Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MaxoidMonkey's Alienware Computer - Sims 2 Conversion

by Esmeralda Posted 9th Mar 2013 at 3:04 PM - Updated 9th Mar 2013 at 3:43 PM by Esmeralda

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 52 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 3:19 PM
this was the hacked one, yes? i had this item in my game im pretty sure. so this is just the skin of it? just want to make sure before i download
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mistress Ovivil
this was the hacked one, yes? i had this item in my game im pretty sure. so this is just the skin of it? just want to make sure before i download

I'm not sure what you mean by 'the hacked one'?

Yes, this is just the skin (the mesh and the textures) of the TS2 Alienware computer, which have been made into a TS3 computer.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 3:59 PM
So much nostalgia, I had all my simmies use this computer. And I think she means the hacked original for TS2 - if I recall correctly, MaxoidMonkey never updated his for the extra interactions that Freetime and Apartment Life added, so fovex here at MTS "hacked" (updated) it. I digress, thanks for another great conversion!
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 4:41 PM
awww I love this but I have no luck opening zip files in WinRAR in windows 8
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 5:06 PM
wow, Esmeralda is alive! Keep turning TS3 into TS2 again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 5:49 PM
Thanks, now I have a pc for my simies that looks exactly like the one I own and play sims on! I really am excited, first because I had forgotten about it in Sims2 and because pcs in the Sims 3 aren't all that. I can hardly wait to play. Again thank you very much.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavensrains
awww I love this but I have no luck opening zip files in WinRAR in windows 8

As an aside... you can download 7zip for free, and it will open zips and rars... and works fine in Windows 8:

http://www.7-zip.org/

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 9:55 PM
I used to love this in my Sims 2 game. Thanks for giving it back to us.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 11:07 PM
@LE102071: You are definitely right about 7zip, it's equal if not better than WinRAR anyway.

And while I don't really like Alienware IRL, I do like it in the Sims because it's the only computer that really gives me that "gaming PC" feeling. Thanks!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 9th Mar 2013 at 11:51 PM
Alienware! Yesssss!

Thanks Esmeralda :-)
Forum Resident
#12 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 1:26 AM Last edited by lenglel : 11th Mar 2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: added screen shot
I think I'll mod this to put the box under the desk. Wheee!
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 8:00 AM
I take it for the memories ! thank you !
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 11:28 AM
Thanks everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
I think she means the hacked original for TS2 - if I recall correctly, MaxoidMonkey never updated his for the extra interactions that Freetime and Apartment Life added, so fovex here at MTS "hacked" (updated) it.

Ah, thank you for the explanation! I suspected they meant some sort of added interactions, but didn't know what. But yes, when something gets 'converted' to TS3, you just get TS3 interactions.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 4:34 PM
Love this. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 9:30 PM
Looks like my old PC,that thing weighed a ton,LOL.Thanx
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 4:01 AM
This is one of my favorite computer in TS2. Thank you for converting it to TS3.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Mar 2013 at 1:54 PM
I remember thiiiiis! Thanks a lot for converting! <3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Mar 2013 at 1:16 PM
glad to see it up,my fav is still neon green but metallic version in ts3 looks very impressive too! thanx Ez
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Mar 2013 at 9:30 PM
Oooh, my geek sims will love it! Thanks Esmeralda!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 3:35 AM
Thank you. Definite download for me.
And R.I.P TS2 website, I had no idea it was shut down.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 5:11 AM
Thank you very much Esmeralda! You don't know how much it means to me to see something like this fpr TS3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 4:49 PM
Oh yeah! This is my real life computer, so I'm thrilled to see it in TS3. Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 6:12 PM
Great! Can I suggest someone make a mod with a windowed led lit tower and maybe some headphones for gaming? I know this mod was to save the awesome ts2 pc....but just sayin'. Thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 4:53 PM
Wow, geekheartattack. Love it.
Page 1 of 3