Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#51 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 4:48 AM Last edited by leo06girl : 21st Jul 2012 at 5:23 AM.
Meredith: *hears them pull up and runs and opens the door* Hi, Mama says come in. We go vanilla ice cream. I picked out chocolate and caramel syrup at the store. Now we can order pizza! Can we get breadsticks too? My favorite is pepperoni. My mama likes thin crust, but I like thick crust. The movie is already in the player. I was watching it last night, but I fell asleep. We can start it over though. Hey Demi, wanna go play Barbies?

Kaydee Jade: *smiles at them and Meredith* In case you haven't noticed, she's a bit of a chatterbox. Come on in and have a seat.

What kind of pizza do you two like?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 5:25 AM
Hannah
"Pepperoni's good," I say.

Demi
Mommy gives me the Barbies I brought with me. "I have a beach Barbie and Ken," I say, holding them up.

:) <3 :) <3
Inventor
#53 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 6:10 AM
Meredith: Good, I have those too, and the pool! Let's go!

Kaydee Jade: * as the girls run to Meredith's room to play* *calls in pizza order* It should be here in half an hour. P.S.- be thankful for the ice cream, otherwise our dessert would come from the easy bake oven, which would not be good, but I would NEVER tell Meredith that.

By the way, please don't mention my father or Kyle in front of her. She doesn't know anything yet, and I think she's too young to be told about that situation. I know she needs to know the whole story, but not yet. I'm sort of dreading when I'm going to have to tell her.

Anyway, what have you been doing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 8:45 PM
Hannah
"Absolutely. Well, I've been staying home to take care of Demi. She's about to start preschool in a few weeks."

Inventor
#55 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 9:43 PM
Kaydee Jade: Awesome! I wish I could stay home when Meredith is out of school. I've interviewed three people since we've been here to stay with her, but she didn't really like any of them. And the Day Camp was full.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 12:19 AM
((Dang! This thread is growing FAST! Here's to hoping for more members!))

Later that evening me and the woman (who's name is Allison, as I later learn) decide to leave the park and go out somewhere.

"Now where should we go?" I ask
"Hmmm, how about that new club, the Cake Pleasure Dome?" Allison suggests
"You mean that candy coated strip club? Heck naw, son!"
"Oh, is that what it is? I hadn't heard of that." she replies, blushing slightly
"It's okay, we all make mistakes. Hey I know! We can go get some food at the bistro!"
"Sure!" she happily responds, "I love Italian!"

So we head out for some dinner. We have an interesting conversation on our "first date" of sorts, and by the end of the night, I think I have a girlfriend.

((Romance is blooming for Duncan, but what will Allison thinks when she finds out his little secret? Find out next time on "A Sunny Life: The Graduates"! *theme music starts to play*))
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 2:19 AM
Hannah
"Maybe I could watch her. I'm not working yet and I'm sure she and Demi can bond over Barbies for a bit."

((XD))

Inventor
#58 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 2:32 AM
Kaydee Jade: That would be great! Let me ask her to see what she thinks.

Hey Meredith, come in here for a minute.

Meredith:
I heard Mama call me, so I went to see what she wants.

Kaydee Jade:
Would you like to stay with Hannah and Demi when I am at work?

Meredith:
Yea! We can play Barbies! Does Demi like dress up?

Kaydee Jade: Great! Why don't you go get Demi and fix your movie because the pizza should be here soon. Grab a sheet from the hall closet too, for you girls to sit on while you eat.

Meredith:
Okey Dokey!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 3:07 AM
Hannah
I smile. "This is great, getting to reconnect."

Inventor
#60 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 3:21 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 23rd Jul 2012 at 4:47 AM. Reason: Goonies never say die.
Name: Thompson (Tom) Doyle
Bio: Thompson grew up in a free-spirited home. Her parents firmly believed in allowing their children to learn through experience and because of this, Thompson got into a lot of trouble simply because she could. She's been fired from a grand total of 7 jobs (and counting) because her art (and formerly, her education) take precedence. Being a recent graduate, Thompson has found times to be particularly tough and although she wished to hopefully make a name for herself within the budding art scene in Sunset Valley - she's had to suck it up and take a job as a bartender at the local dive, "The Brick House." She is moving into the crummy townhouse right next to the bar.
Personality: Insomniac, a bit abrasive, incredibly loyal to her friends, inappropriate, funny, sarcastic, hot-headed, can be too trusting, has always been the one to go against the norms
Image or description: She's medium height, thin, deep brown hair, green eyes - has a lip piercing, multiple ear piercings, and a sleeve tat on her right arm.
Do you promise to be nice and have fun?: Psh, no. Totally kidding. I'll be nice, but I can't promise Tom always will be - she's got a temper.

Name: Niles Hendricks
Occupation: Unemployed/Professional Student/Does odd jobs when he really needs cash
Bio: Niles' childhood was incredibly normal. He'd lived in the same, quiet suburb for the whole of his childhood and early adulthood and promised himself that he would never follow his parents boring footsteps. When he was accepted to SVU - a school halfway across the country - he jumped at the chance to leave his old hometown behind. He's been attending SVU on and off since he was 18, switching his major and areas of interest so many times that his graduation date remains indefinite. He doesn't care much, being in no rush to join the working community. Niles was kicked off of student housing recently, leaving him with no permanent residence - he's been couch surfing since. His old friend from University, Tom, has offered him her couch in payment for helping her move into her new place.
Personality: Has an affinity for technology (mostly computers), somewhat lazy, sarcastic, incredibly optimistic, crosses between introvert and extrovert depending on his mood
Image or description: Tall, lean, black hair, brown eyes
Do you promise to be nice and have fun?: Yessum

((Having read through everyone's entries, I'm not too sure how I'll get these two properly introduced to your characters. I'll guess we'll see how this goes... I'll anxiously await approval before jumping into the fray.))

"Goonies never say die."
Inventor
#61 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 4:42 AM
((really hope the new characters get approved!))

Meredith: *hears the Pizza guy ring the doorbell* Good thing he's here, I'm as hungry as a hungry, hungry hippp.

Kaydee Jade:
It it great reconnecting. *pays Pizza guy and set it on the table* What does everyone want to drink? We have diet cran-cherry juice, lemonade, sweet tea, water, and diet caffeine free Dr. Pepper. I made the lemonade and tea with sweet and low.
Does Demi have a sippie cup, or can she handle a regular cup?

Meredith: Mama hates too much sugar and caffeine! The only candy she lets me have is all sugar free.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 7:41 PM
Hannah
"Lemonade for both of us. She can have a regular cup as long as it's not too full."

((Approved! I'll add you in a bit))

Inventor
#63 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mbhoban
Hannah
"Lemonade for both of us. She can have a regular cup as long as it's not too full."

((Approved! I'll add you in a bit))

Kaydee Jade: Ok, I've got a lot of kid sized cups. *talking to Demi* Do you want a straw too, like Meredith?
*spreads the girls' blanket then fixes their drinks and pizza; fixes the adults' drinks and food as the girls get settled to watch the movie and eat*

Meredith: Mama, you forgot my breadsticks!

Kaydee Jade: Oh, sorry, here they are. Here's one for you too Demi.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:24 PM
Demi
I nod and sit next to Meredith.

Hannah
I cut up Demi's pizza so it's easier for her to eat.

Inventor
#65 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 11:02 PM
Kaydee Jade: *sits down with her own food* So Hannah, are you still in school or have you graduated?
Field Researcher
#66 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 1:31 AM
((Yey another male character :P. And as for introducing your character to ours it's not necessary. The closest Duncan has got to the others was see Isabelle and Hannah in the park. Speaking of OwlCityGirl, she hasn't posted in a while. Wher'd she go?))
Inventor
#67 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 1:41 AM Last edited by GigaRevival : 24th Jul 2012 at 3:52 AM. Reason: Goonies never say die.
Tom
I huff as we place the last box on the floor of my squalid townhouse. I expected it to look, well bad, but not this bad.

"They really screwed you over didn't they?" I hear Niles chuckle to himself and I punch him in the shoulder, to let him know I'm not amused. "Ow. Okay!" He puts his hands up in defeat, smiling. "At least you have a place of your own. That's more than I can say."

I frown. "Yeah. I guess." I mutter. I glance around the room wondering if any of my stuff can actually make this place look like a home and not some broken down halfway house. "This place sucks." I sigh in defeat, turning toward the door.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" Niles questions.

"To go for a walk. Unpacking is going to require far more investment into this place than I'm willing to give right now."

Niles falls back onto the couch. "All right. Just don't expect me to unpack for you."

I laugh. "Wouldn't dream of it."

Niles
The couch is uncomfortable, but it's a place to sleep. I sweep the messy black hair out of face, only to realize it's all in vain. I'm sweating, and it's sticking to my face. Gross.

I get up, stubbing my toe on one of the many boxes that litter the living room, and decide to test out the new shower. Then a nap... yes a glorious nap sounds good after a hard days work.

((I usually RP in an odd story style - sometimes flipping between first and third person, if it calls for it (just a forewarning) - I hope that is okay with everyone. And thanks for approving them! Thanks gizmoman - however, me and leo06girl have an eventual meeting cooked up. I wanted my characters to get introduced to most everyones through some means, just to make it interesting. I would love it if Niles or Tom were able to meet yours as well? It's entirely up to you though. Message me if you're okay with it! LONGEST.SIDE NOTE.EVER.))

"Goonies never say die."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#68 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 3:43 AM Last edited by mbhoban : 24th Jul 2012 at 5:45 AM. Reason: edit
(( ))
Hannah
"I dropped out when I had Demi."

((I am changing the first post, second rule, so if everyone could check it out that would be great!))

Inventor
#69 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 4:26 AM Last edited by leo06girl : 24th Jul 2012 at 6:44 AM.
Kaydee Jade: Yea, it was really hard for me. I did a home school diploma at the home for teenage mothers I lived in for awhile. After that, I had to go to school part time and work full time. I majored in nursing and minored in business. I hated being away from Meredith. But it was necessary, because I wanted to give her better than what we had at the time. It was really hard, but I wouldn't change having my daughter. What were you going for?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 4:46 AM
Hannah
"Nutrition. I was really into gymnastics and eating right and I wanted to work with therapists and hospital patients to help the get into shape and eat right."

Inventor
#71 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:03 AM
Kaydee Jade: That's awesome! I hope you get a chance to finish. Good nutrition is very important to me. Some moms from Meredith's old school have actually made fun of me for almost never letting her have fast food or junk food.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:21 AM
Hannah
"Wow. I grow most of my food. I have a garden where I grow some fruits and veggies and my family owns a huge ranch nearby where I can get fresh milk, meat, and cheese. Plus Demi loves to visit the new colts that were just born."

Inventor
#73 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:35 AM Last edited by leo06girl : 24th Jul 2012 at 5:47 AM.
Kaydee Jade: I wish I could say the same. I have to get my growable stuff from the Farmer's Market, because I don't have the time or space to grow anything except a small herb garden. Everything else comes from the grocery store. *whispers* I grew up on a ranch as well, only we raised bucking bulls and horses. I always thought I would and wanted, still do, to work on and eventually take over the ranch.But after what happened with *mouths the next word* Dad, I'm not willing to go there and open that can of worms.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:45 AM
Hannah
I nod.

Inventor
#75 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 5:52 AM Last edited by leo06girl : 24th Jul 2012 at 6:17 AM.
((I've just gotten an idea for a storyline for Kaydee Jade and Meredith))

Meredith: I'm done, can we have ice cream now?

Kaydee Jade: We have to wait until everyone is through.
Page 3 of 9