Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Less Reaction to Gem Cutter

by Mlle-Kohaku Posted 28th Mar 2013 at 2:59 AM - Updated 1st Feb 2014 at 8:11 PM by Mlle-Kohaku

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 8:06 AM
OMG. Another "WHY EA?!" made better... BY YOU! Seriously, you are wonderful. Thank you.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 10:06 AM
Thank you. This reaction seriously annoyed me, but I hadn't gotten around to modifying it for myself yet. Thank you, for doing it so I can be lazy and not bother.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 3:30 PM
Thank you very much. It's very annoying to have a sim using the gem cutter outside all the way on the other side of the lot get yelled at by a sim who was sleeping upstairs.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 5:28 PM
thank you this is perfect
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 1:02 PM
Thank you so much for this! I accept that the machine is loud, but... I had sims in other buildings chasing over to react to the thing! With your mod, they can simply have soundproofed the room it is in!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Mar 2013 at 4:17 AM
thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Mar 2013 at 6:07 PM
Finally! Thank you! I have that stupid machine in the lowest level of the basement already, and I think it's silly that someone 4+ floors away is going to whine about it.

My inventory is positively packed with gems waiting to be cut.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Apr 2013 at 9:58 PM
I cannot thank you enough for this! I love playing sims that gather gems and I use this machine A LOT. Thank you so much!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 11:16 AM
cool, those reactions are annoying.
could you please make one for the miner too? the one we invent in Ambitions.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Apr 2013 at 2:43 AM Last edited by Mlle-Kohaku : 26th Apr 2013 at 1:08 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by noxnoxnox
cool, those reactions are annoying.
could you please make one for the miner too? the one we invent in Ambitions.

Sure! I was unaware there were reactions for the miner; I've never invented one before.

Edit: It's been submitted to the site. I'm unsure when it'll be up, they're slower than usual with submissions right now.

We can't all be ninjas but it doesn't take much to be a pirate.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 8:26 PM
I just started using the gem cutter and wondered why in the deepest recess of the basement would my sim's roomie come running down 3 flights of stairs to complain about it's use.

Well, now I found this mod and stop the madness. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th May 2013 at 10:08 AM
What a relief! Thankyou!
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 11:35 AM Last edited by Mr Sim-Dude : 22nd Sep 2013 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo
This mod looks really great! Does it work with 1.57?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr Sim-Dude
This mod looks really great! Does it work with 1.57?

Yes, it does.

We can't all be ninjas but it doesn't take much to be a pirate.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Sep 2013 at 7:43 PM
Wow, you're fast! Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 7:46 PM
Thank you soo much. My sim children couldn't sleep for school because the only time I could cut gems was at night (work and babies and lifetime wishes!) and I was fed up with it! I put the gem cutter in the lower basement under the basement and the kids were on the third floor! I don't see how they could hear it with four floors inbetween! so unrealistically annoying. So thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:43 PM
I can't thank you enough!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 11:29 PM
I will be testing this. If any problems and/or bugs/glitches, I will come back and let you know about them. If not, you won't see me again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 2:37 AM
Muchas gracias por el mod, descargado. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 4:32 PM
This was a much needed mod, to me the gem cutter is not that noisy of a machine compared to the mining drill.

I got the version of the mod that limits the sound to only the room that the machine is in, and that tends to be a fairly small room that also contains the rest of the alchemy based items (the table, storage items, and appropriate decor).
Test Subject
#22 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 12:20 PM Last edited by demonhunter352 : 6th Oct 2016 at 6:18 AM.
Okay, wasn't initially sure if it was working or not, since it wasn't listed with my other script mods (though that list may be NRaas specific, now that I think about it), but effects in-game suggest it is. However, one point of order: After adding this much appreciated mod, I am no longer able to login to online content from within The Sims 3 game (it keeps giving me an invalid password error. Yes, I have tested the password on the actual website), and the Welcome page for the launcher is giving me a 404. Game version is 1.69. Was able to login prior to adding this mod.

Scratch that. Appears to be an unusually timed issue with the Sims 3 in-game login servers. Apologies for the false report.