Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Vampire Powers V2.0

by Sauzer Posted 22nd Oct 2012 at 4:39 PM - Updated 4th Feb 2014 at 5:39 PM by Sauzer

177 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 102 Feedback Posts, 74 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 5:54 PM
Now these are some abilities I can appreciate more. I most certainly will download this when I get supernatural. >> Apparently I can't get it on Steam because of EA and Valve having a tiff, mostly EA having a fuss so I'm debating Origin...
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 7:07 PM
Why was this made to be used ONLY at night? Would have been nice to be any time usage. =(
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 7:24 PM
Please update the mod for 1.39 and remove the genius trait requirement please! )
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 7:46 PM
What a great idea! It's nice to have vampires that are more vampy and less broken. Thanks for making this.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:08 PM
Teleport? You made my day.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:41 PM
Do I need Super Natural? I have Late Night and Showtime if its all the same?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 10:21 PM
Thanks!

Also, would the NPC vampires be able to use the new powers as well?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 10:28 PM
AWESOMESS !! I Love how the teleport can be used only at night, as we've never seen bats during day time ;-)
Mind control however should be all day.
Anyways thanks for sharing!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 10:54 PM
Thanks so much, this is really cool and creative! It'll help me enjoy my vampires just a little bit more
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:34 AM
I for one, am GLAD they are only usable at night! It gives vamps a bit more added depth, while keeping with their mythos. Night Owls rule, daywalkers drool!
Instructor
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:05 AM
Why is that trait necessary? Can I remove inhibitors (is that possible with XMLs?)?

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by XXMOTHXX
Why was this made to be used ONLY at night? Would have been nice to be any time usage. =(

I needed some kind of requirement, and night only do seems fitting for vampires.
I have it so the Immortal LTR is required in my main mod, however that would also require people to give the reward via Master Controller for children's, for example. That would create more confusion I think, and also, forcing people to save 30.000 Lifetime points seems a bit too much.

Quote: Originally posted by AznTyper
Do I need Super Natural? I have Late Night and Showtime if its all the same?

Yes, I think it won't work with just Late Night + Showtime. Sorry.

About update and autonomous use by inactive Sims…

I didn't really bothered with patch 1.39 because it is a 100mb patch that only deals with the zombie problem, as I'm using a no-zombie mod, that patch seems useless for me. I do plan on updating [or check if it needs update at all] to 1.39 until end of this week.
As for autonomous… I don’t think that would be a good idea.

Moreover, thanks for the feedbacks. I feel like vampires were kinda left out since Late Night, and Supernatural didn’t help that much. That's why I started script modding to give a few more things that, imo, they deserved.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:31 AM
This mods Great Will you be adding more interactions later in the future?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
Why is that trait necessary? Can I remove inhibitors (is that possible with XMLs?)?

There's not really much of an "why". It's simply because, unlike other supernatural's, there's no "vampire hidden skill". So I thought that adding the Genius trait would make it more unique between the vampires. Like "Mind Control + Genius trait" sounds ok, I think.
Test Subject
#16 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 7:52 AM
I think that Charismatic people have more mind control powers than Geniuses. It would make more sense if the requirement was for the Charismatic trait instead of the Genius trait. Night only seems appropriate.
Test Subject
#17 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 9:19 AM
First of all let me thank you for this much needed mod, vampires always felt so powerless.

My first question is whether this mod is compatible with the vampire overhaul mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=425824

Second I can see the reasoning behind the Genius trait requirement, but I also believe that Charismatic is a in lore alternative as well, since Vampires are usually shown as seductive and irresistible in many Novels / Films. Wouldn't it be possible to make a version that requires on of both the Traits, genius or charismatic?

Furthermore how about making the Immortal LTR a requirement to using the powers during daylight?
I know you said that children wouldn't be able to use their powers fully, since they aren't able to pick LTR's, but this way they still would be able to use the powers but only during the night, like all other vampires that don't have the Immortal LTR.

Also do you think it could be possible to add a Hunting feature like the Werewolf have, only restricted to living things?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 9:21 AM
Wow This Is Awesome Thanks! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kamui2040
First of all let me thank you for this much needed mod, vampires always felt so powerless.

My first question is whether this mod is compatible with the vampire overhaul mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=425824

I trust it will work, as Shoni mod is an XML tunning mod. I can't give you a 100% "sure, it will work", but I believe it should work.

I see the point with the Charismatic trait, but in the end it's not like the vampire is giving the victim much of a choice when controlling their minds. I might consider the addition of the Immortal LTR as an alternative for both the trait and night time requirements in the future, though. As what I have in mind would require some testing, I'm just gonna leave things as they are for now.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 3:41 PM
I for one love this mod just the way it is... I had so much fun playing a vampire yesterday, that I was literally on my computer for 8 hrs straight. Thank you...Do you plan on making more interactions for vampires?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 6:20 PM
This is incredible! Brilliant job! I love that they can only be used at night too. I'm so impressed
Can't wait to play with this. Do you think you'll ever do any more, similar projects with other supernatural species?
Test Subject
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 8:46 PM
Does it work with vampire killer attack?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 9:02 PM
This is great As I have Patch 1.39 (got it BEFORE I knew there were already mods to control the zombie overload) I'd be willing to test if the patch works for 1.39 for you I don't see why it shouldn't work though. I'll let you know what happens Sauzer
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 9:42 PM
How about making Teleport available to any sim who has the Disciplined trait, as it seems like Teleporting would require lots of concentration. And have the Mind Control available once a Vampire sim reaches level 10 of the charisma skill?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sauzer
I have it so the Immortal LTR is required in my main mod

any chance that you could upload that version of the mod too? c:

腐女子 です~
Page 1 of 8