Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Two historical Asian inspired long, tied hair styles enabled for men!

by Arisuka Posted 10th Dec 2012 at 7:23 AM - Updated 1st Jan 2013 at 4:03 PM by Arisuka

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 1:20 PM
I've been waiting for this beauty for a long time, thank you so much for sharing it!!!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 2:59 PM
FzzyDg8 I hope you'll enjoy them!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 5:46 PM
Great hairstyle. Thank you so much
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 7:07 PM
Hi! Can you share your sim, he is just must have!!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Dec 2012 at 11:42 PM
nataodzanata Yes, I've been planning on doing that once I got time.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 5:04 AM
The hairstyles are nice and very useful, thank you for creating them. Now the sim is what brought me here. He is yummy. Can't wait to see the download.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 11th Dec 2012 at 10:35 PM
I love you.

And I love you.

And if I forgot to mention it before: I love you. Thanks! :lovestruc
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 9:58 PM
Thank you so much for these! Just what I needed for my male Sim.

I was wondering about one thing though and was thinking maybe I should let you know:
I checked with Delphy's dashboard tool trough my mods as always after putting something new in to my game and it showed that your CASP files conflict with the actual hairstyle files.

Are you aware of this and should I just ignore it? Thanks!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 9:11 AM
OPG You can ignore that. These files just override the CASP file, which is why the dashboard gives a warning. The files don't actually cause conflict in any way, they just override the original file. They work like default replacements.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 11:02 PM
Default :-(
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
FzzyDg8 I hope you'll enjoy them!

Ok so i download the actual hairstyle from the link and it works for the females but when i downloaded the override for it to be just for males and put it in the sims3> mods folder it didn't work...could you please help me out here
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 9:46 AM
BSims32013 You must install the actual hair from the link provided, as well as the file by me. Do you have them both placed in your packages folder?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 3:47 PM Last edited by SHOWER_SCREAM : 27th Dec 2012 at 7:10 PM. Reason: Added info
These overrides don't work for me. I tried Male only at first, then I tried Male + Female. I even used the CAS filter to only see custom hair for Hair and then Hair w/ Accessory and they never showed up.

In both cases, they show up for Female as intended by the actual hair file. I cleared my caches as well.

EDIT: Actually, I didn't know you could just enable F for M without having to do meshing so, I just added it on the actual hair files myself. But still thanks for making this mod.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 8:37 AM
SHOWER_SCREAM Did you remember to download both the hair mesh from the link provided and the override by me?
The category change is indeed simple to do yourself. It's a shame that I just can't upload the entire hair with the tiny change applied, because I'd need the original creator's permission to do so which is difficult to get. That's why I can only upload the category overrides instead of the whole hair. :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 2:52 AM
Should I be putting both the files you provided AND the original hair files in the Packages folder or should yours go into Overrides? I would greatly appreciate knowing where to put everything as I cannot seem to get the hairs to appear in the game. Thank you in advance!
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Jan 2013 at 3:57 PM
bananacook37 Yes, you need both the actual hair from the provided link as well as the override file by me. Put the both files in the packages folder, as they are both in the package file format.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 5:14 PM
sooo, my neighbors probably think i brought a 'friend' over because as soon as i saw these i was yelling "YES! oh my god yes! i love you much, your the best!" lol XD
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 8:42 PM
Thirdo I had no idea this many people would found these hairs useful! If I had known I would've uploaded them ages ago!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 5:40 PM
Thanks very much for this! There is a definite lack of sexy long hair for guys in this game.

If people are having problems getting it working, I found that making a back up of the hair mesh packages downloaded from Rose and Peggy sims, and then opening those packages in S3PE and deleting the casp file makes it work just fine. I guess the override Arisuka made isn't always overriding. Another Maxis glitch?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 10:49 PM
Ophidia It probably is EA issue. :/ The method you described will definitely make the files work as they should, for those who know their way around s3pe.
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
Ophidia It probably is EA issue. :/ The method you described will definitely make the files work as they should, for those who know their way around s3pe.

Yes, I felt it was a stupid glitch, so I thought I'd just mention my workaround for those who are in the know .
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 8:34 PM
Yours hairstyle a very beautifully turned!
Beautiful men's hairstyles are rare.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SHOWER_SCREAM
These overrides don't work for me. I tried Male only at first, then I tried Male + Female. I even used the CAS filter to only see custom hair for Hair and then Hair w/ Accessory and they never showed up.

In both cases, they show up for Female as intended by the actual hair file. I cleared my caches as well.

EDIT: Actually, I didn't know you could just enable F for M without having to do meshing so, I just added it on the actual hair files myself. But still thanks for making this mod.

How did you enable F for M for this hair?
Test Subject
#24 Old 19th Feb 2013 at 1:45 PM
Thank you! These are absolutely gorgeous.
Test Subject
#25 Old 21st Apr 2013 at 4:46 PM
Bonjour,
Have you shared yet this gorgeous MAN? *_*
Page 1 of 2