Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Keratin Face v1.1

by mahamudo Posted 7th Jan 2013 at 7:38 PM - Updated 11th Feb 2013 at 3:22 AM by mahamudo : V1.1 update

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 7:58 PM
I'm already using it - breathtaking, especially on elders. Too bad it contrasts with the lame EA age details on the townies... :o)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 8:39 PM
This is amazing. I'll definitely give it a try
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 9:03 PM
Actually mahamudo, could you start making age details with this technique? Like new wrinkles and that? Btw these are gorgeous!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 9:21 PM Last edited by FREEDOM_55 : 7th Jan 2013 at 9:42 PM.
omg this is why I love you! you always make innovative,needed and high quality mods that nobody ever thinks of.
Thanks to you, we can have something actually close to realistic pores that reflect light in a realistic manner.

Question: Does the effect the muscle slider definition on current skin tones?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 11:59 PM
Just in case anyone else, like me, wondered if these were compatible with the adult normal maps on Abnormal Sim Simulation Center, they are.

Thanks Mahamudo; these are gorgeous. I look forward to having these in my game. It's nice to see an aesthetics mod that lets elders look old.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:20 AM
Whitequeen73, Darzo:
This is just V1. I still need to do a lot of adjustment and improvement in the future. So the wrinkles will come someday.

FREEDOM_55:
No. They are different textures. This mod will only replace the FACE one. The muscle slider definition is a body normal map. So they won't conflict each other.

Laxley:
Yes!! to everyone who wondered~~~ Don't worry. Because I am the author of Abnormal SIM Simulator Center. lol
They are compatible. And I'm going to release a new project which replaces the body normal map and give you lots of hand details and vessels (But no keratin on the body due to the texture size limitation).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:41 AM
Stunning! Thank you for your beautiful work!
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 8:11 AM
Have I correctly understood that this mod can be used in conjunction with a custom skintone? (I am using Navetsea's skintones at the the moment and would like to continue using them).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 8:58 AM
Correct, FKM100. The files this edits are not the same files edited by a custom skintone, typically.

Thank you, mahamudo! I daresay this is TS3 mod history in the making.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:08 PM
I've been looking for skintones that had this kind of look, but this will solve that quest and allow me to keep the current tones. My sims will be so much more realistic and interesting. Thank you so much for this. Can't wait to see what you do with the promised elder wrinkles and body mapping. Thank you so much for this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 2:43 PM
This is awsome I love creating realistic Sims, so this is perfect for me. I think the effect could be even a little more obvious in young adults!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 4:54 PM
Like others have mentioned, I am also definitely looking forward to a version that adds additional age details, but even this subtle effect helps immensely to distinguish adults from young adults, and that's great in my books!

Incidentally, at 20 MB this clocks in as bigger than navetsea's actual body texture! Heh!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JT`
Incidentally, at 20 MB this clocks in as bigger than navetsea's actual body texture! Heh!

Because EA use A8L8 format for normal map. Unlike DXT5, it's very big...
This also drove me crazy when I uploaded this mod here because I don't want to separate my package file....
And I don't know how can I upload my new body project (Still on working)... it's over 15 MB but only containing two body textures now.......
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 12:37 AM
Looks great! Much more realistic! Can't wait to try it out!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:35 AM
I love you.

/patrickvoice
Test Subject
#17 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:53 AM Last edited by FKM100 : 9th Jan 2013 at 8:26 AM.
Thanks for answering my question - I can't wait to try this out. I have always hated those unnaturally smooth faces, especially on my elders. And adding a couple of superficial lines really doesn't do much to make them look as old as they are supposed to be.

I might add that another thing that really bugs me in the game is the totally unrealistic tranformation from hale-and-hearty adult to really decrepit-looking elder, without any middle age. As a 'somewhat' older person myself (ahem), I am very conscious of the fact that 50 does not look like 80 and I really resent them just being lumped all together into one category. Still, I can't see anything being done about it now.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 2:21 AM
Best skin ever!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 5:37 AM
I have your 2048 ver. Now it's definitely great to have such feature esp. when all settings turned high.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 10:57 AM Last edited by JT` : 11th Jan 2013 at 11:09 AM.
Wow, I thought the original version was fantastic, and then a higher-resolution version gets released a few days later!

Quote: Originally posted by mahamudo
This also drove me crazy when I uploaded this mod here because I don't want to separate my package file....
And I don't know how can I upload my new body project (Still on working)... it's over 15 MB but only containing two body textures now.......

7-Zip can do multi-part .7z files. Just use the "split to volumes, bytes" option and choose "10M", and it would spit out .7z.001 and .7z.002 files and so forth, each 10 MB in size, until the entire single .package file is broken up into manageable 10 MB .7z pieces, all automatically.

You then upload all of the .7z files, one after the other. People then download all of these .7z files (they have to have them all) and the program "rebuilds" the .package file once they have all of the pieces and they try to extract the first .7z file.

I can't say for sure whether MTS's file-renaming will mess that up a little, but see Jericho for an example of a multi-part download (that one's in .RAR format, but the principle is similar). It is made of 12 files containing a single 143 MB .Sims3Pack altogether. It's like shipping a new piece of furniture, except it automatically breaks itself down for shipping and then rebuilds itself once the person has all of the boxes. =)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 12:33 PM
JT:
Oh man! I was just wondering if I can upload a split one. Now I know I can.
I will not update this thread anymore until I complete "You Are Real" project.
Anyway, Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 8:29 AM
Dang! It's about time someone added some proper realism to our sims! :D
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 4:07 AM
These are wonderful! Very realistic, and very fine details. I put them on my sims but unfortunately the abs don't line up with ladyfrontbum's male skin, but fantastic work notheless!
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 5:08 PM
This submission is really very unclear to me. I don't understand what it does, and I don't see any difference of skin texture in the pictures. Why do you need this sort of thing if you won't even be able to see the change in-game?

I'm 19 and I think I'm funny sometimes. I idolize Alaksa 5000. Avid RuPaul fan.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TookaChan
This submission is really very unclear to me. I don't understand what it does, and I don't see any difference of skin texture in the pictures. Why do you need this sort of thing if you won't even be able to see the change in-game?

I don't think you can see keratin clearly from long distance, right?
So this one is for close distance.
Page 1 of 2