Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replacement Skintone Sliders for Patch 1.38: Desaturated or Realistic

by analect Posted 7th Sep 2012 at 12:57 PM

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:45 PM
Nice work!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 1:53 PM
Thank you! I'm definitely grabbing this.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:03 PM
This is awesome! Thanks for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 2:13 PM
Nice Nice! Tossing it in my game right now!! I hate how bright the Goth family is.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:11 PM
Nice, I like this idea. Not downloading just yet - I've got to get my default skins decided and loaded first - but with the way I play my game? I will very, very likely be dl-ing this in the not-too-distant future (might actually get me to use those skintones now).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:25 PM
I have been hoping for something like this for a long time. Thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 3:58 PM
I love these skins, but I still love the new retina searing skin tone sliders; maybe because I'm partially blind, I dunno. Is there anyway these can be made into non-defaults? I never know when I need to make the Queen of the Mustard Fairies
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alizatina
I love these skins, but I still love the new retina searing skin tone sliders; maybe because I'm partially blind, I dunno. Is there anyway these can be made into non-defaults? I never know when I need to make the Queen of the Mustard Fairies

*grin* Glad you like the sliders. As far as I know, yes, they can certainly be made non-default. I know missy_harries has done that with her lovely fantasy sliders. I suggest checking her All About Skins tutorial, and you will probably need to use Cmar's Skininator. Like I said, I'm quite happy for someone to convert these sliders, though I don't have any plans to do it myself at the moment.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:11 PM
Awesome! I've only just patched and this was the first thing I thought of, then I see your upload Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:17 PM Last edited by paksetti : 9th Sep 2012 at 12:58 AM.
Thanks for uploading the separate files. I downloaded a couple realistic ones, and a couple desaturated ones.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 11:23 PM
Very good idea! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 12:18 AM
Oh awesome, now I'll actually be able to use the nifty new colours.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 6:01 PM
***I think I'm in love*** I have needed this for so long. I don't really plan on buying or playing supernatural - it's just not my cup of tea, so I was kinda pleased when the patch included new skin colors. I wanted to see if any were usuable. Meh - too much this color or not enough that much color. I'm so glad you must have felt the same way. Thank you for this. I really like them. But thanks also for the tutorial - I think I will attempt to make my own replacements. Awesome!!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 10:29 AM
Huge thank you. You're a real life saver... or at least a game saver. ^^
I have opted out of getting SN just because I'm not into fantasy stuff in my game, only to discover that EAxis decided to throw all of these crazy skin colours into the 1.38 patch and now my game spawns townies in all the colours of the rainbow. Grr...

Here you'll find more downloads by me; GoddessByline's SimPage and N99

"Remember to always be yourself... Unless you suck."
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 12:22 AM
So, I saw this yesterday before I installed SN. My thought was, "Oh, they can't be that bad. I wouldn't mind having my witches be a tinge of green." And then I hopped in game and this sicker-then-Simpsons yellow fairy suddenly greets my Sim. I thought I was going to have a seizure, it was so bright. .... Your replacements are absolutely NEEDED just to enjoy these colors. You've saved my Sims.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 1:17 AM
I haven't patched to 1.38 yet, but plan to use this mod once I do. However, my one question is whether it leaves the three before-1.38 realistic skin tones alone, so that existing sims don't have their tones suddenly changed?

Thanks for the mod, and in advance for your response!

Friends don't let friends use EA Story.

Use either Awesome or Twallan's.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KGirl
I haven't patched to 1.38 yet, but plan to use this mod once I do. However, my one question is whether it leaves the three before-1.38 realistic skin tones alone, so that existing sims don't have their tones suddenly changed?

Thanks for the mod, and in advance for your response!

Glad so many people are finding this useful!

Yes, these only affect the 1.38 sliders. The three original fantasy sliders (the red, green, and blue skintones we've had since the basegame) and the three realistic sliders are left untouched.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 9:43 AM
Brilliant
I really don't have any use for fantasy colors in my game and these go very well with my default skin.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 2:30 AM
These look fantastic! I've been waiting for more people to take a stab at this, and yours look beautiful. (Thanks for the little shout-out, too.)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 7:44 PM
YES! Thanks a ton.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 9:04 AM
That's awesome! I like supernatural sims but don't ever plan on using coloured skins. I don't need my fairies to be purple or whatever! :P

Anyway, thanks this is so usefull and I'm sure many people appreciate it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2012 at 3:34 AM
these are great! I love them so much better than green or blue skin.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Sep 2012 at 3:13 AM
Im playing supernatural but indeed prefer them in plain skins. Hell, I dont understand why my game ever came with green and blue in the first place :-p As a kid i used to love putting a green alien family in my sims 2 games but now the genetics kinda spread i tend to avoid that :-p Thanks so much for the realistic version!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 9:41 PM
I thought I wouldn't mind the goofy colors at first, until all of my NPCs started showing up as green and pink and purple. So thanks for these. I'd rather just not deal with the stupid colors.
Page 1 of 2