Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

What's on the menu?

by SimsMatthew Posted 27th Mar 2013 at 9:53 PM - Updated 9th Sep 2014 at 4:56 AM by SimsMatthew

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 46 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:11 PM
This is FANTASTIC, but will probably conflict with my mod as well (as it alters the bars xml), I'll do some testing later.

I don't mind at all if you'd like to incorporate it into a separate version, that is, of course, only if you'd like to :D.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:45 PM
Oh nice... I hope it's compatible with BlackCats one day....is that feasible?
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:51 PM
glad to see this! i also wanted to mention though that this conflicts with "roast links as plants" mod and buyable skill/fish/recipes. also conflicts with the bars open longer hours mod.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Mar 2013 at 10:51 PM
This looks pretty awesome! I especially like the addition of lamb, and new drinks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 3:05 AM
Very creative! I can't wait to test this out in-game! :D
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 4:05 AM
I would really love this if it actually showed up in my game, i installed it twice and no luck can you tell me whats wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 4:06 AM
thanks for this upload!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 4:08 AM
hmm, some recipes need to be learned via recipe books at the bookstore
as for conflicts, the merging of the mods is feasible with simple xml modding

Ps new food will be added soon, which are miso soup and stuffed pepprrs
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 11:39 AM
I got super excited until I saw it conflict with blackcat's mod and fish recipes mod, but the mod does look awesome.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 12:48 PM
This sounds fantastic, I can't wait to try it!

I was wondering if there's any option to translate them? (I could make a Dutch translation, and probably also a German)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 1:09 PM
I don't have the names of the new meals, only they're prizes... I play in Polish version of the mod. Good thing is, that douglasveiga's "the Chef" mod works OK with new meals, also NRaas Master Controller can teach a Sim those new recipes... :D
Test Subject
#13 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 5:23 PM
Sounds really exciting. I always wondered why "my" employer would give me the book to read to advance as a cook when I can't actually do anything with my new knowledge.
I have a question though. You said some recipes are learned by advancing in the cooking skill and some by reading the books. What about Sims that already have mastered the cooking skill? Will they just magically know the recipes or do I have to use NRaas Master Controller?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 7:52 PM
Hello! Can you clarify me a doubt? There's the plasma soup for vampires?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 8:46 PM
I'd love to use this, but I don't want to give up the "all bars serve all drinks" mod. Is there any way you could make a version without the drinks so it wouldn't conflict?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 4:14 AM
This mod looks fantastic and I would SO use it if it was compatible with bluegenjutsu's "Better Bars" mod
Maybe there would be a way to avoid conflicts between mods if you made a version that doesn't include the drinks recipes ? Just an idea !

Also, if you're willing to make this mod available in different languages, here are the names of the recipes in French (you know we're big on cooking ):

-Borsch -> Borchtch
-Country Casserole -> I looked up some pics of this recipe, it looks like what we call "gratin" in French, so I guess it'd translate into: Gratin paysan
-Baked Alaska -> Omelette norvégienne
-Curry Stew -> Ragoût au curry
-Wellington Ribs -> Boeuf Wellington
-Samosas -> Samoussas
-Curry Powder -> Poudre de curry
-Lamb -> Agneau
-Quesadillas -> unchanged
-Baked Potato -> Pommes de terre en robe des champs / Pommes de terre en robe de chambre
-Turkish Delight -> Loukoums
-Banana Milkshake -> Milkshake à la banane
-Strawberry Smoothie -> Smoothie à la fraise
-Margarita -> unchanged
-Pina Colada -> unchanged

Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 2:49 PM
Occultine, i think this mod might still conflict with better bars even if the drinks are removed because it still changes the food at the bars. i think it would be a great integration to include some of the features from that mod in this mod.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 8:18 PM Last edited by ChiK_HeinekeN : 29th Mar 2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Adding something
Hi...I could translate it in Spanish

EDIT: In the bookstore I can only buy 3 of the recipies; baked alaska, country casserole and welligton ribs....Where can one find or learn the other ones as well as the drinks?

Live your life to d fullest! B happy!!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 12:30 AM
This is amazing! Do you mind if I make a version of my mod that is merged with yours?

Check out my simblr: Stumbling Through The Nevernever!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
Occultine, i think this mod might still conflict with better bars even if the drinks are removed because it still changes the food at the bars. i think it would be a great integration to include some of the features from that mod in this mod.

Oh okay I have no idea how those mods are made so I assume you're right haha
(and I agree)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 12:40 PM
Is there any way to add food names also to Polish launguage? Cause I don't have any names.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 5:07 PM
Hi everyone, I am sorry for the delay reply. For the foood learned by recipe books, they are wellimgton ribs, baked.alaska, and country casserole.

As for sims with premade cooking skills, they need yo learn the autolearn recipes with Nraas master controller.

As for merging, I may ask the creators.

for translation, i will instruct it later

Thanks!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
Hi everyone, I am sorry for the delay reply. For the foood learned by recipe books, they are wellimgton ribs, baked.alaska, and country casserole.

As for sims with premade cooking skills, they need yo learn the autolearn recipes with Nraas master controller.

As for merging, I may ask the creators.

for translation, i will instruct it later

Thanks!!

Hi...Can Awesomode be used to learn the recipies as well?

Thanks!!

Live your life to d fullest! B happy!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 8:07 AM
Hi ChiK,

I am afraid thayt I don't use Awesomemod. I only use Nraas mods and other stuffs, so I can't really tell you. Sorry, but you may want to ask someone else.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Apr 2013 at 8:46 AM
I would LOVE to use this mod! Seems really cool, and I like the stand. But it conflicts with my 23 hour bars and Jenesis' buy all fruit and fish mods. The "shop at home" mod also conflicts and I just can't be without those. I wanted to mess around and see what I could do in the way of combinations but I'm a novice. Gotta pick my battles. Thanks anyway!
Page 1 of 6