Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#51 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 8:56 PM
Sorry if I interrupt something.

I do not think this is a dilemma in the way you speak but I had a little dilemma in my game. Many of my sims have wants of becoming a werewolf but I don't let them. But I decided to turn one sim into a werewolf by being befriended whit one of the leaders of the pack. I had chosen one sim, a female who, by coincidence, had Wolf for last name. I moved her into a small house and named it The wolfcave. But then I did become "cold feets" (is that a way of speaking in enlish?). So I replaned and find an other sim for but did not fulfill as the sim was a friend of Wolf and I was afraid that her personality should be altered if her very best friend did become a werewolf. And all of my sims know eachother so the idea is dead.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 11:52 PM
Simsica: Thank you Genesis and Alon are engaged now, and both they and the rest of Genesis's extended family are thrilled. They visited Freya and her girlfriend Tessa at La Fiesta Tech and it was all a flurry of congratulations and hugs. Genesis has stopped rolling sad little hopeful wants about Joshua and has started rolling all sorts of wants about Alon. None of them have been for marriage (yet), but, considering what happened the last time she was engaged, I think she's just scared of jinxing things. (Alon has not only rolled the want to marry her, he wants to throw a huge wedding party as well.)

Peni: Thank you; Genesis's story is a sad one, and I feel guilty for letting her be "poor Genesis" for so long. And you're right about the house: she was staying there because of Freya (and Joshua), but Freya's in college now. So, I took your advice and moved her and Alon into a new house of their own. (I could have moved them into the little house that Genesis had originally occupied, but that place...moving in there would involve sweeping up the ashes in the kitchen. Ugh. She needs a completely fresh start for her own sake.) Tons of friends and family have already dropped by to see their new place.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Scholar
#53 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 1:28 PM
I loaded my game after days in SimPE - get stuck there easily... And coincidentaly it was Pamela's lot, since I wanted to play with kids and she's the owner of the local daycare.

Good news! I know how to play her and not get disgusted! Her husband is the last (!) one on her list of attractions, and she's the first (!) on his. Also she's lazy, has 5 outgoing points (wild card behavior, as you might know, due to some weird calculations that take 0-4 points for the left side of the trait and 6-10 for the right, leaving the 5s in limbo), is very nice and neat. As a family Sim, she has to be devoted to her family, but as a secondary romance she also has to be chasing after "lurve", in the sense Peni described (here or in some other thread - as a chase after that high when first in love). So her devotion will extend to her kids but not her husband - she'll have affairs. She'll maybe even divorce him. But since she's both nice and lazy, that won't be often or indiscreet.
She won't however have one with that father I spoke about - he's way too much in love with his wife to cheat on her with Pamela. His potential infidelity might come if his "the one" changes. For now, his wife is for him the hottest Sim there is in Sim universe and any neighboring ones

As for Pamela - I'll let her do her own mate seeking. Once she finds someone who's extremely hot/sexy to her, she's gone, baby! It has to be 3 bolts, however, since her LTW is "woohoo" related and otherwise she strikes me as a carnal type of person (OTH is cuisine, btw) to whom good woohoo partner might be vitally important.

She definitely *won't* end up being a town whore! This means that she'll never fulfill her LTW, but she can find fulfillment elsewhere: in her family, her (potential, future) hot husband, her job, etc.

I already like her more than yesterday. I now see her as a person that seeks passionate love. There's nothing bad with that. Actually, as the things stand, I might even become very fond of her.

It's unbelievable how relieved I am because of this! One by one, I'll come to terms with them. Somehow, I'll make them work. Some of them will definitely be unfaithful, whoring scums - no way around it, but I can already see that this will not be the majority. And there needs to be a certain percentage of scumbags in any hood, right?

So thanks, guys! Hadn't there been for this thread I might have given up on them. Pamela sends her thanks too

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 11:25 PM
Okay, so Generation Three is about to die off, as most of them are elders. The only two Gen Three peeps that aren't close to death are Aurora and Travis, who I recently gave Vamprocillion potions to.

However, what do I do with this guy?

Craig's been a zombie for a long while now, and his husband is now an elder.

Their relationship has grown rather routine, with a lot of love, so they've turned their attentions towards the idea of an open relationship and sharing partners (I turned jealousy off on this lot).

Now, here's the issue. Craig's a romantic (not in Romance sim, but as in he's a very flirty zombie), so if I let him walk the earth for all of eternity, he's going to start flirting with relatives all over the place. That would be awkward. He'll need to die, eventually.

I could dezombify him using CC, and give him another opportunity to complete his LTW, and settle down again after his current husband passes and he's gone platinum. However, that would mean I would have to play with him from the beginning of his adult life, to his elder stage, to get where everyone else is. He'd be the youngest third genner in Middleground.

I could also go the more dramatic route, and have him off himself after Rudolph and a few of his closest friends die of old age. It would be more realistic for the storyline, I would think, plus I wouldn't have to keep playing him. I think I know where a poison is on MTS...

Craig is one of my favorites, but he'll need to go eventually.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 12:34 AM
Fivey, I'd go with the romantic-dramatic route of drinking poison.

Everyone. He. Knows. Is. Dead.

That's devastating D:
Mad Poster
#56 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 1:56 AM
The dilemma I'd posted about earlier resolved itself rather nicely:

Brad's girlfriend moved out to her previous boyfriend's house, got pregnant and then married him. She understood that Brad would never divorce his wife, and she wasn't going to have any part of a polygamous marriage, nor illegitimate children.

Brad is now alone, in a house he abandoned his poor long-suffering wife for-he's hoping he can get her to take him back.

But it looks pretty bad for him on that score-Heidi hasn't rolled any new wants for another baby, although Brad has. She doesn't seem to miss him very much at all, truth be told.

Suffer in silence, Brad: you earned it!
Mad Poster
#57 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 2:22 AM
Maybe, too, consider Squinge's zombie aging mod?
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,24886.0.html

eta: ^^ for Fivey
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darby
Maybe, too, consider Squinge's zombie aging mod?
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,24886.0.html

eta: ^^ for Fivey

It's not compatible with inTeen.

I'd rather have the possibility of hundreds of my sims being idiots and knocking themselves up at stupid ages, than the possibility of one sim in my game being able to age while he is simultaneously dead.
Forum Resident
#59 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I think that perhaps in the last of Fivey's pictures, where she'd scoped the room, Bill was in the thought bubble because she thinks he's the hottest, but in the first picture Bill was in the thought bubble because he's a Popularity sim.

That must be it. I assumed Fivey did the choose between the two in the first picture and that she already chose Bill there but I guess not.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
It's not compatible with inTeen.

Ah, gotcha.

Carry on and don't mind me.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 2:47 AM
C'mon, Fivey, the drinking poison option has your name written all over it! Drama, romance, mayhem, laughing right up to the point where you burst into tears - what more could you want? Just make sure to make it as dramatic as possible. If a zombie can't be allowed to chew a little scenery, who can?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#62 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
C'mon, Fivey, the drinking poison option has your name written all over it! Drama, romance, mayhem, laughing right up to the point where you burst into tears - what more could you want? Just make sure to make it as dramatic as possible. If a zombie can't be allowed to chew a little scenery, who can?

I was kind of going for the poison myself, since I really hate playing un-undead characters. They're such a bitch to play, mostly because their kids get older than them. Plus I get bored with them, so I do with them like I do with the other sims I get bored with, and just let the game run when I'm asleep or something. I have to tack on a bunch of hacks so nobody dies, but it does the job.

You should see the Seavey family's memories. Tiffany and her kids' memories are clogged with 'Roaches!'. There's at least eight or so memory boxes relating to the insect. It's kind of funny.

Now, to wait until all the three genners are dead, and possibly until his son Calvin is getting on in age. Can't have your child die of old age before you die, right? Then, Craig can get all dramatic and hammy with Smonaff's poison potion, bitching about how lonely he is or something. I'll have Rudolph die last, though. I can lock the 'Rudolph dies' fear that Craig tends to roll, so when it happens, he'll go nuts. Apparently, if a sim with low aspiration has the poison in their inventory, they'll use it autonomously. Heh.
Alchemist
#63 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 3:06 AM
If Craig was my Sim, I'd have him drink the poison. Of course in my game, the poison would have the opposite effect and he'd be cured of zombiedom and have his personality scrambled. Now I really want a bitter confused suicidal ex zombie.
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
If Craig was my Sim, I'd have him drink the poison. Of course in my game, the poison would have the opposite effect and he'd be cured of zombiedom and have his personality scrambled. Now I really want a bitter confused suicidal ex zombie.

That would be using a dezombification potion, than randomizing his personality with the batbox.

I personally would rather watch Craig puke and piss himself, while bitching about how everyone he ever cared about is dead and general 'I hate being a zombie' angst. Sounds like something a Leo would do. Yeah.

...I'm not a very nice person.
Alchemist
#65 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 4:01 AM
That would be using a dezombification potion, than randomizing his personality with the batbox.

In real life, yes, but that wouldn't be the in game explanation.
Scholar
#66 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 5:24 AM
You should see the Seavey family's memories. Tiffany and her kids' memories are clogged with 'Roaches!'. There's at least eight or so memory boxes relating to the insect. It's kind of funny.

That's what my own memories look like! I moved apartments in the end, cause I couldn't get rid of them. The entire building was infested - not any kind of funny, let me tell you... Months later, in a new uninfested apt and I'm still traumatized, still spraying like crazy, in all the places I expect them to be.
I appreciate that sim-memory much more ever since I know what it stands for.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#67 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 10:04 AM
Fivey: Have you considered resurrecting his husband as a zombie? That wouldn't prevent the "flirting with distance relatives" in the future thing, but at least they'd have each other?

My Simblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#68 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 10:04 AM
Eeeeeeuww Simsica - sympathies for that. I'm gonna keep telling myself one of the advantages of a living in a colder climate is we don't get that so much. Yeah, if I were a sim, I'd be crying over that. It's a pity I'm not more sympathetic to the actual sims about it.

Quote: Originally posted by Aegagropilon
Fivey: Have you considered resurrecting his husband as a zombie? That wouldn't prevent the "flirting with distance relatives" in the future thing, but at least they'd have each other?

I get the distinct impression it's time for him to die.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#69 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I get the distinct impression it's time for him to die.

I was just voicing the soppy option

I imagine a zombie couple would be like the end of Death Becomes Her, with all the superglue and fingercounts.

My Simblr
Instructor
#70 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:41 AM
I like to play with the sim's economy. But those hacks did something strange to the businesses, they lost money instead of gaining. With all the money related hacks (bigger bills. expensive npcs. no20khandouts etc etc etc) DISABLED the problem is now gone and the sims' hard times are over--- for now.
But not for ever.
Will try to put bigger bills and expensive npc back, and see what happens.

Elephant! Handcuffs! Naughty! Tee hee!
Scholar
#71 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Eeeeeeuww Simsica - sympathies for that.

It's getting better. But it really leaves a mark on a person - I couldn't believe how obsessed I got about them. Just like a Sim. Someone from the dev team must have been in the same situation as I was when the game was first made.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#72 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 12:58 PM
Ah Aegagropilon, now there's a film I'd like to recreate sims style.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#73 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 1:04 PM
Psst...Simsica....boric acid! You spread a defensive perimeter of it around your apartment (don't forget the backs of all the cupboards) and no matter how disgusting your neighbors are, before long they're a thing of the past in yours.

Not safe around pets, alas. But I didn't have a pet when I was living in an apartment.

My current dilemma is a small one, and is mine, rather than that of the sims. Mary Munny is on Day 68 and will probably not live to see her grandsons graduate. She has such a wondrously tacky, expensive house, full of date rewards and a photobooth record of dates and outings, not to mention her private music studio, that I want to keep it in play. My alternatives are to change the lot zoning (if that's safe going from residential to community) and make a community music center dedicated to her memory, which could be pretty cool - but in that case I'd want her to be able to haunt it. If I leave the game running with the lot empty will she eventually spawn? Or I could find dodges to keep her alive till one of her grandsons moves in to inherit it. And then he - and I - would have the building/decorating challenge of fixing it up to suit his needs and reduce the tacky without losing the distinctive sense of Gramary's presence. I've got a stay-things shrub that I click on once per session, to ensure that it doesn't get stripped out and just be a big inconvenient shell with absurd wallpapers.

It's a shame you can't purchase a residence while living in an existing household, using their funds, and then move into it directly from the first home. Because if I moved both grandsons back in with the parents, with their $20K handouts, on top of all the money already accumulated, there'd be money to spare to purchase the place. Which means her son could operate it as an owned business if I made it a community lot, and that could be cool, especially if I can get her to haunt it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#74 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 1:15 PM
Peni, would it be possible for you to move Mary in with someone else until she dies, so that her gravestone would be on their residential lot. If you use the Stay Things shrub you can move her out of her house without all her stuff being sold, right? Or does it not work like that?

If it does, then when one of her grandsons graduates they could pick up the gravestone from the lot where she died (which would still have sims living there) and keep it at their home until she starts haunting the place.

Then change her old house to a community lot, have the grandson purchase it and do whatever he wants with it, which could include putting her gravestone there so that she haunts it.

I'm not entirely sure if this is actually possible in the game, but just thought I'd throw it out there! :-) And of course it may not fit in with your story/your characters..... :-)
Scholar
#75 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Psst...Simsica....boric acid! You spread a defensive perimeter of it around your apartment (don't forget the backs of all the cupboards) and no matter how disgusting your neighbors are, before long they're a thing of the past in yours.

Peni, are you for real?! You mean, I can be *safe*?! Behind the cupboards? OMG... They get in there too?! Eww... There goes another red memory. And a permanent eww-face.
I'm sorry, can't read the rest of your post now. Must get some fresh air first.

Page 3 of 16