Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TechZone - No CC!

by TheDeadSim Posted 22nd Jun 2012 at 2:56 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2012 at 4:11 PM by TheDeadSim

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 3:20 PM
Wow! This is really nice! good lot!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 3:38 PM
Love the design of your store. I'm always striving for that modern look and can never quite get it like this! It would tempt me to changelotzoning residential and move in some fabulously wealthy sim! Would that be possible?
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 3:50 PM
Lovely and without CC. Very modern looking.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 4:03 PM
Great modern look.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
Love the design of your store. I'm always striving for that modern look and can never quite get it like this! It would tempt me to changelotzoning residential and move in some fabulously wealthy sim! Would that be possible?

If you would like I can try to do a conversion (which would require deleting some windows for wall space. Although I am not sure if the moderators will let me upload a residential lot which is essentially a copy of this.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 4:48 PM
Ooh this looks fantastic! Love the exterior. Love that there's lots of room for sims to congregate inside. Love that there's no CC! Will totally be adding this store to my 'hood. Thanks for sharing!

As for converting it to a residential lot, I believe the "changelotzoning" cheat should work. Although... would a mailbox appear? Not sure about that. If not I guess that wouldn't work so well after all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Ooh this looks fantastic! Love the exterior. Love that there's lots of room for sims to congregate inside. Love that there's no CC! Will totally be adding this store to my 'hood. Thanks for sharing!

As for converting it to a residential lot, I believe the "changelotzoning" cheat should work. Although... would a mailbox appear? Not sure about that. If not I guess that wouldn't work so well after all.

I have used changelotzoning cheat in the past and I do believe that a mailbox will appear. Similar when a residential lot is converted to an apartment base, the mailbox changes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 7:54 PM
WEll DOne, I love this
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 9:35 PM
This will totally rezone just fine. I rezone stuff all the time. Since I already have an electronics store, although not as good as this LOL that's the first thing that popped into my head too! Gorgeous, I never get tired of good modern.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 10:16 PM
Oh look! An electronics store for Spellbound Pointe! Downloading now.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 10:44 PM
Great building! I agree it would also make a splendid modern home!

(If there's no mailbox appearing, there's also a buyable mailbox here: http://daydream.etowns.net/S2hacked.htm You have to copy and paste the link, else it gets redirected.)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 10:46 PM
Oh wow cute lot,love the layout too.Nice and easy too play.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 11:18 PM
That looks great The little "hook" you made with the exterior half walls, it's like a vertical maze! Thanks for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 11:33 AM
I was in a need of an electronics store but was too lazy to build it. So thank you for doing it for me in my favorite architectural style in a 2x2 lot and with no CC !! I almost never download any lot because of the cc. You're my hero !!
I can't wait to try it out and I hope that you'll build other lots like this !!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 11:42 AM
thank u
wow amazing house but my comp wont let me downlaod houses do u know y
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilahastings
I was in a need of an electronics store but was too lazy to build it. So thank you for doing it for me in my favorite architectural style in a 2x2 lot and with no CC !! I almost never download any lot because of the cc. You're my hero !!
I can't wait to try it out and I hope that you'll build other lots like this !!

I will always strive to avoid using custom because I remember when I used to only download, I didn't want to download extra custom content on top of what I had already downloaded.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by damod
wow amazing house but my comp wont let me downlaod houses do u know y

The more information you can give me will help resolve the problem. When exactly do you have the problem? Is it when you first press download or after you have downloaded and tried to install or after installing and it just won't show up in your game?

Firstly try checking you have the required EPs and SPs which I have listed in the downloads tab. Message me if you continue to have issues so I can try and resolve your problem.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 7:41 PM
That's awesome! I've been looking for a good electronics store for awhile.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 11:32 PM
Killer design, with the perfect choice of building materials. Light colored bricks with lots of glass go well together, IMO.
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:29 PM
This is amazing, i have tried to download houses but after i extract them into my game they aren't there. Anyway, can you please instruct me how to make that between floors, i hope you understand what i mean because i don't know the exact word for it (you know, so the second floor looks like the first). I'm sorry if i didn't explain it good, but hope you get it and answer me ... please!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by macedonianred
This is amazing, i have tried to download houses but after i extract them into my game they aren't there. Anyway, can you please instruct me how to make that between floors, i hope you understand what i mean because i don't know the exact word for it (you know, so the second floor looks like the first). I'm sorry if i didn't explain it good, but hope you get it and answer me ... please!

Sorry but you might have to be a bit more clear. I have sent you a message to try and further clarify my answer. If you are referring to that small level which is between the top and bottom levels, that was made using 'constrainfloorelevation' cheat. This allows you to squash levels like that. You can find many tutorials by searching it into google.

◄ TDS - TheDeadSim - Cam ►
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:39 PM
Thank you very much for the answer, yes i was thinking about that small level between two floors. And i have tried "boolprop constrainfloorelevation false" but i just can't do it, i was also searching for tutorials on google, but as i don't know the exact word i can not formulate my question right. If you can instruct me step by step i will be very thankful to you, or just tell me how to search for that tutorial. (Sorry if i made some mistakes in writing, english is not my native language) ...
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#24 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:49 PM
Well I don't know of many tutorials although this one may be helpful for you; http://www.simfansuk.com/sims/tutor...9/#.UO2Cy2_nvjY

I will be making some tutorials myself at some point which will make use of the constrainfloorelevation (CFE) cheat so if you like I will send you a message when I have completed some.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 8:55 PM
Mike Inside, a site hosted by MTS, has all kinds of CFE tutorials, with many how-to pictures. Many people learned how to build there.
Page 1 of 2