Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gothic Ultra-Vertical

by scoopy_loopy Posted 17th Mar 2013 at 2:51 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2019 at 6:57 AM by scoopy_loopy

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 5:05 AM
OMG love it, reminds me Grimmauld Place from Harry Potter
Instructor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 5:25 AM
LOL! It's funny you should mention that because this house began as a pattern experiment and I had Grimmauld Place in mind!

Thanks, Witerwings... or should I say Buckbeak. :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 7:34 AM
WOW, this is beautiful, thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 9:28 AM
This is fabulous - I used to live in a (significantly less well decorated and less gothic - ours was bright redbrick outside and magnolia inside!) one of these as a student - 3 flights of stairs every morning to have breakfast!

I love this version - have to have it in my game, now - have just the family in mind (co-incidentally - nothing to do with HP.... but they are called Black ;-) )

Thank you for all of your hard work, and for your generosity in sharing it!

Edited for grammar. Because I am useless at proofreading. Aargh.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 11:46 AM
It looks so beautiful and dark, its very appealing, well done! It kind of reminds me of the house from the 'Panic Room'.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 2:47 PM
thankyou!!!!!!! it looks so nice!!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 10:06 PM
Oh my! This place does look exactly like I imagined Grimmauld Place would look. Perfect!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 5:05 AM
When I saw the title, I was a little skeptical. Then I, out of curiosity, took a closer look.
I love this. It's gorgeous! It's not just a typical 'Gothic' mansion full of the colour black. It looks like you've put so much work into this and having it on such a small lot could really come in handy for those of us who play on smaller map sizes which don't include large lots. The best part of all - it doesn't stick out ridiculous amounts, it still could blend in to most towns. I feel this home would suit Vampires well, which is something I've really been searching for. While my style for Vampire homes is a welcoming, normal exterior with a dark and vampiric interior I have to say this is just stunning. It's creepy and dark but it still seems.. Homely.
Gah, I love it!!! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 5:19 AM
Amazing design, can i ask what world is that?
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eclipsse
This is fabulous - I used to live in a (significantly less well decorated and less gothic - ours was bright redbrick outside and magnolia inside!) one of these as a student - 3 flights of stairs every morning to have breakfast!

Thanks for the compliments and the little story! I'm jealous! We have nothing like this in my country that I know of.

Quote: Originally posted by Pink_Pwincess
When I saw the title, I was a little skeptical. Then I, out of curiosity, took a closer look.
I love this. It's gorgeous! It's not just a typical 'Gothic' mansion full of the colour black. It looks like you've put so much work into this and having it on such a small lot could really come in handy for those of us who play on smaller map sizes which don't include large lots. The best part of all - it doesn't stick out ridiculous amounts, it still could blend in to most towns. I feel this home would suit Vampires well, which is something I've really been searching for. While my style for Vampire homes is a welcoming, normal exterior with a dark and vampiric interior I have to say this is just stunning. It's creepy and dark but it still seems.. Homely.
Gah, I love it!!! Thank you.

Thanks very much! And d'aww, you didn't like my title? I think it sounds kind of lame too but according to wiki "ultra-vertical" really is a thing. Maybe I should change it.

Quote: Originally posted by 505dude
Amazing design, can i ask what world is that?

St. Claire.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 9:12 PM
Wonderful production. May I include this in a world I am nearing completion on, it fits perfectly in an area I had in mind?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 20th Mar 2013 at 10:59 PM
Time to start horror TV!
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2013 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PWN9483
Wonderful production. May I include this in a world I am nearing completion on, it fits perfectly in an area I had in mind?

Sure, just a mention in credit would be nice. I'd love a link to the world.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 12:08 AM
This looks awesome! Love the detail and the height! Pretty cool!!!

P.S. Love the title
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 3:33 PM
This is absolutely incredible!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Jun 2014 at 2:43 AM
wow.
I just followed your nickname to this page, and found this. I had to favorite. I don't have the EPs to play it, but it's just too beautiful to ignore.