Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 5:36 AM
Custom Content Limit

Hi !! This is my very first competition soo I would like to ask you about the CC for the everyday close-up . The hair and makeup still count as CC right ? Not only the clothes right ? That's all !
Advertisement
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nurul5832

Hi !! This is my very first competition soo I would like to ask you about the CC for the everyday close-up . The hair and makeup still count as CC right ? Not only the clothes right ? That's all !

Yes, hair and makeup count as CC. Store content is not considered CC as it's the official EA content, so using it won't count towards the general CC count

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 8:13 AM Last edited by Dazro : 20th Nov 2012 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Spelling fail and then because picture was not allowed
Default The Magical Adventure
(Hello! For my entry I decided to intentionally think up the worst film and actor imaginable, lol.)

Now, Rella did not have a conventional life. Growing-up in an orphanage and becoming a travelling hippie for most of her life, as well as being not right in the brain, the last place she thought she’d end up is on a movie set! As one day by a sick twist of fate, she was found by notoriously insane low-budget filmmaker, Dazro Devine, who was scouting for actors to be in his new surrealist flick -- The Magical Adventure.
Rella, seen here posing for a mugshot during a break in filming. Rella’s costume was made from two potato sacks and a pack of plastic flowers.

The bizarre plot featured a bubble-blowing traffic warden that never fitted-in with all the other traffic wardens, because as it turns out she was the princess of a magical kingdom known as Scatholm, a kingdom which consisted of nothing more than a single forest and a Primark.
Ironically, the most expensive thing in this picture was the blue screen, which they later found out they didn't have enough money to actually make use of.

Scatholm would be threatened by the evil Doctor Backlick, who threatened to break the Lovechuck Dam to flood the forests and drown all the magical chipmunks! It’s up to the newly returned Princess Popoff and her talking rat-faced animal sidekicks to take back the forest! Rella was perfect for the part of the doey-eyed and grotesque looking Princess Popoff, who was meant to be, like, really beautiful on the inside or something like that.

In the end, shoestring-budget special effects and acting that a corpse could surpass meant the film received a seething negative reception, although in later years it would be universally regarded as a classic.

(Please keep in mind that pictures that show Rella's make-up and her on-set and everything were deliberately made to look as cheap and nasty as possible, because I thought it would be interesting to have a film that had no budget. Although I’m somewhat regretting it now because everything looks so rubbish. )
Screenshots
Test Subject
#54 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 11:08 AM
Umm, Hey, I'm Just 13 and I REALLY WANT to be in this contest but the thing is: HOW DO YOU ENTER?????? XC Help Me ASAP!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Ohhh, Ok I got it!!!!!!!!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 12:05 PM Last edited by daniandan : 20th Nov 2012 at 9:43 PM. Reason: Fixing up the third image
Default Casting Call - Sim Talent Contest
Here's Joss McMahon

Joss was born in Australia, but relocated to Montreal when he was five. He got his
ability to act from his father. His lifelong dream was to star in a sci-fi blockbuster film. With this ability under his belt, he tried out for the main role, of Arron "Rattler" Morgan, in Space Wars.

Arron "Rattler" Morgan
Arron was born in Germany to an American Couple on their honeymoon. Arron is a human
that hails from Earth. He applied to join the Space Wars military division at the age of 17 and is now the commanding officer of S.S. Hammersley, and the youngest in the Space Wars division

Movie Title: Space Wars
Screenshots

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 6:08 PM
Dazro, we need to see your Sim's face with a neutral face expression for the first 2 pictures and full height pic for the last one. Are you willing to change them or you want me to link your post as it is? The latter will probably result in losing points from Requirements.

daniandan, your last picture is under the minimum required size, so please decide if you would like to upload a bigger picture before I link your entry to the main post.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elexis
Dazro, we need to see your Sim's face with a neutral face expression for the first 2 pictures and full height pic for the last one. Are you willing to change them or you want me to link your post as it is? The latter will probably result in losing points from Requirements.

daniandan, your last picture is under the minimum required size, so please decide if you would like to upload a bigger picture before I link your entry to the main post.

I'll just change the first two if I can then.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dazro
I'll just change the first two if I can then.

You can change all of them if you like before I link your entry to the main post, just remember - first two pictures should show the face and the 3rd one should show full height of the sim

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 6:29 PM
You can change all of them if you like before I link your entry to the main post, just remember - first two pictures should show the face and the 3rd one should show full height of the sim

The second picture thats got her doing that wierd thing on the set was meant to be the full height one, can I still use that one?
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dazro
The second picture thats got her doing that wierd thing on the set was meant to be the full height one, can I still use that one?

Yes, just place it after the two with the face, it will be easier for the judges

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 7:26 PM
Right thats me made new pictures.
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#62 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 7:36 PM
Dazro, you entry is now linked to the main post

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 9:32 PM

Introducing Ralph Numbers, 28, who made his big break on the indie screen with roles as crazed anti-heroes seeking redemption in movies such as Ghost Dunes and The Battle for History. Now he is moving up from small town indie films in Moonlight Falls to the full length motion picture A Bard’s Tale, starring as The Pirate Bard King.

The Pirate Bard King is seeking the ruins of a long lost treasure, trying to get to prevent the Royal Navy from getting to it first. His skill with magic has protected the crew so far, but in order to gain the treasure before the navy he will have to choose between wealth and ale, and his love interest inside the Royal Navy’s most secure prison – her father’s keep! Swashbuckling action, spell slinging excitement, and that popcorn smell you can never get off your fingers come to a theater near you as A Bard’s Tale comes to life!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#64 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 9:38 PM
Default casting call
Sorry about that
It was midnight when I got around to doing this. I'll fix is up now

Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 11:03 PM
crdroxxpl, are you using Pring Screen button for taking pictures? They look quite dark, you can use "C" key to take screenshots in Sims 3, that way they won't get dark (they will be saved in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/Screenshots).
Are you willing to change the screenshots or you want me to link your entry as it is?

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:22 AM
crdroxxpl, are you using Pring Screen button for taking pictures? They look quite dark, you can use "C" key to take screenshots in Sims 3, that way they won't get dark (they will be saved in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/Screenshots).
Are you willing to change the screenshots or you want me to link your entry as it is?

I used GIMP to clean them up and brighten them, I'm willing to take the shot as is since I just tried to find the Sim and it looks like my save never saved after I created the entry
Mad Poster
#67 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:29 AM
Default casting call

All right, it's done now

Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:57 AM
crdroxxpl and daniandan, your entries are now linked in the main post

We have 11 spots left!

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Test Subject
#69 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 2:26 AM
this is Sarah Piran
She is 23 and very dramatic. she wants to be a superstar. She lives liek a princess and hopes to play one in a future role as a beautiful princess in fantasy world movie

when she struggles to find her prince will the godmother find her or will she turn into a frog

This is my first time
i hope i did well
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 2:34 AM Last edited by dangmal : 21st Nov 2012 at 3:05 PM. Reason: changed to fit criteria - sorry i missed the bit about full height
Default Donna Matrix (real name Gertrude Pigg)
Donna Matrix was waiting tables in Bridgeport when a director approached her for a new film. "It shoots at my house", he'd said, "come alone". When she arrived it quickly became apparent that this was a low budget movie - so low in fact, as to not include money for costumes. Donna left the set of "Snow white and the seven positions" as quickly as she could. As luck would have it, on the street outside she was approached by a talent scout again, but fortunately this turned out to be a legitimate. Space Wars was Donna's first film (at least the first that wasn't shot on some creeps' mobile phone) and the 21 year old actress looks set to go far. She enjoys Pina Colada parties for one, animal husbandry and playing golf on the floors of drained swimming pools.

http://mysims3scrapbook.tumblr.com/
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 2:49 AM Last edited by Elexis : 21st Nov 2012 at 3:46 AM.
wizkid770, your description is way shorter than the requirements say. Do you want to change that or I should link it to the main post as it is right now?

dangmal, for the 3rd picture we need to see your Sim in the full height, do you want to change that before I link your entry?

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Inconceivable!
#72 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 3:46 AM
Default The Magical Adventure

Henry Hawthorne

Henry Hawthorne grew up in the quaint farming community of Riverview as one of nine siblings, but despite a loving family and a happy, carefree childhood he longed to escape his hometown and see the world. So, on his eighteenth birthday, he packed up his belongings, grabbed the keys to his pickup truck, and took off, ready to experience life to the fullest. He wound up in the big city of Bridgeport, working as a busboy at the local diner and struggling to make ends meet. One day, however, his fortune changed as Alan Stanley, a big shot movie director with a keen eye for talent, walked into the restaurant and “discovered” him. Henry went on to star in several big budget blockbuster hits, and now he’s a show business veteran with two Simmy awards under his belt and a long list of directors clamoring for him to star in their movies.

Rowan

As one of the most feared generals in the infamously ruthless and corrupt Arathakian army, Rowan has known nothing but bloodshed and warfare since the tender age of sixteen. However, upon meeting a mysterious stranger in the battlefield one night, his life as a decorated and revered war hero comes crashing down around him. The White Mage, as she refers to herself, appears before the veteran soldier and instructs him to find the legendary Jewel of the Lost Sea and return it to the exiled princess of Thessaly, Lady Amélie. When Rowan refuses, however, the infuriated mage marks him with the scar of the fallen angel Samael, thus giving him two choices- Face mutiny and almost certain death at the hands of his own army or abandon his position and take up her quest, for in Arathak the scar of Samael is the scar of a traitor, the most hated and feared sign in all of the empire.

Seeing no other alternative, Rowan reluctantly abandons his position that very night to embark on the long and arduous journey. He encounters numerous perils on his path to finding the jewel, but along the way he meets and befriends several mythical creatures including a playful and mischievous water sprite, a beautiful but manipulative tree nymph, and a moody, temperamental dragon. However, even with the help of his magical new comrades, Rowan struggles to overcome his dark and violent past. Will he be able to obtain the elusive stone and return the princess to her rightful place on the throne of Thessaly, or will his quest prove futile?

The Magical Adventure opens this Friday at a theater near you!

Screenshots
Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 3:51 AM
Buckley, your entry is now linked in the main post

wizkid770 and dangmal, your entries will be linked when you reply to my previous post.

My Simblr - ElexisSims
Field Researcher
#74 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 10:18 AM
I probably shouldn't have picked a costume that was so ordinary because there's not much to choose between the everyday shot and the movie shot. But the movie was the first thing I thought of and something more exotic just wouldn't have fit. With the spots filling up so quickly, I didn't want to risk missing out since I wouldn't be able to do anything else for another day

It is a children's fantasy rather than adult. I hope that's alright.
Alyse Finn
Name: Alyse Finn
Bio: Alyse was started in advertisements by her mother as a 4 year old, and she took to the cameras with alacrity. She played bit parts in many television shows until her break came in The Secret Life of Dani Blue. Fantasy World is her attempted first foray onto the big screen. Roger Dampier, her adult co-actor from The Secret Life, suggested her for audition, citing her steady head and maturity made her a joy to work with, unlike some child stars. Alyse is just excited to be auditioning for a role that is actually her own age for once.

Emma

When new teacher Harold Dawson arrives at Emma's school, the teachers and parents all view him as strict but fair. No one wants to listen to the kids, even as the best students are suddenly being reduced to tears and getting detention for simply being happy.

Emma, dyslexic and struggling to cope but always imaginative, becomes a favourite target of Mr Dawson. When one day he pushes too far and turns physical, Emma finds herself somehow transported to a land she thought she'd imagined. This wonderful place is full of colour and light and happiness. She can play and laugh without fear. But underneath its brightness, Emma soon finds a creeping evil, and she realises Mr Dawson is managing to spread his evil in that world as well as hers.

In Fantasy World Emma discovers sometimes to save a world, you need to first stand up for yourself.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 1:51 PM
Hello, I'd like to join!

Page 3 of 12