Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 2:09 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 12th Feb 2014 at 7:58 PM.
Default The Random Legacy Challenge (2nd Thread)
Welcome to our new thread!

This was formerly known as "The Random Legacy Challenge - Late Night Spin Off". That name wasn't accurate since we've moved well beyond Late Night, and this challenge is open to all expansion pack combinations, and lack thereof. Base-game simmers are welcome too!

HERE'S WHAT'S UP: 10 generations, with each generation living by randomized parameters, also known as "the roll".

HERE'S THE RULES & ROLLS: http://randomlegacychallenge.blogspot.com/

You can use whatever you want to roll, including the App listed on our rules blog there. I just use Random.Org (http://www.random.org/integers/) to roll each category individually.

HERE'S WHAT WE DO ON THIS THREAD: most of us blog about our legacies, and post links to updates here (it's not required for you to blog, but we'd love it if you share, if you do blog!). We also just chat here. And ask questions about the challenge here. And discuss potential changes to the challenge here. And... we're a friendly bunch.

Also, if you're interested, here's a list of current blogs: http://rluploads.blogspot.com/p/random-legacies.html

...You get the idea. If you don't, ask.

We're laid back. There aren't points. There's no competition. We've had players who really didn't like a certain roll (for example, someone who does have Late Night, but refuses to play celebrities) and exempted themselves from it. That's fine. We want you to HAVE FUN. Try not to exempt yourself from stuff you merely find challenging; just exempt yourself from stuff if you'd, like, quit the game over if someone forced you to go through with it.

Here's a link to our old board, which hit 500 pages: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments

We were afraid it was scaring away new people with its length, not to mention the LATE NIGHT in the title. You're not scared anymore, right? You feel warm and fuzzy and welcomed?...

Good, good.

Just as planned.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 4:50 PM
I'm glad you started a new thread myself. I've been looking around for legacy challenges and I never really checked this one out because I thought it was specifically a late night challenge. Guess I should've looked into it, but I didn't. But I think I'll try out this challenge soon, I really like the random app and all that, I like doing things like that with my sims.
Test Subject
#3 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 5:10 PM
Hah, I'm one who was intimidated with the length of the other thread so never went beyond the first page.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 5:40 PM
Wow, that was fast. =O Seems a new thread was sorely needed!

Welcome, you two! Let us know if you've got questions. =)

For oldbies from the old thread who have been following my blog, chapter 111 is up: http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012...1-like-man.html
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#5 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 12:14 AM
So, per our discussion on the old thread, I did decide to turn my Avendale Legacy into a random legacy. Generation 5 will be a hybrid generation, with generation 6 becoming the full fledged RL. So far, I am up to Generation 4, Chapter 11, with Generation 5 ready to take over in 2 chapters or so (well, that and when the heir vote ends). The link to the whole blog is in my signature but I won't start sharing updates until at least Generation 5.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 12:28 AM
Sounds fun! Looks like I have some back-reading to do. ^.^

I rarely have two updates in a day, but today I do.

http://archlegacy.blogspot.com/2012...good-times.html
Scholar
#7 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 1:41 AM
Heaven's legacy is definately worth the back reading. One of my favourites. (Oh and don't forget the tissues!)

Glad the new thread is already bringing in new faces! Welcome!

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Inconceivable!
#8 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 1:54 AM
Great introduction, Becky! Well put.

This is random and off-topic, but I am moving tomorrow. The name of one of my movers is "Fidget". Again, totally random, but I just had to share. I'm kind of in love... Maybe I'll name my next heir after him!

No updates from me tonight (probably... unless I can't sleep for whatever reason). I'm re-writing my story contest entry. Again. I was completely finished with my first chapter (screenshots done and everything), but I decided it was crap and scrapped it. I also need to catch up on legacies. Again. Maybe I'll do that tonight too.

Edit: And yes, I realize it is Friday night and I am stuck at home playing Sims. Judge away.
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 2:07 AM
Judging!

I have a chapter done but I don't think I'll post it until tomorrow night. Struggling with a scene so I might re-write that part.

Right now I'm out shopping.

Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 2:13 AM
Fidget was one of the live-action 101 Dalmations (as opposed to the handful of named puppies in the original cartoon). I know because I had a plush toy of him as a kid. When I pulled the string, he'd shake his head back and forth... the toy was supposed to play tog-o-war with you; it had a scrap of red cloth sewn to its mouth. But the shaking was so rapid and only lasted 3 seconds, so it wasn't really fun to play tug-o-war with. So it was just this awkward stuffed animal that went insane and made a weird noise for 3 seconds when I pulled the string.

/nonsense

Will you doom Fidget to be neurotic? xD
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 2:32 AM
Awww, thanks for the recommendation Reya.

Also Buckley, it is Friday night for me and the extent of my plans is to have a friend over, drink coronaritas and watch the Vampire Diaries. We can be judged together.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Alchemist
#12 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 4:23 AM
Great, I'm glad you got the new thread going, Becky! It looks awesome.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 6:06 AM
Yay new board! So I'm going to be on a 14 hour car ride out to PA tomorrow and I'm thinking of restarting a new legacy. It's been so long since I've had time to update my old one and I forgot where I was even going with it... I apologize I'll roll for my founding generation after I make my starting sim!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 7:48 AM
Welcome new people!

Quote: Originally posted by Buckley
Edit: And yes, I realize it is Friday night and I am stuck at home playing Sims. Judge away.

Nothing wrong with playing Sims on a Friday night, just think of all the money you're saving by not going out...

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Test Subject
#15 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 5:09 PM
This thread is already getting pretty busy.

Anyway, I'd love to read all of your legacies and I'd LOVE to have the patience to post one of my own. Problem being, despite laziness, time and a decent internet connection.
Space Pony
#16 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 6:31 PM Last edited by charmedqueen : 30th Jun 2012 at 9:56 PM.
So because when I deleted all my CC, I also deleted saved sims, and save files, and all that fun stuff, none of my previous Legacies survived, I'm going to start a new one. And I'm gonna stick with it. I have a great idea for it that I've written down. So, hopefully, my game will allow me to actually play it.

Also, nothing wrong with playing Sims on a Friday night... All my Fridays are like that. Saturday nights too.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Test Subject
#17 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 9:46 PM
I deleted all my CC today too, and with it all my saves and stuff. Here's hoping my game lets me play now. Sad because I have an awesome computer but my game crashes at random times. So, time to start this challenge over.
Scholar
#18 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 9:59 PM
I wish you two the best of luck with your new legacies (You too Cyyk. I'll miss the Amarels)

With each generation I get through I get more and more scared that I'll fuck up and deleate all my sims and save games. I'm on generation 21! I can't stop now!

Update:

3.6 - Picture Perfect http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspo...244ea68f43f679d

I am quite proud of the photos in this chapter. River's so pretty <3.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 5:06 AM
Hooray for new people and the new thread!

Buckley, I didn't know there where other things to do on a Friday night besides play Sims, hehe.

I managed to get an update as well as recovered what I lost from the crash a few days ago. Chapter 3 is here: http://tudorsimslegacy.blogspot.com...-new-faces.html
Instructor
#20 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 8:22 AM
So... I got Lucky Palms today... Thought I'd actually buy a town for once... Seems pretty good, but I'm not really someone who knows what to look for when it comes to town failures
Inconceivable!
#21 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 8:25 AM Last edited by Buckley : 1st Jul 2012 at 10:37 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
Will you doom Fidget to be neurotic? xD

That is an absolutely brilliant (and in turn hilarious) idea! I definitely think I will. Now I just need to make an heir that would be inclined to name their child Fidget. Lol, I need an Arjun.

So, if you all thought my Friday night was exciting, how about this for a Saturday evening: I fell asleep at 8:00 p.m. and now I'm awake at 2:30 a.m. Wild and crazy, I know. At least I have an excuse, what with moving in 100+ degree heat. Gotta love Texas summers.

@Maddie and charmed- Good luck with your new legacies! I am looking forward to reading them!

@hjaxon- Glad you recovered from your crash! That's always such a pain to replay what you've already done.

Edit: Teal, I bought it too after I read the review by kiwi_tea. He's an amazing world builder and gave it really good ratings, so it was a good buy imo.
Instructor
#22 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 8:40 AM
I did things in a slightly reversed order... Bought then did a quick google scan of terrible terrible problems, but nothing turned up so all good.
Space Pony
#23 Old 1st Jul 2012 at 10:22 PM
Happy Canada day to any Canadians here. :D

I got Lucky Palms, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to like my computer, every time I load it, my computer crashes.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Scholar
#24 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 2:59 AM
Happy Canada Day! I had BBQ <3

Update!

3.7 - Pearls and Things http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspo...and-things.html

Babies. Babies everywhere. O_O

Field Researcher
#25 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 8:22 PM
New thread! Awesome!

I have an update for my random legacy - chapter 1.7: http://diffylegacy.blogspot.com/201...chapter-17.html

The teenager stage for perfect children is pretty difficult, my teen is always in a bad mood with that part-time job. Luckily his father mastered mixology so nice mood-enhancing drinks...uh, juice is ready for him when he gets home. Wouldn't get through homework without it! XD
Page 1 of 676