Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired
retired moderator
#26 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:52 AM
It was a teaser. And a damned obvious one. It's not like the pretty baseless speculation we've seen in the past, we actually know it's happening. And they know we know.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 2:58 AM
Aye, exactly. A teaser. A hint. I know as well as anyone what it means. Still does not mean the EP has been announced, however.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:46 AM
It's like you've never been around the past few years. The first EP to start the leaking trend was, I believe ambitions. Or, at least, that's when we all started to catch wind of the pattern. It's confirmed, hence thread. :D

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#29 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:01 AM
I agree with Matrix on this one...We've been getting 'teasers' and 'leaks' for the past 3 years or so, and they have all lead to the official release/announcement (as you may). So I think it's fair enough to just call it announced especially when it comes directly from the HQ.

EDIT: Well all of them except Seaside Stuff, no idea what happened to that. O_O
Mad Poster
#30 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

It got swept out . . . wait for it . . . to sea.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#31 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon

Back when SimsVIP confirmed that the source they got the supposed Vacation listing from was lying, they came to the conclusion that Seaside Stuff Pack was also gotten from a lying source.

Apparently that conclusion was true.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#33 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:22 PM
Coltraz

You have to take it in context. 3 people come dressed up in clothes from the 70s, 80s, 90s. They say, they didn't want to announce it yet... then proceed to talk about that SP.
So later, when two guys run on, one in a mascot uniform, the other in cap and gown. First establish these people in costume mean something, then repeat. In case anyone missed the broad clue of the cap thrown in the air, Ryan tries to deadpan, something to the effect... I don't know who these guys are, but they look like they belong back in university.

And writerchick-- I agree, the vibe they give off does not sound like TS3 is winding down.
Instructor
#34 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:51 PM
...You actually had to go out and start your own thread?

I wish I could find an appropriate emoticon for this.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Mad Poster
#35 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
Coltraz

You have to take it in context. 3 people come dressed up in clothes from the 70s, 80s, 90s. They say, they didn't want to announce it yet... then proceed to talk about that SP.
So later, when two guys run on, one in a mascot uniform, the other in cap and gown. First establish these people in costume mean something, then repeat. In case anyone missed the broad clue of the cap thrown in the air, Ryan tries to deadpan, something to the effect... I don't know who these guys are, but they look like they belong back in university.

And writerchick-- I agree, the vibe they give off does not sound like TS3 is winding down.

You are totally right about the non-announcement. They know just saying the word University would be enough for the discussion to start. Only thing now is waiting on the information to be released.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope

Why wouldn't I? Always have, always will. :D

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#37 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:28 PM
Please calm down, guys. Most of you are being perfectly polite and nice, but for the few of you who are getting pissed at each other - it's semantics. Worth discussing? Yes. Worth insulting people over? No.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:29 PM
Finally watched the rest of the replay and I find that little teaser, hint, wordplay, whatever you want to call it, that was enough for me. I stand by what I said above, the team would not have allowed that part to happen if it wasn't true. They may be assholes, but they are not masochistic to their fans.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 6:00 PM
I just hope they don't flake out on us and make the college experience like sending kids off to boarding school.
Scholar
#40 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misanthrope

I can

The other thread was not initially titled "What I've Seen..." It was renamed. Consequently, the format is nothing like the traditional threads.

I like the traditional format. If I don't want to read through the entire thing, I can see all the updated information in the meticulously updated first post. If more people used that feature these What I've Seen threads wouldn't grow to such ginormous sizes with people asking questions that have essentially been answered.

So, Matrix, I salute you! Thanks!
Instructor
#41 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 6:54 PM
I actually knew University was next since Origin Russia's leak list. But part of me said it could be someone faked it... But after the hint at the live chat now i'm dead sure that University is EP9 =]] I can't wait for spoilers!

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Retired
retired moderator
#42 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 7:23 PM
Strongly suspect we'll see mermaids based on the Seasons mermaid sculpture + the fact that they're totally running out of creatures and this is the most obvious one I can think of still on the list save bigfoot. Also, it'd be a great way to use and promote swimmable oceans.

Mad Poster
#43 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 7:43 PM
Running out? Do none of you watch Supernatural?

In any case, I really am looking forward to Uni, but I'm confused about the fact that YA is already a lifestate. Will there be a new one, do you think? I also have a hankering suspicion that Preteens value into this equation somehow. Freeplay has 'em now, and there hasn't been a shortage of people asking for them.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Mad Poster
#44 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 7:48 PM
If University is run like Sims 2, I will not be happy. There is an open neighborhood, new ways to play sims going to college should be more imaginative. Please let them introduce a new way to play it. Now I am beginning to feel fear and disappointment. I was really hoping all the teens to elders to have an opportunity for higher learning. Not just one life stage.

Kiwi Tea, that sculpture is causing lots of threads being created about Mersims being in a future EP. For me, meh.

Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:04 PM
Oh, I hope we can have real college towns! It won't be the same in our regular towns..plus imagine the issues with pre-existing towns and an influx of young adult college students. Best would be the option for both by fixing the travel options and having Uni rabbithole buildings we can put in our main hood.
Theorist
#46 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:27 PM
I also have a *feeling* preteens will be added, sadly...But then again is it like EA to go back and edit the schematics(probably used that wrong) of their CAS engine? Of course, Pets is an exception but they'd have to code an entire new life state...I guess the more I think about it the sicker my stomach gets but the more brain is like "MOAR ACTIVITIES FLUCK YEAH".

And bringing up the college town, I'm all for that travel to another town thing! I hope that we can travel to the college town but still have the option to switch between the main family back home and still have the college town and home town thriving with new life and activities. Also please make all YA's leave when their class graduates I don't want my sim to have the sloppy seconds of his/her cousin from 4 generations ago. And lastly, I don't see teens or elders going to college, that doesn't sound right at all. Imagine getting drunk and passing out on the side of the street, wake up the next morning in your grandmother's bed who is only in a corset. Talk about awkward. And if the new preteen stage is added then they need to seperate the school buildings.

Child - Elementary (Primary)
Pre-Teen - Middle School/Junior High (Secondary)
Teen - High School/Senior High (Secondary/College)
YA - College/University/Gap Year (University or GAP YEAR)
Adult - College/Community College or they can pursue their career (no idea what you guys call community college)

That's how I would like to see it, plus it would clear up some of that school congestion. Also I'm homing for different variations of study campuses in town, like the Art campus is modern, the philosphy/social studies, is more historic and centered in the town, etc...
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
Running out? Do none of you watch Supernatural?

In any case, I really am looking forward to Uni, but I'm confused about the fact that YA is already a lifestate. Will there be a new one, do you think? I also have a hankering suspicion that Preteens value into this equation somehow. Freeplay has 'em now, and there hasn't been a shortage of people asking for them.

Thinking back to that survey related to ideas for possible future expansions that various sites were linking to a while back, though, why would a new life stage be needed for this at all? That survey seemed to suggest that stages both older and younger than Young Adult would be able to go to university this time around, with one section mentioning mature students getting degrees later in life and another even briefly referring to the idea of child prodigy students at one point. If that survey paints an accurate picture of what they plan to do with University (as it might well do, given that an earlier survey by the same people more or less exactly matched what we currently know about Seasons) it may be the case that this version of University will neither involve a dedicated life stage for students nor be an exclusively Young Adult-centred expansion- a change a lot of us will welcome.

Also, why would preteens be introduced in a university-themed expansion? Slightly older children have no more to do with that sort of thing than slightly younger children, after all. I admittedly wouldn't be hugely surprised if something between the child and teenager stages ends up appearing in the fourth game when it eventually comes out due to what they're currently doing with FreePlay, but I can't see it being abruptly added to something as complex as the third game is right now. It wouldn't be anywhere near the same as the Young Adult stage being introduced near the beginning of TS2 as far as programming and animation goes- the original young adults were essentially adults flagged to display certain unique traits within university worlds, (most notably the walk animation and less lined face skins), whereas a preteen or early teenage lifestage would require an entirely new character model with a different size scale and new animations- something that'd be much, much more time-consuming and difficult to add. It doesn't seem like a justifiable effort to make when developing an expansion with no particular thematic reason to introduce such a thing. I'd have expected them to come with something like Generations if anything, though they didn't.
Retired
retired moderator
#48 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:04 PM
It's more the "running out of options" than the statue, I think. Although... ...Imaginary Friends... ...who saw *that* coming?

Top Secret Researcher
#49 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:13 PM
Plantsims are still a possibility. Perhaps somehow linked to studying for a biology/science degree at university, or items related to it?

Ok, it's a bit of a stretch, but not every creature is directly linked to the theme of the EP it comes in. Genies, for instance. Or hell, zombies in the first University.
Inventor
#50 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 9:13 PM
Other than the graduate and the mascot, didn't somebody let it slip that there was travel to vacation worlds AND universities? I haven't watched the replay yet, but I've heard someone mentioned that during the stream.

I was hoping that it would be in-world, considering all the problems people are STILL having with traveling, especially in vanilla games, and there could be activities opened up to teens, like touring the university or taking college credit courses if they have the Genius trait with straight A's. I mean, it would be great for, say, the WA worlds to get universities so that teens could study abroad, but I was really hoping for an in-game campus that just happened to be a huge lot. I'm still hoping that they bring back TS2 styled apartments/dorms and tons of cheap furniture and other cool stuff. Maybe this will open up some rabbitholes for those who have a degree? Here's hoping anyway. I'm still crossing my fingers for an EP similar to OFB+Freetime.

I wonder what the creature would be. I mean, we already have a TON of creatures and they've already added zombies, which was the creature that was added in TS2UNI, so what's next? I mean... what is a "college" creature? If they want to stick with creatures from previous games, all that's left is Plantsims, Big Foot, and Jekyll/Hyde (from the chemistry set in Sims 1). There's been a really big push from the community for mermaids, and there are a lot of mermaid related items in the game already, but I'm not sure how mermaids would really tie into TS3UNI. Don't get me wrong, I'd really enjoy having them especially with the new option to swim in the oceans and if they transformed into their fishtail state while swimming or bathing, but I'm not sure how they would fit the theme.

Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
Ok, it's a bit of a stretch, but not every creature is directly linked to the theme of the expansion it comes in. Genies, for instance. Or hell, zombies in the original University.

I saw zombies as connected because a lot of college-aged kids are obsessed with zombies. Zombie movies, zombie games, zombie flash mobs, making indie zombie movies for their film class, etc. I thought it was very appropriate to have zombies attached to TS2UNI.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Page 2 of 95