Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Recolors you won`t regret: 3 great retro outfits from 3 useless basegame meshes

by midnight_radiowave Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 7:35 PM - Updated 8th Jan 2013 at 11:49 AM by midnight_radiowave

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 7:42 PM
These are great! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 8:30 PM
Really cute! Not enough clothes for males out there, so this helps!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 9:00 PM
OH GOD. I REGRET THiS!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 10:30 PM
Clever idea! Great to have three new outfits just from a good texture of the game's own hidden meshes, nice one!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 12:21 AM
Nicely done!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 12:22 AM
Forgive my idiocy, but are these default replacements, or can we have both yours and EA's in at the same time?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:22 AM
Great idea, awesome job! Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:28 AM
Great job!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 5:38 AM
It would be great if you could flag the coat to outdoors.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:12 AM
This is cool! Great idea on taking out the hidden meshes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dazro
OH GOD. I REGRET THiS!!

Haha, whats wrong? Are they not working for you? I am asking this because I need to know If I should include unlocked outfit meshes. And if you are just in the mood for trolling, you better.............
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Freja
It would be great if you could flag the coat to outdoors.

You mean to put it in the that Seasons-only category, outerwear? Sorry, but I don`t have this expansion pack installed. Please, report for mistakes if you found some! And if there is no mistakes and everything working nice, also report - this is even more important!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by murfee
Forgive my idiocy, but are these default replacements, or can we have both yours and EA's in at the same time?

Those ARE NOT default replacements, just new outfits. And your mailman won`t look like this, I promise. (I actually think I should work on a set of default retro-stylized recolors, but shhh.)
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by midnight_radiowave
You mean to put it in the that Seasons-only category, outerwear? Sorry, but I don`t have this expansion pack installed. Please, report for mistakes if you found some! And if there is no mistakes and everything working nice, also report - this is even more important!

You can set it for outerwear even without Seasons. All EA outerwear is also in everyday category too. In S3PE it's not called outerwear yet but Unknown 12. BTW, nice retextures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ViolettaVie
You can set it for outerwear even without Seasons. All EA outerwear is also in everyday category too. Just change to true for Unknown 12. BTW, nice retextures.

Thank you! By the way, report if they work for you all! This is my first recolor for sims 3 (yes,yes I admitted it) and I messed a lot with specular, alfa and bumpmaps here so please let me know if something is wrong.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:36 PM
this is a definite trash to treasure makeover, very nicely done. I can se the labcoat outfit on a steampunk character with perhaps a tophat and accessory goggles. actualy after a second look they could all be in a steampunc adventure like Around the w
World in Eighty Days
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by imdvine
this is a definite trash to treasure makeover, very nicely done. I can se the labcoat outfit on a steampunk character with perhaps a tophat and accessory goggles. actualy after a second look they could all be in a steampunc adventure like Around the w
World in Eighty Days

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted them to look like. Please, report if everything is alright. I am really anxious.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:53 PM
This is SO AWESOME! thank you thank you thank you! s2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo5
Thank you so much and please do some default replacements. Some of those career and NPC outfits just about make my eyes bleed.

It is decided then! I`ll make default replacements! (And keep my fingers crossed for these recolors to work. ) Also, be ready for my 'classic shorts' download coming next!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:24 PM
Thanks for the post! By the way, they run perfectly fine without the meshes you uploaded.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by YaelZP
Thanks for the post! By the way, they run perfectly fine without the meshes you uploaded.

Finally! Thank you! I expected that since the mesh automatically gets unique number in the program I am using. But, still, I was a little afraid that I made replacements or they won`t work without meshes. So...I included them just not to stress over it, haha...Call me neurotic. Thank you all again!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:44 PM
I absolutely LOVE this idea! They look so much better than the EA versions, before this I would NEVER have used any of these outfits on my sims. Thank you for sharing this! I will definitely keep my eyes peeled for more.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 2:30 AM
Love the Bag one
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 4:41 AM
What a clever use of meshes already in the game, but practically useless in their original state. I hope to see more of this in the future
Page 1 of 2