Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Improved Cop-A-Feel: Loveseat OMSP For Beds **Updated 10/2012**

by Honeywell Posted 25th May 2012 at 4:09 PM - Updated 16th Dec 2016 at 1:01 AM by Honeywell

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th May 2012 at 5:45 PM
Oh this is awesome! I already know this will be over-used in my game. Thank you very much for making this and for sharing it
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:18 PM
A cute idea and a cute name!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th May 2012 at 6:47 PM
yay! I like your omsps before now 2 sims can use one thanks!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th May 2012 at 9:57 PM
Gosh, I've always wanted Sims to be able to do this. You, my dear, are a GENIUS! Now if only Sims could actually cuddle on a couch while watching TV, then my mooky snugglebunny Sims would have complete lives.
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th May 2012 at 10:16 PM
Thanks for commenting, guys. I hope they work out for you. I know with the chair ones they fit into my game seamlessly but these I'm not sure about yet--I haven't played with them. I mean, I don't want my sims to start napping on these instead of actually sleeping in their bed and if someone is sleeping in their bed I don't want someone else to come along and start napping! I might just add these to my college dorm bedrooms--that with the sofa woohoo that comes with ARC seems like a good use for these.

@Sophie-David I have to confess the main reason I made this was because after naming the others Cop-A-Squat, cop a feel came immediately to mind when someone said they wanted a loveseat omsp for beds.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th May 2012 at 3:54 AM
Cool! Linking the pillows to the bedding is a great idea!

I know you probably don't want to work on any more of these, but I have an idea for another version of this.

Unless you plan on making a version using the modular sofa seats, I imagine that using an altered version of this or the Cop-A-Squat OMSP could allow a person to use the stage tool to create a "wallpaper-able" seating area. The stage floor is what the Sims would appear to be sitting on. Just use the right flooring/wallpapering combo (decorators can add more decorative pillows as desired).

Demo of what I mean:

I had to seat the Sims first, then use cheats to move it over the stage and to reduce clipping of the legs. If the seat is already on the stage, the Sims complain about being unable to route to it. So the seat would need to be placed in front of the stage, with the SLOTs moved backward in space (where the stage would be). Sims should probably be able to walk through it, so that it doesn't block the floor it covers.

You could have a bay window with a "built-in" seat or whatever comes to mind. Just a thought...

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th May 2012 at 4:18 AM
Oh, I like that. I use the stages quite a bit to make fake window seats in bedrooms so what you describe would totally work for me. I'm absolutely terrible at getting things done in a timely manner though and I *really* want to finish this ice cream cart I'm working on to contribute to lee's website so if you want to make this I'll be your first downloader. If not, I'll see what I can come up with--it's a great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th May 2012 at 3:06 AM
Lmao, this is such a cute idea, love it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 27th May 2012 at 6:41 AM
nice idea but i dont use OMSPs, if i got this, then i would have to get them ALL since im such a perfectionist. great work :D
Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th May 2012 at 8:27 AM
I love this, but it's overriding a loveseat from the base game, the flowery one. I hope that's an easy thing to fix?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th May 2012 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I love this, but it's overriding a loveseat from the base game, the flowery one. I hope that's an easy thing to fix?
Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention, Sunbee. The new file with the corrected GUIDs has been uploaded and is available now to re-download.

I'm almost out of GUIDs to use so I created a list of all of the old ones I assigned and never ended up using. It's a new system for me, on paper I marked off the new GUIDs for this but I never actually applied them, but I can tell you it'll never happen again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th May 2012 at 7:55 PM
This looks amazing and I can't wait to play around with it in my game. Thanks Honeywell for getting around to making this!
Theorist
#14 Old 28th May 2012 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
I'm almost out of GUIDs to use so I created a list of all of the old ones I assigned and never ended up using.
There was a period in which update access to the SimPE online database had failed in such a way that none of us were able to obtain a new GUID group. Thankfully that problem has been fixed, so when you do run out of GUIDs you will be able to get more.
Theorist
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th May 2012 at 9:17 PM
@JadeInsane You're more than welcome. If after playing around with these if you'd like any autonomous actions disabled or notice something that would make these better let me know. I'm happy to make changes if I can.

Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
There was a period in which update access to the SimPE online database had failed in such a way that none of us were able to obtain a new GUID group. Thankfully that problem has been fixed, so when you do run out of GUIDs you will be able to get more.
Oh, that's a relief--I can tear up this stupid spreadsheet. Thanks so much for letting me know it's been fixed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th May 2012 at 11:54 PM
OMG, you just made my whole day girl! Including maybesomethingdunno's post, I've already thought of endless uses for this baby! It'll definitely play some nice, handy parts in PV:NG, thank you so much for sharing! *glomps you* <'3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th May 2012 at 4:17 AM
Thank you! I don't normally download OMSPs, but this one was too good to pass out, especially considering I have the ACR installed. Now my sims can have a few more choices of places to "go at it" (yes, I know, I have a dirty mind! *blushes*)!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th May 2012 at 3:32 PM
So, my sims can actually nap on their beds now?!

If so, I ha\/e been waiting fore\/er for something like this!!

Thanks! Can't wait to try it out!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st May 2012 at 8:23 PM
Fantastic! Works great. I find I'm putting it on almost all the single beds!
Thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 4:41 AM
Me, too! It's working great for me, too. I haven't had any issues with sims autonomously napping instead of sleeping.

Where is the invisble recolor without the pillows, though? Is it under the loveseat category, too? Maybe I'm just missing it.
Theorist
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 4:10 PM
I still haven't had a chance to play with it so really glad to hear it's working out for you guys.
Quote: Originally posted by neonhorn22
Where is the invisble recolor without the pillows, though? Is it under the loveseat category, too? Maybe I'm just missing it.
It's just another color choice for the pillows you're already using. If you can't tell by the thumbnail picture, you can just click through all of the color options until you find it. It'll have the custom content star so you can skip past all the thumbnails that don't have a star to get to it faster. I hope that helps.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 8:07 PM Last edited by neonhorn22 : 3rd Jun 2012 at 3:42 PM.
Hmmm....maybe I didn't flip through all of them. I thought I did and only saw the color options for all Maxis and CC bedding slaved to the pillows. I'll look again, though! I could've accidentally overlooked it!

ETA: Thank you again for this wonderful OMSP! I've always wanted my sims to nap on their beds! And now they can!!!

ETA: I found it! It was sandwiched in with all my CC bedding! Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 7:03 PM
Thank you, this is very useful!
Test Subject
#24 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 1:56 PM
SimPE still reports a guid conflict with the updated file (I checked twice to make sure I hadn't gotten the old one mixed up with the new one, it is the file last modified on the 27th). Is this a harmless conflict, or will I be missing a maxis item?
Theorist
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Toomany
SimPe still reports a guid conflict with the updated file (I checked twice to make sure I hadn't gotten the old one mixed up with the new one, it is the file last modified on the 27th). Is this a harmless conflict, or will I be missing a maxis item?
You won't be missing a Maxis item, that I know. Dunno about any conflict SimPE is reporting (either I don't have that feature or maybe I just don't know how to use it?) but as far as I can tell these work perfectly. I actually like them rather a lot and use them on all of my twin beds.

If you decide to try these even with the conflict I hope you let me know how you make out.
Page 1 of 2