Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 11:41 PM
Let her have the baby!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 11:45 PM
Could she talk Clovis into it...

Well, he's never said no to her - ever. When she found out she was pregnant and accosted him while he was on a date with somebody else, he immediately tried to smooth talk her, borking up his date. She has two doctors in her family, so the procedures could be done quietly and cheaply. She's an established expert at turning off male inhibitions, though these particular ones aren't the ones she's used to turning off. And, you know, there's the whole "if I get pregnant again my bosom will triple in size again" argument, which you have to admit is a powerful one. And he loves both kids to the point that he blew off work a couple of times to take care of them.

So yeah, she could definitely talk him into it!

As for what the nose itself looks like, given my crappy picture-taking skills and the size I'm constrained to by I'm-not-sure-what, this is probably as good a shot as I'm going to be able to locate for you, unless I went back in and took an extreme close-up (which I can't always get) just for this purpose. And it sucks. I don't have anything that shows exactly how skinny it is, though.

I was modelling it on a friend's nose, and it's set way up on his face and is short vertically, but extremely hooked and longish laterally, and absolutely as narrow as I could make it, except that the nostrils flare a bit. I was going for the whole "toucan" effect, and I doubt I could ever duplicate it.

As for Fivey's question - I'm thinking that this is one to toss to ACR and roll with the consequences, because there's no shortage of beautiful drama any way you look at it. But it needn't just be a dilemma; it could be a trilemma! Perhaps you should introduce a third potential partner as a tie-breaker, so the brothers could bond in mutual hatred of both of them?

Yeah, I know, I'm no help at all!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 11:54 PM
Ok everyone, to make things easier for Peni, lets vote!

To those who want Clovis and Sadie to have a baby (by tying the tubes again and Sadie stops taking birth control pills), click agree on this post (my post, not the one above).

Those who say no, click disagree.

Those who think another alien baby should be added to the family (by abduction, of course), click Helpful.

*Abuses clicking AGREE!*
Forum Resident
#29 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 11:55 PM
Agreeing with the rest. Don't loose the nose if you still have a chance to keep it in the genetics. You aren't ofcourse sure the others do have it in their genes ánd that their children inherited it. That would be too insecure for me to leave it at that chance. As far as the big neighbourhood goes. Does one extra child really is too many? If it is, aren't there elders that are about to die?
Forum Resident
#30 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:00 AM
As far as the choice between two lovers for Lilac goes. When she is in the room with the two of them together with whom is she intending to spend her time (more)? Who does she choose when you give her the option with both of the potentials in the same room?
Scholar
#31 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mirjamsim2love
As far as the choice between two lovers for Lilac goes. When she is in the room with the two of them together with whom is she intending to spend her time (more)? Who does she choose when you give her the option with both of the potentials in the same room?

This, definitely this.

In my game, Ruby may be triple bolts with her brother-in-law Test, but her double-bolter husband Grimm is the one that she's always enjoyed spending time with the most. When they were kids, she'd spend more time playing with Grimm than Test.

(And then there's the story of the time that Frieda Subject -- back when she was Frieda Evans -- completely snubbed a triple-bolt blind date with policeman Chandler Couderc with ACR active.)

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#32 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:42 AM
There's no guarantee that if she does manage to talk him into having the baby that the baby will get the nose. Sim Genetics seem to be weird and strongly favor one parent over another (at least in my game). And since one more baby seems to be a dilemma, all that stress and the baby doesn't get the nose...
Field Researcher
#33 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 12:52 AM
I'd go into simpe, make sure his nose is dominant and her's is not and then let her talk him into it.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 1:56 AM

Hm. Lemme check. Might be hard, because Hank is typically too busy trying to slaughter Dale (and visa versa) to get a good reading.

Okay, so this is how it went.

For the most part, the attention she gave was equal.

It was difficult getting a precise reading, since Lilac went after them both. However, the brothers seemed much more interested in each other (they were close) than they were getting a girlfriend. Most of the autonomous interactions they had with Lilac were friendly, not romantic. Hank had the horrible dirty jokes, while Bill had an obsession with pillow fights. No progress on the situation was done whatsoever.

So, I took drastic measures.

Since Hank was a Family sim, and Bill a Popularity, I figured the most fair way to determine it was to change Lilac's aspiration. I already had a Knowledge oriented girl in the neighborhood (the girl quadruplet, Peggy), so it seemed excessive. I changed her to Fortune, so aspiration wasn't the biggest foot in the equation, and changed her turn ons to Red hair and makeup - something that both boys had. Both of their turn ons were compatible with Lilac. They were both two bolts when I did that.

In the end, Bill was the champion. Hank shouldn't fret, though - there's an adorable Family-oriented triplet in the neighborhood who is as much of an ass as he is.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
There's no guarantee that if she does manage to talk him into having the baby that the baby will get the nose. Sim Genetics seem to be weird and strongly favor one parent over another (at least in my game). And since one more baby seems to be a dilemma, all that stress and the baby doesn't get the nose...

Well, she can create a separate back-up, that she can keep it in a safe place, away from the usual back-ups, before having both try for a baby, if the baby grows (into a toddler) with the nose, all is well, otherwise, just get to the back-up and try again.
Scholar
#36 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 2:58 AM
Fivey: Glad to see things worked out

A big dilemma in my game, one that has been an issue for a long time now, has finally seen a resolution.

Former maid Genesis Lam used to be engaged to Joshua Evans back when he was in college, and they had a daughter together named Freya. Genesis died in a cooking fire when Freya was a toddler, which meant that Freya was raised by her grandparents until Joshua got out of college. Joshua reconnected with his highschool sweetheart Beth Hart during that time and they got married following graduation. When Freya was a child, she resurrected her mom.

While I removed the "crush/love" tag to prevent Genesis from immediately throwing the house into chaos (which would have upset Freya immensely), it became obvious that Genesis wasn't about to get over Joshua. She was still desperately in love with him; no matter what, her ACR token showed her as having interest in no one. Genesis continued to live with her daughter, her ex-boyfriend, and his wife and she would do things like congratulate Beth and Joshua on their marriage and look sad when the couple would go off to bed. While she was upbeat when others could see her, she was a walking Adele song when she was alone.

Freya is in college now and Genesis is still living with Beth and Joshua, and, while I've sent her on blind dates, she steadfastly refused to interact with them. She'd just stick close to Joshua or Beth and avoid the date until the timer ran out.

But, I remembered someone: back when she first became a playable, Genesis quickly became friends with a townie named Alon. He's super-duper nice, and he loves to ventrilofart people as much as she does.

They lost track after Genesis's death, and I admittedly forgot about him. He annoyed me at the time: he was nothing but nice to Genesis and helped her out a lot with Freya, whom he got along great with, though it seemed like he was trying to lead her away from Joshua. They recently reconnected and, well, neither's feelings had changed.

She does like him (and her ACR token shows her as liking him!), but he's got a hard road ahead of him

She already seems happier, though

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Forum Resident
#37 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
Hm. Lemme check. Might be hard, because Hank is typically too busy trying to slaughter Dale (and visa versa) to get a good reading.

Okay, so this is how it went.

In the end, Bill was the champion. Hank shouldn't fret, though - there's an adorable Family-oriented triplet in the neighborhood who is as much of an ass as he is.

But in the first picture she thinks of somebody so she did choose in a way, I think.
Is that Bill or isn't he?
At least you sorted it out for her. She seemed a bit indesicive.
That's what also so great about Sims. They keep you busy, thinking about and care for what happens to them.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:26 AM
But in the first picture she thinks of somebody so she did choose in a way, I think.
Is that Bill or isn't he?
At least you sorted it out for her. She seemed a bit indesicive.
That's what also so great about Sims. They keep you busy, thinking about and care for what happens to them.

Yes, that was Bill in the thought bubble, but Bill is a popularity sim. She was basically acknowledging his status as a popularity sim.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:42 AM
Genesis's story has got to be the saddest one in sims history! She shouldn't be living in that house - it's just torturing herself.

The trouble with restoring from a backup if I find the nose hasn't been passed on, is that since I do one-day rotations it'd be a heck of a lot of play to play over if I went through aging normally and then restored, with no guarantee of getting the nose that time, either. I'd have to save immediately before loading the game, have the baby, save, age it up with a cheat, and then quit without saving and either restore the backup (quitting the game to do it) or get back in depending on whether or not I got the nose. I'm not sure where the point of diminishing returns is on that.

As for messing with the DNA, "nose" is already listed in the "Features" field under "Dominant Gene." Yet Andice got an alien vestigial nose and Lance got Sadie's flat one (only I think it's narrower), which is also in the "Dominant" field. I've never understood how the features passed, anyway. I know Sadie's Ma's freakishly huge eyes come in a number of different shapes after gene-mixing, because no two of her large-eyed children have the same shape.

If I do this, I'll probably just pay my money and take my chances to get an extra roll of the dice. I probably will let her have another baby. She is a Hawkins, after all. She made such a big deal about not marrying, not having kids, not settling down, that her deciding in the end to do on purpose what was originally all accident is poetic.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 6:06 AM
Haha just let her have the baby and give him another alien pregnancy.

Basically like they would be saying "Baby we're going through this together!"

This way you double the chances of passing the nose.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#41 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 9:16 AM
The tube-tying procedure is known to fail you know.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#42 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 9:27 AM Last edited by Simsica : 8th Aug 2012 at 7:56 PM.
Aegagropilon, that story is so beautiful and touching. She's going to be just fine, after all that happened to her. She deserves happiness. Please, don't take it away from her. Be a merciful Goddess

So, guys, what do you think about my dillema? My "romantic" hood, I mean? I didn't solve it. I had another hood to run to when things got nasty - it's much easier to decide whether a Sim is going to eat a grilled cheese than it is if I'm going to destroy a family, and not one - literally all of them! And then some more, meaning all those single Sims in love with these... "romantics".

I've gone into this way of playing precisely for the drama. I mean, I randomized like crazy, I stayed in charachter, etc. I guess I got what I was asking for. But I never asked for this much drama!
And it's an adorable hood. I put so much thought into it, I don't want to lose it.

The hood in question Simville is the shopping district of Elsewhere (Plasticbox ). The "romantic" destiny is however only Simville's. Elsewhere Sims are normal.

An example. Pamela Reese is a family Sim - on the surface. But beneath it all she has that woohoo LTW. She has a family - a teen boy and a kid girl, and now she wants another baby. Her husband adores her. It appears that she loves him too. But then her teen met a girl. The girl has a father. Pamela likes him *a lot*. Ever since the girl brought him over and the son introduced the two, Pamela's been stalking their house! And whenever she sees him, she's immediately all over him with admires and jokes. His own family is a happy one, but he isn't exactly a faithful material himself (I couldn't mark him with a "set to faithful" with ACR - that is only for family Sims and some special cases that act that way despite their aspirations).
See where this is headed?

And this is only one of the cases. I have a similar problem in almost all hoseholds in this sub hood, except the one of my self Sim (she, her cats and her bookstore also live here) and this one single fortune Sim whose only problem is his extreme grouchiness, which is no problem at all compared to these... "romantics".

ETA: Maybe I should really kill them off and populate the cemetery so that Irene Turner and Eloise Randall have a place to go ghost hunting. Then I'm gonna bring Pamela's son and Layton's daughter there to make out and provoke them to emerge so that Irene and Eloise have a real chance of seeing ghosts. Maybe someone even pees themselves. Haven't seen that one in a while anyway.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#43 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 10:21 AM
Geesh, that's a beautiful hood! Mine are all plain and bare bones.

Play it out for a while longer? Maybe, you can get a few Sims furious enough to achieve the interesting, 'see ghost of ----' want? I've never been able to fulfill that particular want. .
Scholar
#44 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 10:33 AM
Beautiful, right? It's an homage to Plasticbox. I started working on it the moment I've learned that she's left the community. I just had to use all those gorgeuos little lots in the same place, to get over the loss. The entire Elsewhere is Plasticbox - I only decorated it and populated it. With these pests. They're ruining my homage.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#45 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 1:57 PM
You saved the lots, right? You can always reuse the neighborhood.

I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with all these romantics on a case-by-case or perhaps a percentage basis. It appears to me that what you've got is too much of a good thing. Decide what level of unfaithfulness you're willing to deal with, and change your rule to allow yourself to set ACR in the hood to a level at which you're comfortable.

There's an intrinsic interest to playing a sim with an essential character conflict. I have several Romance or Romance Secondary sims who believe firmly that marriage is sacred. Mary Munny would feel faithless to her dead husband if she married any of the young men she's been educating; Sadie's little sister Sparrow is married Family with a Romance secondary and is determined to behave herself in the face of significant temptations; Sadie herself spent the early part of her adult life saying that it was because marriage was sacred and children should be the most important thing in a parent's life and for those reasons they weren't for her. Sadie actually went through college refusing to do anything that could conceivably get her pregnant and inventing ingenious and delightful ways to satisfy her natural urges without that. Like Mary, she had a no-committed-men policy - the ring is a dealbreaker. Which is a little awkward now that she's married, when she runs into an old flame and flirts out of habit. I have a whole elaborate (for me) set of sub-rules about when and how my former Mr. Big, who is crazy about his wife but has the backbone of a jellyfish, will succumb to the temptations of the Diva. Estebanico Casa is a jackass with a double standard; he wants to date "bad girls" and maintain a pure and virtuous wife as the mother of his children. Jim Spitzig also has a weakness for "bad girls," so he married one.

The thing is, this isn't an all-or-nothing situation and they don't have to all handle it the same way. They can fight temptations. They can screw up and recover without being found out; they can be caught, redeem themselves, and break up the illicit relationship instead of the marriage. The balance of power in a relationship can shift with the moral high ground. They can walk an emotional tightrope, suffer frustration, develop coping behaviors that have their own downsides. My Mr. Big fights his tendency to stray by writing romance novels. Sparrow exercises compulsively. Kevin Beare makes sure that Heather doesn't cheat on him again by working nights so she's never in the house alone and keeping her constantly pregnant; Heather cooperates because she remembers how miserable she made herself with the mess she made of all her relationships in college. The more you individualize them, the more different ways you'll discover to keep the drama fun instead of overwhelming.

Scholar
#46 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I'm afraid you're going to have to deal with all these romantics on a case-by-case or perhaps a percentage basis. It appears to me that what you've got is too much of a good thing. Decide what level of unfaithfulness you're willing to deal with, and change your rule to allow yourself to set ACR in the hood to a level at which you're comfortable.

This is a good idea and I'm going to combine both of these approaches. i need to retain that feeling that it isn't me who decides, you know, and still, obviously, I need to be happy with the results.

Too much of a good thing? A good way to put it. I wanted this drama, in a way - I set it up. And it still surprised me. I never had this feeling about any of my Sims before - that I don't like them.

This would never happen with my old hood, where I knew everyone very well and played them for years on end. These Sims are new - I devoted so much of my time to arranging their circumstances that I've missed to get to know them better. I was literally paralysed with their wants. Before, when Brandon Lillard wanted to cheat on his wife, I knew how to restrain him and keep him busy with a single mistress. When that mistress - Melissa Fancey - gave birth to his twins then the drama ensued and I knew how to resolve it. Brandon's wife, Elise was a strong-minded woman who surpassed her anger in time and did everything to keep her marriage going, because of her kids. She saved the lot of them, in a way. Melissa on her part was a butterfly - she loved Brandon, but not that much that she wanted to live with him - she had her lifetime friend and roomie, Sandy Bruty, at her side who helped her with the twins. The two of them were inseparable and Brandon, even if he wanted to, would have no chance to ever talk her into any kind of long-lasting relationship. He was weak-willed anyway and a shadow of a man without his Elise at his side.

I guess I do need to get to know them better so that I can have satisfying resolutions on hand when I need them. And I need to be more generous with them, too. Not judgmental, but understanding.

I set myself up for a challenge, alright.

Instructor
#47 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsica
I've gone into this way of playing precisely for the drama. I mean, I randomized like crazy, I stayed in charachter, etc. I guess I got what I was asking for. But I never asked for this much drama!

And it's an adorable hood. I put so much thought into it, I don't want to lose it.

YEAH!!! I've been hoping to see pictures of your hood for ages! Please show more...please???

Liv Loves Simming: http://livlukas.tumblr.com

Liv Loves LiveSimming: http://www.livestream.com/livlukas

Scholar
#48 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 5:56 PM
Thanks, Liv
I saw pictures of your hood too, around the net, and I loved them. You too love Plasticbox' lots, huh? Everything I know about sim building I learned from her.

Regarding the pictures, these are unfortunately the only ones I have that show the hood itself in any kind of overview. My game isn't loaded, cause I'm stuck in SimPE for ages, studying BHAVs and BCONs. But as soon as I load it, I'll make some more. I need to make them anyway, since these are from before I had a daycare, a wedding venue and a park.

As it stands now, I'm gonna hang in that hood some more - to learn to love my wayward Sims, apparently. I'll start with Pamela.

Forum Resident
#49 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
Yes, that was Bill in the thought bubble, but Bill is a popularity sim. She was basically acknowledging his status as a popularity sim.

Oh?
I always thought if you let a Sim decide who is the hottest in the room they choose the one they like the best?
Mad Poster
#50 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 8:54 PM
Oh?
I always thought if you let a Sim decide who is the hottest in the room they choose the one they like the best?

I think that perhaps in the last of Fivey's pictures, where she'd scoped the room, Bill was in the thought bubble because she thinks he's the hottest, but in the first picture Bill was in the thought bubble because he's a Popularity sim.
Page 2 of 16