Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:49 PM
i would LOVE to know what inspired the grilled cheese aspiration. the cake from portal was inspired by a local bakery's black forest cake and apparently when the devs were trying to figure out a school of philosophy to base portal on, there was about fifteen minutes of silence before someone mentioned that lots of people like cake.

what spawned the GC aspiration, i wonder. was someone talking about how they wanted to get grilled cheese and someone was like 'hey! let's make that an aspiration!'
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:59 PM
We were just talking about aspirations for prehistoric sims on another thread, and our esteemed colleague simsfreq mentioned that you could treat it as a general "food" aspiration, so that's how I intend to play it in the future-- it'll be a go to secondary aspiration for sims who value domesticity and stability- the more stable their food supply is and the more their family is home, the more opportunity they have to satisfy those "serve grilled cheese to sim" and "influence sim to serve grilled cheese" wants

Check out my Simblr to follow the development of the Grand Duchy of Heimlichbourg!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#28 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:04 PM
I have never had a Grilled Cheese Sims, I have always been curious about it, but then again I was very curious about having a "Robot" and "NEVER" again will I want a Robot in my game it drove me crazy with it sounds of bebebebebe.
But one question just how do one get a "Grilled Cheese" Sims ? As you can see curiosity have me again.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
#29 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 8:10 PM
I love GC
it goes very well with primary or secondary Pleasure sims
and I usually give it to Sims who are very playful :D

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:04 PM
I like it once in awhile. Probably more as a secondary aspiration but also as a main aspiration at times. All my sims have their own personalities, even if they are GC sims. I like variety, and weird. Though too many GC sims would get very boring...so moderation I guess .

My Simblr
He/They
Theorist
#31 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:12 PM
They at least could have made it Grilled Ham and Cheese.
That's something I myself make occasionally.
I'd make it right now for lunch, if I had ham and toast in the house.
I guess fried chicken will have to do, later. With mashed potatoes, vegetables and a salad. And gravy. I like gravy on my gravy.
Yes, I'm a poor Hooman.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#32 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
But one question just how do one get a "Grilled Cheese" Sims ? As you can see curiosity have me again.

You can use the orb thing that changes aspiration in game. You make the sim have very low preferably in the red aspiration when you use it and grill cheese is the backfire result.
Or you can simply use a mod that allows you to change sims aspiration at will.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#33 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:24 PM
Mmm, grilled cheese sounds good for lunch. I use it as a secondary for some cuisine hobby sims--Martin Reuben handles it very well, mixing knowledge and cheese wants in a satisfactory way even before he gets his college want slots.

But it is absolutely my favorite secondary aspiration post-culinary lift in an apocalypse challenge. Knowledge/cheese means no fear of ghosts and oodles of easy aspiration points for smooth promotions.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#34 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:53 PM
I've only ever had 1 Grilled Cheese aspiration sim, in my whole 10 or so years of playing the game. I only made her when I first got Nightlife and wanted to test a few things out.

Oh but sometimes when I let my friends play my game, I let them play this 1 household full of our simselves and one of my friends is a typical 'stoner' who gets the munchies and loves grilled cheese, so I put his secondary aspiration as Grilled Cheese. He rolled the LTW of having 200 grilled cheese sandwiches or something which seemed pretty appropriate for my friend.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#35 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 11:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can use the orb thing that changes aspiration in game. You make the sim have very low preferably in the red aspiration when you use it and grill cheese is the backfire result.

You can also use aspiration benefits and choose it for a secondary aspiration, so you still pop some wants for it, but not just that. I find that grilled cheese being the only aspiration is a bit too much, but it's fun for a secondary. Natasha Una is my only Sim with a primary aspiration of grilled cheese, and even she has a secondary (I forgot which one I chose for her though)
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:53 AM

I just use the testingcheatsenabled true, spawn the sim modder and use that to change aspiration I love that thing I use the sim modder a lot..

My Simblr
He/They
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:09 AM
Still quicker to click on the sim blender. No typing required and I have one on every lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:19 AM
Still quicker to click on the sim blender. No typing required and I have one on every lot.

I have a sim modder on every lot, residental that I play anyway. No need to have the cheat on ever again once it's on the lot. I don't think I have the sim blender..I have inSIM though. Either way yay for cheats

My Simblr
He/They
Meet Me In My Next Life
#39 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 10:01 PM

@> joandsarah77 > thank you for your reply, I forgot all about the orb. I do have a mod that changes aspirations, but I do not think it have Grilled Cheese. ( Will check again )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#40 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
In the BACC I'm currently playing, where you roll for primary and secondary aspirations, if they roll their primary for their secondary - grilled cheese they are!

I'm contemplating building a hippie commune on one lot, and may have grilled cheese-secondary sims predominate there. It would fit in well with the vibe I have in mind.

Grilled cheese and bland cucumbers? I can totally see that. :D

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
#41 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
Grilled cheese and bland cucumbers? I can totally see that. :D

lol i get it

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Instructor
#42 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 2:30 AM
I love my GC sims. I don't have too many of them but playing my grilled cheese cult (where everyone is either GC or a child named after a type of cheese) is great and the few sims with GC secondary are great.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Theorist
#43 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:04 AM
This song is, I think, highly relevant: http://www.amazon.com/The-Cheese-Song/dp/B0011ADRG2

Some of my Grilled Cheese sims have been firm adherents to the Church of Cheese, and of course this is one of their more popular hymns.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Scholar
#44 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 3:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmeiolanthe
This song is, I think, highly relevant: http://www.amazon.com/The-Cheese-Song/dp/B0011ADRG2

Some of my Grilled Cheese sims have been firm adherents to the Church of Cheese, and of course this is one of their more popular hymns.

How about this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufJTqT5gMg0

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Inventor
#45 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I have never had a Grilled Cheese Sims, I have always been curious about it, but then again I was very curious about having a "Robot" and "NEVER" again will I want a Robot in my game it drove me crazy with it sounds of bebebebebe.

Other people in here have mentioned taking Grilled Cheese as a Sim's secondary aspiration at any time, but to take Grilled Cheese as your primary aspiration, you have to either use the ReNuYu Senso Orb while your Sim's in a red mood (which was mentioned here already) or complete Junior year in college, accept the option to change aspirations and pick Grilled Cheese for either the primary or the secondary (which wasn't).

I've played a few Grilled Cheese Sims. The nice thing about them is that they're very easy to please; they don't get as many Wants with big pay-offs, but their Wants are pretty consistent. They usually roll up "Eat Grilled Cheese Sandwiches" (which can be fulfilled with a quick trip to the kitchen or by conjuring grilled cheese sandwiches with the fourth tier Grilled Cheese perk) and "Talk to Sim about Grilled Cheese" (which can be fulfilled by chatting up the nearest Nice Sim or Best Friend). And with that first-tier Grilled Cheese perk (Bottomless Stomach), your Sim can eat more sandwiches without getting fat, which is nice.

It does seem like Grilled Cheese and Pleasure go well together. Grilled Cheese complements higher Cooking skill (including the "Maximize Cooking Skill" Want which Grilled Cheese Sims sometimes roll up), which complements Pleasure's Write Restaurant Guide (as the Sim's Cooking skill seems to have an effect on how much each restaurant guide sells for)...plus, Bottomless Stomach and Fast Metabolism go hand-in-hand. What's not to love?
Scholar
#46 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:03 AM
My Sims never have Grilled Cheese as a primary aspiration, mainly because I don't use aspirations rewards. But I don't hate the aspiration and in fact quite a few of my pixels ahve it as secondary aspiration.

For me, Grilled Cheese secondary aspiration means either compulsive or obsessive behaviour.
I had a Knowledge Sim who was obsessed with stargazing. So I gave him this secondary aspiration. He would stay stargazing all night, notice he was starving, make a grilled cheese and back to stargazing.
I also had a Romance Sim who wanted to make the whole neighbourhood to fall in love with him. After a date with a girl he would eat a grilled cheese and after repleninshin energies would court another one.
I had a Family Sim who was extremely worried her children would starve so she was making them grilled cheese all the time.

When I play them, I just try to pay more attention to non-grilledcheese wants and fill one grilledcheese want every once in a while.
With my gameplay style it works pretty fine.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 9:05 AM
Grilled cheese is not my favorite aspiration.
However, every now and then I choose it.

I find it quite amusing.
I think it' s right for some sims.

Please, sorry for my bad English..
Page 2 of 2