Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 2:40 PM
"Nope. She treats me as her personal bank" I replied, grabbing a pen and a piece of paper out of my bag.
"Don't worry, it'll get better" Kennedy assured.
"I hope so" I replied, as Kennedy spoke up again "What happened to your parents?" She asked.
I shrugged my shoulders. "No clue. I woke up one morning and noticed that they weren't there. All of their stuff was gone too" I answered, scribbling down some things on a piece of paper.
"What's that?" Kennedy asked, grabbing the paper off me. "Just a few things I have to do this afternoon" I answered, grabbing the paper and pocketing it.
I saw Carmeda open the door to the staff office and walk outside. "We better get going to drama class" I said, patting Kennedy on the shoulder, as we both tried to get to drama as quick as possible.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 2:57 AM
*whispers* "Let's hope she's forgotten about yesterday and we don't get in trouble today."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 7:27 AM
"Welcome back, have a *yawn* seat."
The students sit down and Camarda yawns again.
It was good of the principle to allow more drama lessons per week, but really? Second period?
"I see we have a few missing, no biggie. As you may have heard we're not going to perform the Wizard of Oz this year. Kennedy, could you please have your focus here. I haven't really decided on a new play yet so I'd love to hear some ideas from you, the ones that are actually performing."

Quote:
You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm. - Colette
Inventor
#29 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 7:35 AM
"Sorry Mrs. Demarce. Actually I do have an idea for the new play. Why don't we come up with a plot and write our own play?"
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 8:16 AM
"I like that idea" I spoke up. Kennedy looked at me. "You do?" Kennedy asked, as I nodded my head.
"You bet. We can create our own characters and make our plot whatever we want it to be" I answered.
"How about we do the play on Star Trek" Someone said from the back. I slightly nodded my head.
"How would that work?" Kennedy asked. The person was about to speak, when I cut them off "I'm not sure that it would work".
"We could have some of the drama students as Klingons and the rest of the class as a Starship crew" The person said.
"We are not having a play on Star Trek" Mrs. Demarce spoke.
"Damn" I said to myself, as Mrs. Demarce asked the group "Any other ideas?"

Lab Assistant
#31 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 1:08 PM
"Um..." I started, but I pretended that I didn't say anything. But Mrs. Demarce must have good ears.
"Go ahead" She said with a smile.
"I was just going to say... I read a book a little while ago called "The Golden Compass", and it's about a girl who has to save a lot of kids in the north, in a different world... but there would need to be a lot of animal costumes... and It's really dramatic..." I suddenly regretted saying my idea. Who wants to do a play on a book? Well, I know plays like Shakespeare had books in it though... I just sank back into my chair, pretending that I didn't exist.
Mrs. Demarce still smiled. "I'm so happy that you guys are being creative!" she said. "Any more ideas come to mind?"
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 1:57 PM
(OOC: I've actually seen a movie based on that book, great idea!)

"I think Clarissa's idea is good" Tarah says out loud and smiles at her.
Some of the other students agree.
"Sounds good to me too, but I want to make sure that everyone gets their voices heard. Does anyone have any more ideas?"

Quote:
Inventor
#33 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 8:47 PM
"No offense, but I hated The Golden Compass books. I think we should literally make up something original, not from a book or movie."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 10:27 PM
"Well, there's been a lot of great suggestions today and I'm going to think trough them all" Camarda says and grabs her notebook "but I've planned some other things for us to do today" she continues while flipping trough the pages. "Now you're going to work in groups of four, and make a short sketch together. It can have any plot you want to, but it needs to take place in certain locations that I'm going to assign you shortly and everybody in the group needs to participate. Remember to keep the sketch running for at least a few minutes but not too long."
Tarah stares at the "Theatre bag" (the white one with purple spots) while her mother divides the class into smaller groups.
"You girls can work together right?" Camarda says and points at Kennedy, Clarissa, Tayla and her own daughter. "Your location is a restaurant, and you got about ten minutes. Don't be afraid to improvise!" she says and runs off to another group before anyone has time to object.

Quote:
Inventor
#35 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 10:36 PM
"Okay, first when and where is our restaurant? I think either someone from far in the future has traveled back in time to a restaurant of the past or the exact opposite. What do you think?"
Mad Poster
#36 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 2:40 AM
"I like that idea" I spoke up. I scribbled an idea down on a piece of paper and gave it to everyone to read.
"A cyborg has come from the future to warn us about the impending doom of Earth" Tarah read out.
"It's good for a first idea" Kennedy started. "Even though we only have 6 more minutes to come up with a plot" Kennedy finished, as we tried to come up with a plot.
We couldn't think of any more ideas. "We have to go with Tayla's idea" Tarah started. "We've ran out of time" Tarah finished, as Mrs. Demarce call us up to the stage to perform

Inventor
#37 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 3:31 AM
*whispers* "But I didn't hear Tayla even give us any ideas."
Mad Poster
#38 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 7:17 AM
"Yeah she did" Clarissa whispered to Kennedy. "She gave us the idea of the whole cyborg thing" Clarissa finished.
"Yeah" Kennedy started. "But coming from the future was my idea" Kennedy stated.
"Come on" Tarah said, calling us to the stage. I was already sitting there waiting for Kennedy and Clarissa to make their way to the stage.
"This play is about a cyborg that has come from the future to warn us about the impending doom of Earth" Tarah said, as we all took our spots on the stage.

Inventor
#39 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 1:54 PM Last edited by leo06girl : 26th Mar 2013 at 7:07 PM.
*thinking to myself* I don't like the cyborg idea, it's way too Terminator-esque for me, but whatever. I'll act it out like I like the idea anyway. I think our group does a good job, so we go sit down when we finish.

((I misread your post is why I thought your character didn't give and idea.))
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 26th Mar 2013 at 10:46 PM
Kennedy and Tarah were the customers, I was the waitress, and Tayla was the cyborg.
"Welcome to the Grill. May I take your order, or do you want more time to choose?"
Inventor
#41 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 3:32 AM
*thinking to myself* Let's see how well they can imrov.
*speaks in a British accent* "I'll have a Dr. Pepper and some chips."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 6:10 PM
Oh dear, I hope this goes well Tarah thinks and says the stick-line for Tayla(Is it called that? Whatevs):
"I can't really decide, should I take nr 2 or nr 5? Oh, and a glass of water please."

Quote:
Mad Poster
#43 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:53 PM
I come bursting out on the stage. "The world is doomed" I kept on repeating.
"What on Earth are they saying" Kennedy said, as my cyborg alter-ego, walked over to the small restaurant table.

Inventor
#44 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 2:50 AM
*raises an eyebrow and the cyborg* "You're insane, and did you just come from a costume party or something? Anyway, leave us alone, you're ruining our lunch."
Mad Poster
#45 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 4:03 AM
"I am from the future" I started, in my best robot voice. "The world as we know it, is going to end" I finished, as Kennedy and Tarah continued to eat their food.
"You aren't from the future. If you are, you can tell me what next week lottery numbers are" Kennedy said. "I am unable to process that information" I started. "The world will end if I do"

Inventor
#46 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 4:07 AM
"Yeah, right. Are we on candid camera or something? Why don't you just leave us alone and go back to your costume party? Or do we have to call the manager? Seriously, what part of leave us alone do you not understand?"
Mad Poster
#47 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:40 AM
"I am unable to process the word 'candid camera', but I am here to warn you about the immediate destruction of the Earth" I replied, pulling up one of my robot arms and opening one of the metal hatches on my arm.
"How did you manage to do that?" Kennedy asked. "I am a cyborg" I answered, as Tarah spoke up and said. "I think I believe you now"

Inventor
#48 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 9:03 AM
"So, you claim Earth is about to be destroyed? What do we do, go hide in our storm shelters?"
Mad Poster
#49 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 1:35 PM
"No, storm shelters would not withstand the nuclear fallout" I started. "We need to make some bomb shelters" I finished.
"Wait" Tarah started. "What nuclear fallout?" Tarah asked. "This is the year 2050, isn't it?" I asked, looking at a panel on my arm

Inventor
#50 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:17 PM
"And how are we going to do that? Would the best thing to do not be to prevent this nuclear war? It would destroy the surface for years, so bomb shelters would be pointless correct?"
Page 2 of 3