scary when they grew up to toddlers, but they started to look more normal as they got older. The twin boys are teens now and they look alright. Their father is Peter, as it should be. So far I haven't had any problems with the family. I even decided to get David abducted by aliens. His baby will be the first alien to be born in Pleasantview. I'm looking forward to seeing what an Ottomas alien will look like.
#37 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I believe problems arise when the father is the Stinky Skunk or a random pet or something.

I wish quirks like this didn't corrupt the game, I'd love to have Stinky Skunk as a legacy founder on a family tree. Greatest "Deep dark family secret" ever?

I can't believe how many dangerous sims there are in the family bin, is the 'dog pregnancy' thing the reason why the Crittur Family messes everything up if you put them on a lot? I tried those furballs twice and they betrayed me both times.

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien
Mad Poster
#38 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:57 AM
The glitch that gives Samantha's twins the wrong father also give Sarah Crittur's pups the wrong father, yes. (At least, that's what I hear. Didn't check that in my own game, at the time.)

The Critturs give people fits for other reasons as well, though, because they're pre-conditioned to preferring sim food over pet food. Players who don't notice this often think they won't eat because they're glitched, when they actually just need to be either fed off plates, or re-trained to eat pet food.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 3:49 AM
My Ottomas DID have triplets thanks to Trips & Quads hack.
I read this thread 3 real days days too late though. The now toddler boys are pretty ugly and named Eli, Asher, and Samson.

*briefly considers renaming them Istanbul, Constantinople, and Byzantium*
Mad Poster
#40 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 9:35 AM
One of my twins came out with a random alien skintone. XD Whoops!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 7th Oct 2012 at 9:47 AM
Seriously, after reading this thread, I decided that David should buy a community lot and start selling ottomans.

In my game though, the Ottomases (I wonder if I wrote it correctly) had the twins and they had Peter as father. Since I was playing in HP's uberhood, I assume HystericalParoxysm fixed that.

I wouldn't want the twins to have Mrs. Crumplebottom as a parent anyway.
Scholar
#42 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:06 PM
I only recently downloaded Seasons and I've started playing the Ottomas family in one of the towns. Would a more recent download of it be patched properly or should I end Samantha's pregnancy before they are born?
Mad Poster
#43 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 8:55 PM
Did you patch Seasons before you loaded the neighborhood?

If not, don't risk it. Patch your game and feel free to play them in any neighborhood into which the Seasons stealth neighborhood is loaded from that point. If you did, or you know FOR A FACT that your Seasons came prepatched, no problem.

I suggest that you try to install the Seasons patch. If you get a pop-up to the effect that the patch has already been applied, then your neighborhood came pre-patched.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#44 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Did you patch Seasons before you loaded the neighborhood?

If not, don't risk it. Patch your game and feel free to play them in any neighborhood into which the Seasons stealth neighborhood is loaded from that point. If you did, or you know FOR A FACT that your Seasons came prepatched, no problem.

I suggest that you try to install the Seasons patch. If you get a pop-up to the effect that the patch has already been applied, then your neighborhood came pre-patched.

I've just installed it now. Since it wasn't pre-patched, should I delete the pregnancy, then?
Instructor
#45 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
I've just installed it now. Since it wasn't pre-patched, should I delete the pregnancy, then?

I don't know the right answer for you. But, if or when I play them, just to be safe, I'm going to terminate the pregnancy, and then get Samantha pregnant again. It's not worth it to me to sacrifice a whole game, if I know there's potential corruption with the twins. I have my game patched, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 10:26 PM
Use a hack like Simblender to do a pregnancy scan. If Peter is the father, you're fine and you can enjoy your ugly twins. If he's not the father, you can abort or relink him in SimPE.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 4th Dec 2012 at 10:34 PM
If you patched the game before the neighborhood loaded, you are safe and you won't be sorry, SimWhisperer! My twins are priceless. I feel like I'm desperately trying to keep people from killing them throughout the multiverse.

And besides, playing the Ottomai isn't really playing the Ottomai if you aren't suddenly bombarded by twins when you've barely found your feet with the family!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#48 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
If you patched the game before the neighborhood loaded, you are safe and you won't be sorry, SimWhisperer! My twins are priceless. I feel like I'm desperately trying to keep people from killing them throughout the multiverse.

And besides, playing the Ottomai isn't really playing the Ottomai if you aren't suddenly bombarded by twins when you've barely found your feet with the family!

Okay, if I play them, and if there are problems, I will hold you accountable Peni! I know to back it up first.

I've still changed their names, except for Dora and Tommy, only because I may want use Peter, Sam, David, and Sharla, for Sims I actually like. Who knows though, once I really play them, I may play them as their original name bearers!
Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 1:06 AM
1. Abort the pregnancy with InTeen/inSim/etc.
2. Make Samantha pregnant with twin with inTeen/inSim/ect.

Tada.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 5th Dec 2012 at 2:27 AM
^^I think that's definitely the way to go, if one is in doubt. After all, in a sim pregnancy, there's no actual sim until the birth itself - just an illusion created by the preg morphs - so "terminating" a pregnancy doesn't really terminate anything.
Page 2 of 3